animating fluid coming out of something

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

sargumphigaus

animating fluid coming out of something

Post by sargumphigaus »

So I want to make a character bleed or spit or dump water onto something that results in a puddle. If I were to pull this off, would I have to create a switchlayer and frame by frame it? Or is there an easier way? Please let me know.
funksmaname

Post by funksmaname »

quick action like this will require some sort of frame by frame, and the only way to do frame by frame in AS is to use switch layers or use SynthSin's fbf script which would probably be slightly quicker/easier.

make sure you have 'enable drawing on frames other than 0' on, and read this thread:
viewtopic.php?t=13853&postdays=0&postor ... e&start=15

There may be a newer version available on www.animatorsforum.com as that is the main home of Synthsin and his scripts, but you have to get involved in the community there before you get access to the script section (definately worth the effort! there are some gems in there)
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

In many cases it's not that important to have a detailed shape at the front of the fluid. So it could be done with just one loop of continuous pouring, put into a group layer with a mask which reveals it over the course of some 4 frames or so.
sargumphigaus

Post by sargumphigaus »

I couldn't find the frame by frame script for anime studio pro 8 anywhere unfortunately.
So what I found myself doing was creating a seperate switchlayer for the movement and placed it in the desired position and kept it invisible until the object that emitted the movement showed up, then it became visible and from there it frame by framed out from there. I was surprised by how well it came out.

My next goal is to try and make a big scary face vomit skulls everywhere. I'm going to try that same method for this.
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

Animating some fluids is very easy on AS. I just made a short tutorial, 1:40, 3.4 mb:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/54411/videos/Tu ... torial.mov
And the anme file

I hope you find it useful.
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel
jonbo

Post by jonbo »

That's a neat use of cycles Selgin. Thanks for sharing.
sargumphigaus

Post by sargumphigaus »

When I get home from work I'll check that out. Dude, I just checked out your 2010 reel link on your signiture there and was thoroughly blown away. I want to track you down and eat your brain with the hopes that it'll give me your powers hahaha.
neeters_guy

Post by neeters_guy »

Wow, selgin, that is great.

Also, this old post might be still useful: Water Tutorial
macnavi

Post by macnavi »

Selgin, that's a great tutorial. Very useful, for all kinds of fluid! Thanks!
sargumphigaus

Post by sargumphigaus »

I finally watched it. That's really helpful. Thanks.
InfoCentral

Post by InfoCentral »

Yeah, using the particle generator; that was pretty good!
MEETUP.COM - start or join a group
xothermik

Post by xothermik »

great techniques! another quick method to make flowing liquid, perhaps the quickest. is to create a shape and use the vector settings. adjust the noise settings till you get the flow animation that suits your animation. might not work for everything but i used that technique in this scene and it seems to work perfectly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCfaGLTg ... re=related