i'm getting a little better

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Fahim, Distinct Sun, Víctor Paredes, erey, Belgarath, slowtiger

stonum

i'm getting a little better

Post by stonum » Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:36 pm

i couldnt find a deer in content paradise, so i made this one with anime studio 8 debut.....i think it turned out pretty good :shock: Image
Last edited by stonum on Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Víctor Paredes

Post by Víctor Paredes » Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:45 pm

Good work :D
Víctor Paredes
Former Moho Product Manager
Rigged animation supervisor in 'My father's dragon' - Lead Moho artist in 'Wolfwalkers'
Cartoon Saloon
My Youtube Channel - My webinars
stonum

Post by stonum » Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:26 am

thanks selgin...i just now noticed that i got the front left leg layer under the neck layer,,ha ha...easy enough to fix...the fun part now is going to be figuring out how to do a walk and run cycle for him.....i'll have to look at some videos of live deer ....they walk pretty weird :shock:
sbtamu

Post by sbtamu » Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:15 am

stonum wrote:thanks selgin...i just now noticed that i got the front left leg layer under the neck layer,,ha ha...easy enough to fix...the fun part now is going to be figuring out how to do a walk and run cycle for him.....i'll have to look at some videos of live deer ....they walk pretty weird :shock:
When you start the walk cycle for a 4 legged animal. it is almost like a human does(of course I mean 2 sets of walk cycles) it but the way the foot plants on the ground is different. A human would plant the heal 1st where Ungulates plant flat footed.
Sorry for bad animation

http://www.youtube.com/user/sbtamu
Dust

Post by Dust » Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:59 pm

Nice job
Did you use textures with the fur?
It's much more fun to create your own characters then buying them, although I too did buy some characters from CP and it was a real help.
This is is the best way to learn the trade.
stonum

Post by stonum » Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:18 pm

me being a beginner,i chose the easiest way i could think of to make the deer, i didn't use vector layers cause i haven't learned them yet....all i did was take a photo with my camera of a little ceramic deer that i have at home here.....then i divided the deer photo into sections(legs, head, main body....)in my old microsoft 'picture it' program.....so i guess each layer is not a 'vector' layer, but is an 'image' layer,all inside a 'bone' layer.....so i automatically had the fur texture, cause the little ceramic deer has that texture :shock:
kavlor

Post by kavlor » Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:14 am

To get better you want to look at real life and even copy it.If you do this enough times you reach a point where you no longer need to look and can do it straight from your head,this applies to animation and drawing.
chucky

Post by chucky » Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:35 pm

A human would plant the heal 1st where Ungulates plant flat footed
I have to pull you up on that one sbtamu, ungulates walk on their toes as their heels do not touch the ground when walking or running.
Sequential offender.
my latest animations
Fulkster

Post by Fulkster » Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:18 pm

I like the tail-waggle! (Need a winking eye, now!) :)
stonum

Post by stonum » Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:40 pm

yeah Fulkster, i thought about the eyes, and i got to do something with the ears too....you know those deer are always twitching their ears...looks like i'll be busy for a while :shock: