Switch Layers

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Dust

Switch Layers

Post by Dust »

Just a short question about switch layers.
I made a character and put all the different eye settings in a switch layer.
Then I duplicated this head about 6 times, and made different headsettings by dragging the points around. Each new setting I placed in a group layer. So now I have 6 different heads, each head has a switch layer with the different eyes. I figured now I put all six heads in a new switch layer, but if I do that, the switch layer for the eyes will not work,. as soon as I click on it it becomes invisible. I probably misunderstand the proper hiarchy or something, or more likely overlook some basic principle. What am I doing wrong? Thanks. :cry:
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

Your way of setting up the layers sounds correct, and it should work.

How did you bind the eye switch layer? You didn't mention any bone layers.
jonbo

Post by jonbo »

Hey Dust, make sure the eye switch layer you want to switch is in the group layer that is the active layer in your head switch layer.
Dust

Post by Dust »

Thanks Slowtiger and Jonbo
I will take a good look at it. I cannot work on it today, but hopefully will sort it out soon. Thanks for answering.
MustJee

Re: Switch Layers

Post by MustJee »

Dust wrote:Just a short question about switch layers.
I made a character and put all the different eye settings in a switch layer.
Then I duplicated this head about 6 times, and made different headsettings by dragging the points around. Each new setting I placed in a group layer. So now I have 6 different heads, each head has a switch layer with the different eyes. I figured now I put all six heads in a new switch layer, but if I do that, the switch layer for the eyes will not work,. as soon as I click on it it becomes invisible. I probably misunderstand the proper hiarchy or something, or more likely overlook some basic principle. What am I doing wrong? Thanks. :cry:
have you masked some layers? That's what I once did and suddenly layers became invisible.
Dust

Post by Dust »

I got the solution. Thanks for answering. I suppose it had something to do with the way I had placed the switch layer for the eyes. I had a main switchlayer for all the heads, but as a sublayer I put in the switchlayer for the eyes and that did not work. I dragged the eyeswitch layer out of the headswitchlayer so they are simply under each other, independently from each other and now it works perfectly. All is well that ends well. :D