english/german installation

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

slowtiger

english/german installation

Post by slowtiger »

Finally I was able to upgrade to v8.2 today. The download site explicitely had a german version to offer, so I chose the other one, because I want AS in english.

To my surprise after installation the software is in german. I found no way to change this. How do I change the interface to english?
jonbo

Re: english/german installation

Post by jonbo »

I believe it's in the edit>preferences sub-menu. You can choose english, french,or german. You'll need to restart the program for the change to enable.
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

You can change it to english on the preferences.
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

Not in my version, that's where I searched.

This is what I get.
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

Oh, that's weird. I suppose you will have to download it again, but another version. Contact SM to see what exact version you need.
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel
rocky53204

Post by rocky53204 »

Bizarre indeed! Mine looks like this (Pro 8.2) Have you downloaded the 8.2 upgrade?

slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

It is indeed 8.2.
rocky53204

Post by rocky53204 »

I have no explanation. I have dealt with Smith Micro on another issue and they were quite helpful.
Try customer support. There is a chat option, but, I did it entirely through e-mail. Best wishes to you.

https://support.smithmicro.com/
Rai López

Post by Rai López »

Are you on Windows 7?

Just for the sake of curiosity, I think I'd try to open the "Anime Studio Pro8.2.user.settings" typically located in "C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\Smith Micro\Anime Studio Pro\8.2" with Notepad or any other text editor and, after a previous backup of the file of course, I'd change the first line (it is in the first line in my case but not sure about yours) from...

...this:
  • "Locale" "DE" (as I assume you'll find it)
To this:
  • "Locale" "EN"

Then, I'd launch the program (which should be closed during the entire process!) to see if it takes any effect. But yeah, the UI option should be just there :shock:, so the technical support request seems to be like the right decision anyway.
sbtamu

Post by sbtamu »

My AS 6.2 and 7.2 both have the language option in the preferences.
Sorry for bad animation

http://www.youtube.com/user/sbtamu
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

Ramon: tried this, changed to EN, but to no effect. (it's in /users/username/library/preferences/smith micro on a Mac.)
jonbo

Post by jonbo »

Hey Slowtiger, does your version even have the english string you would need to switch it to english. Look in the resources folder to see if its there. If not, here's the english string, put it in the resources folder and then try Ramon's trick.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/53649091/Strings.EN.txt
Rai López

Post by Rai López »

Hmmm... Well you can try the jombo's suggestion in order to clear up any doubt, although I always have thought that the (main) English language is also natively included in someway into the application itself (in example, I still can switch between Deutsch or English even if I remove the "Strings.EN.txt" file from the directory (but not the contrary)) so it couldn't make any difference (but I can be wrong and I'd test it just in case) and I suspect this could be a deeper problem beyond string files possibilities? So well, besides that, I think I have no more ideas apart from the still mentioned re-installation and/or support assistance, sorry.
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

The EN string is present in the installation, as well as english splash screen and everything.
ratscloset

Post by ratscloset »

Language is dictated by the Operating System Language, when that language is supported. You have German Operating System Language on your system, so you will have the German Version of Anime Studio running.