How to slow down aniation

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Asterix

How to slow down aniation

Post by Asterix »

I have a couples of keyframe that are to close to each other. Can I slow down the animation in that part of something.

Thanks
AmigaMan

Post by AmigaMan »

Yes, just select the keyframes in the Timeline and drag them apart therefore making the action longer. That's the great thing about computer animation, you can time it out roughly to begin with and refine it later.
Have you done the tutorials that come with the software? You should as they are fun and don't take long to work through.
Asterix

Post by Asterix »

Thanks AmigaMan - it remind me of the amiga computer brand. I can move them around. Rescale keyframe is what I was looking for.
I am following all tutorials now. I did all the quick guide and on p.111 of the manual.

You are quite a accomplished drawer/animator. I am just starting. I am doing some tracing over some drawing.

Nice to meet you.
Last edited by Asterix on Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AmigaMan

Post by AmigaMan »

Thanks for the compliment and, yes, I'm a huge Amiga fan :D

Of course you can scale the keys. Select the keys and drag while pressing the Alt Key.

You can also Rescale keyframes from the Animation menu.
foundmarble

Post by foundmarble »

WOW :!: ... the alt drag option. That is a great time saver. This has probably been around for ages, however, never knew that.
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

foundmarble wrote:WOW :!: ... the alt drag option. That is a great time saver. This has probably been around for ages, however, never knew that.
It't new, from 8 or 7, if I remember well.
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel