Graphics cards?

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

inbetweens

Graphics cards?

Post by inbetweens »

Hello everyone. I've been reading the forums for about 2 years now, and though I've never done anything more than toy with moho once in a blue moon, there was something I was wondering about the moho pros out there.

Is there a graphics card that lends itself better to moho and 2d production than others, and if so what would your recommendation be? Just curious.
tknaps

Post by tknaps »

Well, the Matrox cards used to be king on 2D graphics quality, but I don't really know how they fare these days. Supposedly the ATI cards currently have an edge on nVidia when it comes to graphics quality, but I'm not sure how valid that is either.

What I am pretty sure about though, is that your display is a far more important factor than what sort of graphics card you put in your box. If you spend money on Eizo's top of the line displays there's a vast difference down to those cheap-ass £100 17" monitors (CRT or LCD the same).
Tarjei
Lost Marble
Site Admin

Post by Lost Marble »

The graphics card is really not much of an issue if your main concern is Moho. All modern graphics cards handle the 2D stuff pretty well, and Moho doesn't use the 3D capabilities of the graphics card at all.