Rigging Problem

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

RichardU

Rigging Problem

Post by RichardU »

I have rigged my character with a combination of point binding and layer binding. On frame zero, everything works. I can manipulate bones, and all of the right parts move. When I switch to frame 1, only some of the bones are properly bound. So how do I figure this out?

Richard
neeters_guy

Post by neeters_guy »

Check under the sequencer tab and see if the track has shifted from the zero frame.
RichardU

Post by RichardU »

When I choose the sequencer tab and shift from track zero to track 1, nothing moves. Is that conclusive?

Thanks.
neeters_guy

Post by neeters_guy »

Hard to tell. Just to clarify, green arrow should be on frame 1 as the default position. Moving the track from the default causes some unintended rigging effects, so that's why I suggested it.

What does it look like when some of the bones become unproperly bound on frame one?
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

Can you post the anme file to take a look?
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel
RichardU

Post by RichardU »

Right. The green arrow is on frame one.

What happens is, some of the bones become hard to move. Other bones can be moved, but when they do, the layers/points do not move with them. For example, if I move the upper arm bone, the hand moves, but not the arm. They all work perfectly in frame 0.

Thanks for helping.
RichardU

Post by RichardU »

selgin wrote:Can you post the anme file to take a look?
Gladly. This one has me stumped.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lbkqm5m99ay2y ... %20v3.anme
neeters_guy

Post by neeters_guy »

I don't have the MorphDials script installed and rig works fine (nice rig, too), so I'm guessing that's the problem. I'm not familiar with this script, so I'm afraid I can't help.

Calling funksmaname!
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

neeters_guy wrote:I don't have the MorphDials script installed and rig works fine (nice rig, too), so I'm guessing that's the problem. I'm not familiar with this script, so I'm afraid I can't help.
Same here, sorry.
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel
jonbo

Post by jonbo »

I do, you need to remove the embed script on the main bone layer and child layers. Morph dials don't play well with bones. They will work fine for the eyes like you got them, but they will give you trouble for boned rigs.
RichardU

Post by RichardU »

Awesome! You guys are amazing. Thank you all.

Regarding the solution. The embedded script on various layers was an artifact from experiments I was doing with Morph Dials. I came to the conclusion I would only use them as I have them, but didn't realize the script would muck up the works. Another example of why I generally have a less is more attitude. I don't want to miss a tool that could really simplify my life, but I don't want to add things that could create mysterious results.

Thanks again.

Richard
neeters_guy

Post by neeters_guy »

jonbo wrote:I do, you need to remove the embed script on the main bone layer and child layers. Morph dials don't play well with bones. They will work fine for the eyes like you got them, but they will give you trouble for boned rigs.
Good one, jonbo. Thumbs up! :wink: