ASP 9 announced

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

drumlug13

Re: ASP 9 announced

Post by drumlug13 »

I thought 9/9/2012 would've been the perfect day to release AS9. I have a bunch of rigging to do today but I don't want to do it w/o smart bones. I want my smart bones. I've got to have my smart bones :shock:

I guess I'll watch football today instead. After all it has been several months since the Rams have taken a meaningful beating.
Adam
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

onurdemirsoy wrote:3- Undo Delete Layer (I really need this too much. Why cant we go back after deleting a layer? Really unbelievable.)
In AS9 evertything you can do is undoable
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel
onurdemirsoy

Post by onurdemirsoy »

selgin wrote:
onurdemirsoy wrote:3- Undo Delete Layer (I really need this too much. Why cant we go back after deleting a layer? Really unbelievable.)
In AS9 evertything you can do is undoable
Really? Then it is perfect :)
funksmaname

Post by funksmaname »

I really hope they don't change to bezier curves... Yes, you get more contro over the layout of individual frames but point animation would be a nightmare... The current system isn't so bad when you get used to it! Would be nice to have motion blur.

The transform tool now has a bounding box where you can scale, move and rotate a layer in one tool...
RichardU

Post by RichardU »

funksmaname wrote:I really hope they don't change to bezier curves
Agreed. I also like the current system.

My two biggest problems with 9 are: 1) I too am now waiting for smart bones before I move ahead on a massive project. And 2) Every time someone posts to this thread, I foolishly get excited that the release date has arrived.
funksmaname

Post by funksmaname »

Every time someone posts to this thread, I foolishly get excited that the release date has arrived.
lol

...oh oops - just did it again! :P

btw, you dont need to wait to start really, with the basic character drawing and rigging - you can just add the smart bone actions later...
RichardU

Post by RichardU »

funksmaname wrote:
Every time someone posts to this thread, I foolishly get excited that the release date has arrived.
...oh oops - just did it again! :P

btw, you dont need to wait to start really, with the basic character drawing and rigging - you can just add the smart bone actions later...
You're right. I have about a dozen characters ready to go. I just want to redo the bones before I start animating.
funksmaname

Post by funksmaname »

not long to wait now... though again - even if you animate, then add smart behaviour later, it will still update the entire animation automagically - though that's assuming you're not doing manual point motion, but bone motion.
DarthFurby

Post by DarthFurby »

Looks like AS9 will be available on Monday, Sept 10th:

http://anime.smithmicro.com/animestudio9/
funksmaname

Post by funksmaname »

That's today here! or tomorrow for the rest of you late risers...
Diana Kennedy

Post by Diana Kennedy »

Just bought it - download is under its way. :D
harrisyu

Post by harrisyu »

upgraded,waiting for my Serial mail...
Diana Kennedy

Post by Diana Kennedy »

Already worki,g now with it. Sure, the keyframes on double-click are a delight. :D
onurdemirsoy

Post by onurdemirsoy »

Just bought it and really awesome :) Smart Bones are really the most useful thing ever for an animation artist. Also 64 bit support is amazing too. Everything is faster than ever. All new features are awesome and useful. I thing I will finish my works %400 faster with these features..

I asked about lots of features on one of my last posts. It seems like they added most of them to this version.

I wish they have plans to add real motion blur. I really need it.
And objects will keep their shapes after we will delete an edge. I dont know why they dont keep their shapes. It doesnt look neutral now.

I thing I found an issue about the software. It still exist in Anime Studio Pro 9 too.
For example I draw an rectangle. Change the width of one of its point with Line Width tool. If I did it by a mistake I can change its width to its first state and this solve my problem. It is ok. But if I added a style to this rectangle after that and change the stroke width by a style, that first point doesnt change. But it has to. And there is no way to undo this. Please help me if you know a way. And if there is no way, I wish they will add this as a minor change to the future releases. A basic "Change width to default" button will work for me.

Well I should stop I guess. Or I'd ask for vignette lens effect, tilt shift effect etc and they will hate me :)

Finally if you still use Anime Studio 8, just buy the new version as soon as possible :)
Imago

Post by Imago »

I'm very interested in 64bit and GPU support...
How they works exactly?
For exapmple, the GPU support will increase the rendering speed?
And 64bit will improve the workflow?
Sorry for my bad english... Q_Q