ASP 9 announced

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

onurdemirsoy

Re: ASP 9 announced

Post by onurdemirsoy »

Imago wrote:I'm very interested in 64bit and GPU support...
How they works exactly?
For exapmple, the GPU support will increase the rendering speed?
And 64bit will improve the workflow?

Well some tools opens faster. For example text tool. But I had a very big anime studio file with lots of 3D spheres in it. I opened it but it still works slow on workspace. Maybe the render is faster. I think I will understand it better after working on some files..
Diana Kennedy

Post by Diana Kennedy »

Imago,

My impression is that workfolw and rendering speede are indeed increased.
Rai López

Post by Rai López »

onurdemirsoy wrote:I thing I found an issue about the software. It still exist in Anime Studio Pro 9 too.
For example I draw an rectangle. Change the width of one of its point with Line Width tool. If I did it by a mistake I can change its width to its first state and this solve my problem. It is ok. But if I added a style to this rectangle after that and change the stroke width by a style, that first point doesnt change. But it has to. And there is no way to undo this.

Easy! Just select the point/s which with you want to "reset" and go to "Draw -> Reset Line Width" main menu entry (or simply press Ctr+L)", their line width state will be like if no line width would have been ever applied and this usually solves any problem like you mentioned, I mean, it's important to know it and take it into account. Well, hope it helps and... continue enjoying! :D
onurdemirsoy

Post by onurdemirsoy »

Oh my god :D Thanks so much
Ramón López wrote:
onurdemirsoy wrote:I thing I found an issue about the software. It still exist in Anime Studio Pro 9 too.
For example I draw an rectangle. Change the width of one of its point with Line Width tool. If I did it by a mistake I can change its width to its first state and this solve my problem. It is ok. But if I added a style to this rectangle after that and change the stroke width by a style, that first point doesnt change. But it has to. And there is no way to undo this.

Easy! Just select the point/s which with you want to "reset" and go to "Draw -> Reset Line Width" main menu entry (or simply press Ctr+L)", their line width state will be like if no line width would have been ever applied and this usually solves any problem like you mentioned, I mean, it's important to know it and take it into account. Well, hope it helps and... continue enjoying! :D
onurdemirsoy

Post by onurdemirsoy »

Do you know how to export mov with 64 bit Anime Studio Pro 9?
Rai López

Post by Rai López »

onurdemirsoy wrote:Do you know how to export mov with 64 bit Anime Studio Pro 9?

From the "Readme":

Code: Select all

- 64-bit Windows does not support QuickTime as such there are import and export limitations to video/movie and to audio formats. The only supported movie format for import and export is .avi. The only supported audio formats for import are .wav, .aif, .aiff and .aifc. The only supported audio format for export is .wav. If you require the use of QuickTime, then we recommend using the 32-bit Windows (Universal) version of Anime Studio Pro 9 as it supports QuickTime and video formats such as .mov, .mp4, .m4v, .mpg, .mpeg, etc. As well, it supports .mp3, .m4a, .m4p, .m4b, .mid and .midi.

Well, I'm (still) on 32-bit OS, but I assume that for now (until Microsoft or Apple decide to solve the situation), the way to go is follow the avobe recommendation. Hmmm, hope it helps again :)
Last edited by Rai López on Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
onurdemirsoy

Post by onurdemirsoy »

Thanks :) It seems like I ll create an avi then transform it to mov with adobe media encoder..
Ramón López wrote:
onurdemirsoy wrote:Do you know how to export mov with 64 bit Anime Studio Pro 9?

From the "Readme":

Code: Select all

- 64-bit Windows does not support QuickTime as such there are import and export limitations to video/movie and to audio formats. The only supported movie format for import and export is .avi. The only supported audio formats for import are .wav, .aif, .aiff and .aifc. The only supported audio format for export is .wav. If you require the use of QuickTime, then we recommend using the 32-bit Windows (Universal) version of Anime Studio Pro 9 as it supports QuickTime and video formats such as .mov, .mp4, .m4v, .mpg, .mpeg, etc. As well, it supports .mp3, .m4a, .m4p, .m4b, .mid and .midi.

Well, I'm (still) on 32-bit OS, but I assume that for now (until Windows or Apple decide to solve the situation), the way to go is follow the avobe recommendation. Hmmm, hope it helps again :)
funksmaname

Post by funksmaname »

or work in 64bit version, but export from 32bit version :)
Rai López

Post by Rai López »

You're welcome :) ...And yeah, that is another possible workaround. Here are anyway, just in case they can be useful, two freeware (unless something had changed, but I don't think so) lossless avi codecs supporting Alpha channel for compositing:

I remember to have tested the first one (Huffyuv) long time ago and it worked quite well to me (although maybe it could require some new testing), about the second one, I think I never tested it but I heard good things about it so I've decided to included it. Of course, both generates HUGE files as they are lossless.

