Anime Studio 8.2 Update available

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Fahim

Anime Studio 8.2 Update available

Post by Fahim »

Double Post from Announcements Section

Hi Everyone,

We have a new update available for download, please go to the following site to download it:

http://anime.smithmicro.com/updates.html

Please scroll to the bottom to access the Pro update.

Here's some info on the update for AS Pro:
Anime Studio Pro 8.0, 8.0.1 & 8.1 to 8.2 Update for Macintosh & Windows — Anime Studio Pro 8.2 includes major bug fixes and many improvements. Improvements include German language support, updated Poser SDK, and updated API for Wacom Multi-Touch tablets. Note: This update overwrites your existing Anime Studio 8.0, 8.0.1, 8.1 installation. You may be asked to enter your serial number again after installing version 8.2. Please refer to the Read Me text file for more information.

Here's some info on the update for AS Debut:
Anime Studio Debut 8.0, 8.0.1 & 8.1 to 8.2 Update for Macintosh & Windows —Anime Studio Debut 8.2 includes major bug fixes and many improvements. Improvements include German language support and updated API for Wacom Multi-Touch tablets. Note: This update overwrites your existing Anime Studio 8.0, 8.0.1, 8.1 installation. You may be asked to enter your serial number again after installing version 8.2. Please refer to the Read Me text file for more information.
ulrik

Post by ulrik »

Hi Fahim, I am not able to download the update, it requests the serial number for v.8 and I have filled it in, I've tried both typing and copy and paste a couple of times but it says:

We’re sorry, we were unable to verify your serial number. Please try again, or refer to our Serial Number FAQ in the Support Area. results:0 Serial Number was not valid for this check type.

Is this update a paid one?

regards / Ulrik
Theo22

Post by Theo22 »

I also have the problem that the update download doesn't work. Did anybody already manage to download the 8.2 version?
Barry Baker

Post by Barry Baker »

No, it doesn't work for me either. I get to put in my serial no., but then the shopping cart displays an error message that it is empty.
Last edited by Barry Baker on Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
GiuseppeA

Post by GiuseppeA »

Barry Baker wrote:No, it doesn't work for me either. I get to put in my serial no., but then the shopping cart displays an eror message that it is empty.
idem
ASP

Post by ASP »

GiuseppeA wrote:
Barry Baker wrote:No, it doesn't work for me either. I get to put in my serial no., but then the shopping cart displays an eror message that it is empty.
idem
idem :?
hayasidist

Post by hayasidist »

same here - nothing getting put in the cart ... another post said that there were problems with non-US customers .... viewtopic.php?t=21224&start=12

@ulrik: BTW serial numbers - all letters need to be uppercase -- and also check that you're trying to access the right edition (Pro or Debut). all too easy to get it wrong... had me confused for a while when getting 8.1 - right serial number - wrong entry box!! :oops:
jonbo

Post by jonbo »

Downloaded fine for me( USA ). Remember folks, all upper case , no i's or o's, 1's and zero's instead.
JCook

Post by JCook »

I also cannot download. I get the same message - can't verify my serial number. All caps, no o's or i's, just 1's and 0's. In USA also.

Jack
jonbo

Post by jonbo »

As hayasidist said, make sure its the pro update, debut is listed first on the page, pro in the middle of the page. Also don't forget the dashes in the serial #.
Theo22

Post by Theo22 »

hayasidist wrote: @ulrik: BTW serial numbers - all letters need to be uppercase -- and also check that you're trying to access the right edition (Pro or Debut). all too easy to get it wrong... had me confused for a while when getting 8.1 - right serial number - wrong entry box!! :oops:
I copied the serial numbers from the original e-mail, so that should be OK. And I have the problem with both the debut and the Pro version, so I am very convinced that the problem lays in the website...
jezjones29

Post by jezjones29 »

I posted this in another thread, but I was also having a problem with updates. I used the live support and they said this:

"We are currently working out an issue with foreign customers and updates. We do hope to have that resolved soon."

..I'm based in the UK
hayasidist

Post by hayasidist »

just been on the SM site again .. still wasn't able to order 8.2, but I used live chat and the (very helpful) guys there manually added the update to my account... downloading it now (only 400+Mb... just another hour to go!)
macnavi

Post by macnavi »

Same here. I also used Live chat to get an order confirmation and download it. Not that I needed it urgently. Though it crashed several times on me, in the last two weeks, which didn't happy in the past versions.
ulrik

Post by ulrik »

hayasidist wrote:just been on the SM site again .. still wasn't able to order 8.2, but I used live chat and the (very helpful) guys there manually added the update to my account... downloading it now (only 400+Mb... just another hour to go!)
I did the same, used "live chat", they were very helpful!