ASP 9 announced

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

JaMike

Re: ASP 9 announced

Post by JaMike »

acid breakdown wrote:The Webinar is the 12th of September showing what's new in ASPro9 so I presume the release is after that?
I bet it's the 15th September - the day I go on holiday so I won't be able to play with it for two weeks. :evil:
ThatsNotAllFolks

Post by ThatsNotAllFolks »

acid breakdown wrote:The Webinar is the 12th of September showing what's new in ASPro9 so I presume the release is after that?
This is promising news. I can't help but be a little excited about this new version because it will represent and become my first experience with animation. Even though this is my "debut" with the art of animation, I will be aiming for the Pro version :D
JaMike

Post by JaMike »

ThatsNotAllFolks wrote:I can't help but be a little excited about this new version because it will represent and become my first experience with animation.
That's great! You might want to download and start with the current version first, though, as there is a ton of tutorials for version 8, and there won't be quite so many for version 9 for a while. The basic principles will be the same in both, but it means you can start now instead of waiting! :)
heiseman

Post by heiseman »

ASP9 Webinar, 12th of September.. Marked in the calendar!
Check out my animations:
Motionlab Animations
Motionlab on Vimeo
neon22

Post by neon22 »

I am so happy to see the ability to slide keys past each other. OMG that is going to make such a difference.
Looks like some really useful useability changes made it into the release. Yay !!!

My only negative comment would be the policy SMith Micro has of keeping on charging us existing customers. OK I've had the use of it for all these years and I'm glad its getting easier to use but I would feel better if they would just stop charging me...

Oh yeah - and which of the extra tools we have been using - are no longer needed as their functionality isnow replaced in AS9 ??
acid breakdown

Post by acid breakdown »

Last edited by acid breakdown on Tue May 09, 2017 2:22 pm, edited 3 times in total.
InfoCentral

Post by InfoCentral »

neon22 wrote:OK I've had the use of it for all these years and I'm glad its getting easier to use but I would feel better if they would just stop charging me...
Are you talking about Zbrush or ASP? lol
MEETUP.COM - start or join a group
ThatsNotAllFolks

Post by ThatsNotAllFolks »

Everything sounds great!!! I am very excited and looking forward to diving into the world of animation using Anime Studio Pro 9 as my scuba gear. I have heard and read nothing but good things about Anime Studio animation software and I am sure it will undoubtedly feed and further enable my creativity. Congratulations on the new Anime Studio version 9 to all that use and enjoy it like I know I will.
neeters_guy

Post by neeters_guy »

acid breakdown wrote:Especially went it's quite clear that the developers have really put a lot of effort into pleasing loyal AS users in this release....just pay for it and stop being so tight! :wink:
I agree. I've paid full upgrades for every version since 5.6. I figure that's a modest investment to ensure future development of AS.
ThatsNotAllFolks wrote: I have heard and read nothing but good things about Anime Studio animation software and I am sure it will undoubtedly feed and further enable my creativity.
Nothing wrong with enthusiasm, but be realistic. No software is perfect and if you spend time reading this forum you'll find out quick there are issues to be aware of. As JaMike alluded to, AS has a steepish learning curve so take your time and do the included tutorials. Remember AS is a tool. The craft of animation involves study beyond the software. Having some drawing skill helps too.

But, yeah, I can't wait either! :D
funksmaname

Post by funksmaname »

I think the previous yearly upgrade cycle without much to write home about may have been a little hard to swollow at times (seeming more like a subscription service really) but hands down this is the most important upgrade since ever... the new development path is so exciting it's important to support the developers to stay afloat so we can see everything come to full maturity. With more free point updates and a longer major version cycle I think we're really on the right path.
Not An Artist

Post by Not An Artist »

Sounds like a great new version. Can't wait till Monday!

The smart bones will be awesome.

There are lots of videos about version 9 on YouTube, BTW.
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... ature=plcp

In one of the videos, on a Windows machine, they show Papagayo running. Is Papagayo coming back (I'm on a Mac with 10.8 and it doesn't work)? I use AS to make model conversations for teaching English. While it is good now and works OK, I want to really improve lip sync without spending hours per video.

Anybody have any idea how much the 64-bit will improve performance, specifically output?
If only I could draw...
onurdemirsoy

Post by onurdemirsoy »

heiseman wrote:Editable Velocity Curves!!! Finally.

Let's just cross our fingers for drawing tools with bezier curve editing (will import illustrator files better with fewer points) and true motion blur.

I've never been this excited before about an ASP update! Love the announced new features!

I wish they will add these features too in future.
Last edited by onurdemirsoy on Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
onurdemirsoy

Post by onurdemirsoy »

I bought Anime Studio Pro 8 in July. Now I have to buy the new version. Well I know I can upgrade but it still makes me sad. My brand new Anime Studio Pro 8 look useless to me.

:roll: :roll:

Btw they added really awesome features. Especially 64 bit support, smart bones, better timeline etc. I wish they will add these features in future and the software will be perfect.

1- Real Motion Blur( I really need this and only because of this I was about to buy another 2D software)

2- Bezier Curve Editing (For example when we draw a circle and add a point to it, it looks like really terrible now. Adding or deleting a point distorts the whole shape. Bezier curves will solve these types of issues.)

3- Undo Delete Layer (I really need this too much. Why cant we go back after deleting a layer? Really unbelievable.)

4- Transform Sphere ( I would like to move object in X,Y,Z, rotate or scale it with only a mouse. 3D softwares solved this issue long time ago. Using a tool like this would be awesome and easy: http://download.autodesk.com/us/maya/20 ... hMove1.png )

5- Better 3D (With changing lights, real shadows etc)

6- Dark UI (Like Photoshop CS6, Maya, Zbrush or Poser. I dont really need this but it will be awesome if they ll redesign the UI. I have plans to create a new UI and post it on this forum soon)

p.s.: Sorry because of my bad English.
AmigaMan

Post by AmigaMan »

You can change the uI colours to whatever you want in Edit/Preferences.
onurdemirsoy

Post by onurdemirsoy »

AmigaMan wrote:You can change the uI colours to whatever you want in Edit/Preferences.
Yes. I know but I was talking about some gradients, nice pixel perfext shadows etc on UI. Anime Studio never looks like these designs: http://dribbble.com/search?q=dark+ui