ASP 9 announced

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Lost Marble
Site Admin

Re: ASP 9 announced

Post by Lost Marble »

drumlug13 wrote:I don't remember being given a choice between the installing 32 or 64. Did I miss something?
The installer is supposed to detect if you're running a 64bit version of Windows. If not, it will only install the 32bit version of the app. If you are, then it will install both versions. Both 32bit and 64bit versions should appear in your Start menu and as desktop shortcuts if you're running a 64bit version of Windows.
drumlug13

Post by drumlug13 »

That was a fast reply Mr. Marble .....

OK, My AS launch icon says AS Pro (x86). Does that mean that both are installed ?

I'm running on Win, Vista, Home Premium 64 Bit
Adam
Lost Marble
Site Admin

Post by Lost Marble »

drumlug13 wrote:That was a fast reply Mr. Marble .....

OK, My AS launch icon says AS Pro (x86). Does that mean that both are installed ?

The x86 part indicates the 32bit version. I don't have a Windows machine handy here at home, but I believe the 64bit version should be labeled x64. It sounds like the installer may have not installed both - we've got some tech support and engineers looking into it. We probably won't have an answer tonight, but hopefully soon.
drumlug13

Post by drumlug13 »

Sorry guys that was 100% my fault. I didn't read that first pop up at installation. I didn't realize it was going to load both programs separately. I re-installed and all is well now. Thanks for looking into it.
Adam
onurdemirsoy

Post by onurdemirsoy »

Mr Marble, It doesnt labeled as x64.
I am using Windows 7 64 Bit. I installed the update and now there are 3 different Anime Studio folder in Start Menu / Smith Micro folder.
One of them is Anime Studio Pro 8.
Other one is Anime Studio Pro 9 (x86)
And the last one is Anime Studio Pro 9

The (x86) one is the 32 Bit version. Which has a capability to export mov files.
Anime Studio Pro 9 is the 64 Bit version. It is much more faster but it doesnt have an mov export feature.

So Export feature still exist in 64 Bit Windows but only in 32 Bit Anime Studio Pro 9.
Lost Marble wrote:
drumlug13 wrote:That was a fast reply Mr. Marble .....

The x86 part indicates the 32bit version. I don't have a Windows machine handy here at home, but I believe the 64bit version should be labeled x64. It sounds like the installer may have not installed both - we've got some tech support and engineers looking into it. We probably won't have an answer tonight, but hopefully soon.