Smart bones change everything! Some examples

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

funksmaname

Re: Smart bones changes everything! Some examples

Post by funksmaname »

@tatrik - this IS making holes in the face - the masking part is just so you can move those holes off the face and they don't become solid floating holes... if you do no rotations that cause the holes to overlap the face line then you don't need the masking part of the setup.
jezjones29

Post by jezjones29 »

I just had a quick play with your setup idea to see how I got on.
I'm now trying to work out the best way to accomodate 3D features such as nose, lips and ears etc.
Any tips?

funksmaname

Post by funksmaname »

Hey Jez, that's looking pretty good!
One thing though is it seems you really don't have enough frames on your actions, particularly on the eye blinks for example they become super jittery on the slow motion moves at the end... moving the frames down the timeline in your smart action will fix these issues

I've often pondered on what you suggested, with 3D features, for me the most important one, more than eyes, is the mouth cavity as you go to the side view - the hole must be created. With this set up you could add another layer of mask adjustments, to cut into or add to the shape. The nose doesn't really need masking, as you can have a duplicate above and below the head shape that flips into position from off canvas when needed (see my video on one bone head rotation [blue face guy]) but you have to come up with other solutions for the mouth cavity.
funksmaname

Post by funksmaname »

i've put a quick file together which has some 3D features. I'm not really happy with the mouth animation, but didn't have the time to work more on it - if someone wants to fix it be my guest! The masking set up is a little complicated, but you can examine the file. It suffers from the masking hairline crack problem around the face line and to include strokes would greatly complicate the set up (see Selgin's 'new improved head turn technique' for more on that!) but as a proof of concept it does the job :)

http://www.mediafire.com/?q197uvrchwi7rc6
tatrik

Post by tatrik »

Funksmaname, I guess he uses different shapes for holes. There is one shape for eyes with a hole and one for the mouth. And a whole head layer without any holes. What I am saying is about making the whole head without separate shape layers above the head shape and making the holes to the actual head shape.

Image[/quote]