EDIT: Hmmm, after some quick tests, the first one still seems to work quite well, but I'm finding the second one (Lagarith) a little buggy; well they are freeware but better choices could exist nowadays out there tho... Anyway, I think I'd simply do what funksmaname said, but whatever workaround which with one feels more comfortable (obtaining similar results) can be the appropriate.

Well, greetings!
Diana Kennedy

Post by Diana Kennedy »

From the "Readme":
- 64-bit Windows does not support QuickTime as such there are import and export limitations to video/movie and to audio formats. The only supported movie format for import and export is .avi. )
???
I am on win 7, 64bits and I'm exporting fine in mov. Format.
Anyway.

My first complaint: ASP9 says it has improved the tracing feature. Well, not good enough. Black outlines are still not recognized as single strokes, but turned into shapes. Until this is the case, the tracing feature is not useable, at least for me.

UPDATE:

This is what I found in MY readme:
*QuickTime® (Macintosh & Windows)
You must have QuickTime installed in order to playback MP3 audio files within Anime Studio, and for importing and exporting Quicktime .mov files as well as viewing included videos.
The Quicktime Installer for Windows is included on the disk in the 'Third Party Installers' folder (physical purchases only).
We recommend that Mac users update to the latest version of Quicktime. You can download the latest version of Quicktime by going to: http://www.apple.com/quicktime/download/
This statement lets me believe that quicktime actually IS supported.
spoon

Post by spoon »

Diana Kennedy wrote:From the "Readme":
- 64-bit Windows does not support QuickTime as such there are import and export limitations to video/movie and to audio formats. The only supported movie format for import and export is .avi. )
???
I am on win 7, 64bits and I'm exporting fine in mov. Format.
Anyway.

My first complaint: ASP9 says it has improved the tracing feature. Well, not good enough. Black outlines are still not recognized as single strokes, but turned into shapes. Until this is the case, the tracing feature is not useable, at least for me.

UPDATE:

This is what I found in MY readme:
*QuickTime® (Macintosh & Windows)
You must have QuickTime installed in order to playback MP3 audio files within Anime Studio, and for importing and exporting Quicktime .mov files as well as viewing included videos.
The Quicktime Installer for Windows is included on the disk in the 'Third Party Installers' folder (physical purchases only).
We recommend that Mac users update to the latest version of Quicktime. You can download the latest version of Quicktime by going to: http://www.apple.com/quicktime/download/
This statement lets me believe that quicktime actually IS supported.
Are you sure you installed the 64 bit client and not the 32 bit version? As far as I'm aware from my research, there are no 64 bit windows applications that can interface with the 32 bit quicktime software without some kind of proprietary bridge/emulator created by the software maker. If you have indeed found a way around this I would love to hear how.
ThatsNotAllFolks

Post by ThatsNotAllFolks »

I ordered mine. Getting the physical box and disc thru the mail. Why do they call it a Hybrid???
Lost Marble
Site Admin

Post by Lost Marble »

The QuickTime situation is complicated on Windows. Apple only makes QuickTime in 32bit for Windows. There is no 64bit version of QuickTime for Windows.

What this means is that the 32bit version of Anime Studio can import and export QuickTime movies just fine. But the 64bit version of Anime Studio is not able to work with QuickTime movies. I don't know what Apple's future plans are for QuickTime and if they'll ever support 64bit on Windows - right now it's just not possible for us to support QuickTime in 64bit.

So, it's up to you as a user to choose how to work with this limitation. I can see a couple options:

1. Don't use QuickTime on Windows. Export AVI files or image sequences instead. You can use a video editor to assemble the final images into a movie.
2. Do your animation in the 64bit version of Anime Studio. When you need to export, switch to the 32bit version of Anime Studio and export a QuickTime movie.

I would encourage you to tell Apple that people do want a 64bit version of QuickTime for Windows, that you want to use QuickTime for professional work, and that QuickTime should not just be for iTunes movie rentals.

-Mike
Lost Marble
Site Admin

Post by Lost Marble »

Diana Kennedy wrote:My first complaint: ASP9 says it has improved the tracing feature. Well, not good enough. Black outlines are still not recognized as single strokes, but turned into shapes. Until this is the case, the tracing feature is not useable, at least for me.
In Anime Studio 9 there have been no changes to the image tracing function. If you read that somewhere, then we made a mistake and need to correct it as soon as possible. Can you tell me where you saw that so we can fix it?
drumlug13

Post by drumlug13 »

spoon wrote:
Are you sure you installed the 64 bit client and not the 32 bit version? As far as I'm aware from my research, there are no 64 bit windows applications that can interface with the 32 bit quicktime software without some kind of proprietary bridge/emulator created by the software maker. If you have indeed found a way around this I would love to hear how.
I'm not having problems exporting MOV on Windows Vista (64 Bit) so this thread wasn't making any sense to me either. So I hit my About AS9 button... My splash page says that I've got "Version 9.0, Build 6153 (32-Bit)"

I don't remember being given a choice between the installing 32 or 64. Did I miss something?
Adam