Animation app solution for a non programmer?

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

love for animation

Animation app solution for a non programmer?

Post by love for animation »

Hello for the wonderful people of this forum.

I would appreciate your thoughts for the following-

Recently, I created an interactive animation, meant to be shown on youtube (not yet online), while using the youtube's annotations tool.

It is the first time I am working with interactive animation, and found it fun and challenging.

I am willing to create similar interactive animation "toys" (simple ones,for example- an animation of a spider that when clicking on any of his legs, he bends that leg and makes a different face gesture etc'), meant to be sold for mobile smart-phones (android at the beginning)

I truly liked the fact that there are easy tools (such as youtube's annotations) to create interactivity within the animation, and look for similar software that will enable me to add similar, simple interactive stuff without any programming/coding (as I only illustrate and animate) and to also be able to export it as an android app (As I am willing to try and sell those animated virtual "toys")

I am willing to avoid working with additional programmer, as I try to stay as "depended free" as I can, not to mention that I will need to pay every time I work on something (even for fun or practice)

I tried some game development programs, but there where too complicated for me, as I am looking for more simple stuff.

I also found some interactive slideshows programs, but they are too simple ( adding buttons options only etc') and are not really meant to create interactive animation videos. They also only export to powerpoint or as EXE.

I am working on windows on a regular PC (not Mac)

I am used to work with anime studio pro 8, and mostly use a cutout animation style and less vector based(I import png/jpeg images that I create and illustrate in other programs), and have not tried/know flash or action-script, as well as I am looking for something that does not need any programming knowledge and is able to export the interactive animation as an android app.

My questions-

1. Is there any simple software, that provides some simple interactivity tools to be used on animations?

2. Is the same program (or additional program, if needed) can export it as an android app (and hopefully for Iphone/Ipad as well) ?

Thank you for any advice.

Kind regards,

I.
Rudiger

Re: Animation app solution for a non programmer?

Post by Rudiger »

love for animation wrote:Hello for the wonderful people of this forum.

I would appreciate your thoughts for the following-

Recently, I created an interactive animation, meant to be shown on youtube (not yet online), while using the youtube's annotations tool.

It is the first time I am working with interactive animation, and found it fun and challenging.

I am willing to create similar interactive animation "toys" (simple ones,for example- an animation of a spider that when clicking on any of his legs, he bends that leg and makes a different face gesture etc'), meant to be sold for mobile smart-phones (android at the beginning)

I truly liked the fact that there are easy tools (such as youtube's annotations) to create interactivity within the animation, and look for similar software that will enable me to add similar, simple interactive stuff without any programming/coding (as I only illustrate and animate) and to also be able to export it as an android app (As I am willing to try and sell those animated virtual "toys")

I am willing to avoid working with additional programmer, as I try to stay as "depended free" as I can, not to mention that I will need to pay every time I work on something (even for fun or practice)

I tried some game development programs, but there where too complicated for me, as I am looking for more simple stuff.

I also found some interactive slideshows programs, but they are too simple ( adding buttons options only etc') and are not really meant to create interactive animation videos. They also only export to powerpoint or as EXE.

I am working on windows on a regular PC (not Mac)

I am used to work with anime studio pro 8, and mostly use a cutout animation style and less vector based(I import png/jpeg images that I create and illustrate in other programs), and have not tried/know flash or action-script, as well as I am looking for something that does not need any programming knowledge and is able to export the interactive animation as an android app.

My questions-

1. Is there any simple software, that provides some simple interactivity tools to be used on animations?

2. Is the same program (or additional program, if needed) can export it as an android app (and hopefully for Iphone/Ipad as well) ?

Thank you for any advice.

Kind regards,

I.
Sounds like what you want is Adobe Flash. Using Flash with Flash Builder and you can build apps that will run on both Android and iOS devices.

http://www.adobe.com/devnet/flash/artic ... ilder.html
love for animation

Hello Rudiger-Thank you for the quick reply.

Are there any alternatives?

Thank you.

I.
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

Are there any alternatives?
To Flash? Right now?
No.

There is, however, an Adobe product which claims to convert Flash files to HTML5/CSS/Webkit. Beware: this only converts the code, not the graphics, and is not meant for character animation.

Right now if you want to have moving interactive characters on both iOS and Android, all you can do is to program different apps for the two platforms.
love for animation

Well well...

Thank you for the kind and helpful reply.
:D

Kind regards,

I.
shoepie

Post by shoepie »

I'm keeping an eye on this product. It's not yet released and it may even end up being out of my price range, but it could be good.

http://www.yoyogames.com/gamemaker/studio
ShoePie.co.uk - My animations.
love for animation

:D
Thank you shoepie for the update.

It seems like a wonderful solution (at last :D )

Truly appreciate the info.

Thank you.

Kind regards,

I.
hayasidist

Post by hayasidist »

Gamemaker Windows (v8 ) or Mac (v7) are available now USD 40; Gamemaker HTML5 is Windows only and will be USD 100. Note that there are features in V8 that aren't in HTML5 and vice versa! I don't know YoYo games - and they're not at the e-publishing expo in London this week so caveat emptor
jhaustin1969

The App Game Kit

Post by jhaustin1969 »

EDIT: SORRY!! I missed the NON-PROGRAMMER part. The below does require the ability to program, but it is in a BASIC language, so not too hard to pick up.

You may want to consider The App Game Kit from The Game Creators. This is relatively inexpensive and can port to MANY different platforms while only having to write the BASIC code once. :D

http://www.appgamekit.com/

I have this myself, although I've yet to produce anything yet.

They have an extremely active forum community for all of their products and I believe they even have a trial version to see if it is for you or not.

http://www.thegamecreators.com/

Worth a shot!

Thank you,
Joe
love for animation

Thank you for the info.

Further info, ideas and alternatives are mostly welcome. :D

Thank you for the effort and wonderful advice.

Kind regards,

I.