Anime Studio Pro 8.0 to 8.1 Update

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

animando11

Anime Studio Pro 8.0 to 8.1 Update

Post by animando11 »

I see that there is a new update from 8.0.1 to 8.1 but I can't download the correct update. Any idea?
Thanks
Matt
jonbo

Post by jonbo »

Are you sure you trying to download the PRO version and not the DEBUT version? All the updates for DEBUT are listed first on the update page, scroll down past those to the PRO updates, when you click on the right link it will ask for your serial number.
GCharb

Post by GCharb »

http://anime.smithmicro.com/updates.html

Around the middle of the page you will find the pro updates!
Fulkster

Post by Fulkster »

...I did the update, but now-

I can't find my serial number where I used to find it- clicking on "Help", then "About Anime Studio Anime Pro"... it still brings up the little splash page, telling the version and build number, but no serial number!

Where am I supposed to find the serial number, now?
jonbo

Post by jonbo »

If you downloaded from Content Paradise, you can go to your account and check your order history. You should be able to find it there.
Fulkster

Post by Fulkster »

jonbo wrote:If you downloaded from Content Paradise, you can go to your account and check your order history. You should be able to find it there.
Thanks, Jonbo... found it there.
...But, isn't there isn't any way to find in in the program, now?
jonbo

Post by jonbo »

Not that I know of. Glad you found it though. :)
animando11

Post by animando11 »

Sorry but I can't find the download. From this link http://anime.smithmicro.com/updates.html
I click on "Anime Studio Pro 8.0 & 8.01 to 8.1 Update for Mac & Windows,
then I must give the Serial Number, but in the background I read "Step 1 of 3: Review Your Shopping Cart" and "The following error has occured. Please try again. There are no items in your cart."
If I write the serial number then I return to the page "store.smithmicro.com" and nothing happens.
I've tried on Safari and on Firefox. :oops:
animando11

Post by animando11 »

This is what I see:

jonbo

Post by jonbo »

You're saying that when you input your serial number in the box shown in the lower right corner of your screen shot that says validate serial number and hit continue you get an error? That error you see in the background is normal, you shouldn't have to back out to the store, just put your serial number in that box. If you can't get it to work, contact tech support.
animando11

Post by animando11 »

I just contacted the Technical Support. Let's see...
rogdodge

Unable to update to Debut 8.1

Post by rogdodge »

I am having the same problem. Check update in my program. Goes to webpage. Click on 8.01 to 8.1 update. Input my serial number into box (I have copied it and also written it in manually - neither works). Goes to purchase Anime page but when I check my Account there is nothing to download.

I am just going round in circles. :?

UPDATE: I contacted Support. I received an email informing me that there was a link in my account to download the update. Program now updated to 8.10. Not sure what the problem was but it has been swiftly sorted. Thank you. :)
jezjones29

Post by jezjones29 »

I am also having a problem with updates. I used the live support and they said this:

"We are currently working out an issue with foreign customers and updates. We do hope to have that resolved soon."

..I'm based in the UK