Anime Studio 8.2.1 Debut & Pro Mountain Lion Support

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Fahim

Anime Studio 8.2.1 Debut & Pro Mountain Lion Support

Post by Fahim »

Hi All,

Those of you who will be upgrading to Mac OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion will need to update your version of Anime Studio 8.x to 8.2.1 (Debut and Pro).

You can download the updates here: http://anime.smithmicro.com/updates.html

This Mac only update fixes bugs that prevented Anime Studio 8.x from running on Mac OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion.

Regards,

Fahim
Joppa

Re: Anime Studio 8.2.1 Debut & Pro Mountain Lion Support

Post by Joppa »

i have anime studio pro 5 and i won't work in mountain lion. what to do? i cant find any update for my version.
Lebostein

Post by Lebostein »

Can you give use a Mountain fix for verison 7.1?

If not, can you submit all disappointed clients a special "switch to the current version, that works with Mountain lion" offer?

Thanks.
chucky

Post by chucky »

Welcome to the world of computers. Version 7 is so old now I don't think it is Smith Micro's responsibility to maintain it's OS compatibility.
These types of things happen from time to time, in the PC world there is a very simple fix- right click....compatibility mode, all fixed, easy.
If Mac doesn't have such a feature then it up to you to either update AS, roll back your OS or buy a PC. :wink:
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

This issue just makes me laugh. At least it's not as bad as the Anime Studio v5 user who couldn't get that to work on Mt. Lion. :) If you keep your OS on the bleeding edge don't you have to keep your software up to date as well?
------
p.s Apple did have a "Compatibility Mode" feature for OSX (it was called "Classic Mode") until they just couldn't support it any more. I still have Classic running in an old OSX version on one of my computers as well as an 25 mhz computer with Mac OS 7 so I can keep running Hypercard. I soooo miss Hypercard <sniff>. I am sure there will be a point in time when Windows won't have a compatibility option either. ;)

-vern
chucky

Post by chucky »

Windows won't have a compatibility option either. ;)
Eeek , I hope not! I foolishly bought Mirage instead of TVP, so I can't update that software and need compatibility to run it.
I just can't bring myself to fork out the whole lot again, I just ain't gonna' do it.

Moving on from version 7 is a good idea anyway , and not too pricey at all, those with the OS troubles should perhaps have a read around on the forum about latest versions of AS, you might be happy to update. :D
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

You know that TVP is in v10 now? And it's worth the money. Mirage was, what, v6? 7? And 10 still opens my old .mir files.
chucky

Post by chucky »

Maybe I'll wait for V 20 :wink: