Anime Studio 8.2 Update available

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

dazza101

Post by dazza101 »

I haven't been able to download the update either (I am in Canada). The problem seems to be that nothing is added to the cart when you click on the download update link - I can read this behind the dialogue when it is asking for the serial number. I am trying to use the live chat, but I haven't been able to make a connection yet. it just sits there saying "Please wait while we establish a connection to the Chat Server."

[Update] I have it now - via the Live Chat support. Hopefully the internet connection will stay up longer enough to download the 435 MB file... :)
Last edited by dazza101 on Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Theo22

Post by Theo22 »

ulrik wrote:
hayasidist wrote:just been on the SM site again .. still wasn't able to order 8.2, but I used live chat and the (very helpful) guys there manually added the update to my account... downloading it now (only 400+Mb... just another hour to go!)
I did the same, used "live chat", they were very helpful!
Yes, I also did the same. Works perfect! I just had to wait for about half a minute only....
GiuseppeA

Post by GiuseppeA »

Chat live...send this message "We're sorry, chat is currently unavailable. Please START A NEW INCIDENT to contact us."

my cart send "Your Order There are no items currently in your order."
InfoCentral

Post by InfoCentral »

I guess I'll wait til the end of the month to download...
Fahim

Post by Fahim »

Apologies for the issues. We will try to solve this issue asap.

Regards,

Fahim
Fahim

Post by Fahim »

So here's some news on the issue. It appears that FastSpring, our digital delivery partner, is having problems with their webstore and it is mostly affecting users outside of the USA. I am hoping they can resolve this quickly otherwise I will provide direct download links to the 8.2 builds.

In the meantime, customers from outside the US with this problem can contact our support team directly to get help. Our support link is here: http://www.smithmicro.com/support/contact.aspx

Once again apologies for any inconvenience this has caused.

Regards,

Fahim
videodv

Post by videodv »

Still cannot download any news about whats happening

Regards
Fahim

Post by Fahim »

Apologies. We are still experiencing issues with FastSpring. It has affected the delivery of Anime Studio to countries outside of the USA.

Both Smith Micro and Fast Spring are working on resolving this issue.

Apologies for the inconvenience this has caused.

Regards,

Fahim
Fahim

Post by Fahim »

Hi Everyone,

So it appears things are a little better with this issue. If you are still experiencing problems, please feel free to contact Smith Micro support http://www.smithmicro.com/support/contact.aspx

They will make sure to help you out.

Once again apologies for all that were effected.

Regards,

Fahim
bobele

Post by bobele »

I still cannot download 8.2 Update for Anime Studio Pro. After entering my serial number it just falls back to http://store.smithmicro.com/, nothing added to the cart. I try from Germany, if that matters...

So now you want me to contact customer support. Eh... yeah. So now I do have an account for the Smith Micro Store, another one for this forum, and OF COURSE I cannot use any of them for support. I have to register for A THIRD ACCOUNT to get support.

This is soooo tiresome. Can you please just fix the download problem? Or please offer a link to an ftp-server or so. You do still need the serial number to install the update anyway, don´t you? So why the hassle with authentification for a simple download?

This is a problem for days now... come on, please.
AmigaMan

Post by AmigaMan »

Bobele - It is a little frustrating but contacting support is simple. They replied to me within minutes and the serial number wasn't required for download. It was painless and easy so I don't see it as a major problem.
GiuseppeA

Post by GiuseppeA »

the same problem from Italia...i have Anime studio pro...and Manga studio EX...two software.
But the same problem of bobele
AmigaMan

Post by AmigaMan »

...yeah, and I had the same problem too. Fahim has offered a simple solution so there is no problem??

Honestly, just contact support and they will email you a link with instructions to download. Easy! :D
GiuseppeA

Post by GiuseppeA »

We're sorry, chat is currently unavailable. Please START A NEW INCIDENT to contact us.
bobele

Post by bobele »

Support really is helpful. They put the update in my purchase history and downloading from there worked.