Actions/ head turn question

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Matsuemon

Actions/ head turn question

Post by Matsuemon »

Hey guys,
I've got a question about actions. When doing a head-turn with actions, here's how I usually do it: I create one view for the head, say front view. Then I create a front view action and set all the keyframes. Then I create a 2/3 view and basically move all the points, essentially re-drawing the head in that view, in the actions menu. So I end up with a front, 2/3 view/ side view in the actions menu, but only a front view of an actual created head in the main character/layers window. I can't figure out how to get a stock, pre-made character to do head-turns when using actions. I figured I could just copy all the points from the front view into the "Front view" actions menu, then do the same for 2/3 view and side view, but it doesn't seem to be working. Any help is appreciated.

--Jason
DarthFurby

Re: Actions/ head turn question

Post by DarthFurby »

Pre-made stock characters are rarely designed for interpolated movements, you'll have to re-build the character from the ground up unfortunately.
Matsuemon

Re: Actions/ head turn question

Post by Matsuemon »

Oooh ok. Wow, I was afraid of that. Actually it's not that big a deal, it was just confusing me as to why I was having so much trouble figuring stuff out. Ok, thanks for letting me know, Darth. Glad I didn't waste too much time on that =)