PC to Mac

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

jjwinks

PC to Mac

Post by jjwinks »

Hey all... Question for you.

I started by using a retail copy of Debut 7 for PC. I used that copy to upgrade to Pro 8 for PC over the internet(I feel like it even gave me the option to have a digital copy of the PC and Mac version, but I was like, "Right. When will I ever be able to get my hands on a Mac.). Am I going to have to re-purchase Pro 8 for my new Mac? I tried installing the Mac copy of debut 7 to just see if at very least I could upgrade again, but it doesn't look like the serial number works(weird).

I use Anime Studio religiously, so, if need be, I'll just buy the software again, but I'm hoping there's a way that I can avoid buying it at the full purchase price.

Any Ideas?

Best,

Jared
mykylr

Post by mykylr »

Although I never ended up doing it, I had Poser 7 and when I moved to mac I asked about how to get the mac version instead. I was asked to pay I think 50% of the app to move to mac or the upgrade cost plus a percentage.

For me, who was used to having much more expensive apps that allow me to have both pc and mac versions, I decided against it so never brought Poser to my mac and never upgraded it again.

It may be the same with Anime Studio seeing as it is the same company.

Mike
ulrik

Re: PC to Mac

Post by ulrik »

jjwinks wrote:Hey all... Question for you.

I started by using a retail copy of Debut 7 for PC. I used that copy to upgrade to Pro 8 for PC over the internet(I feel like it even gave me the option to have a digital copy of the PC and Mac version, but I was like, "Right. When will I ever be able to get my hands on a Mac.). Am I going to have to re-purchase Pro 8 for my new Mac? I tried installing the Mac copy of debut 7 to just see if at very least I could upgrade again, but it doesn't look like the serial number works(weird).

I use Anime Studio religiously, so, if need be, I'll just buy the software again, but I'm hoping there's a way that I can avoid buying it at the full purchase price.

Any Ideas?

Best,

Jared
When I upgraded to v.8 I was able to download both the mac and the windows version, I have never tried to install the window version but I guess it's the same serial number for both.
I suggest you to check your account at smith micro and see.
GCharb

Post by GCharb »

Yes, the serials work for both mac and pc, tried it here on an old macbook and it worked!
SvenFoster

Post by SvenFoster »

When I bought the physical version once it comes with both.. seems it would be double standards to charge for a diff version when digital.. given the saving in distribution costs.

Sounds like its not an issue.

PS: Welcome to Mac world.. its way better
CMD instead of Ctrl and your laughing ;)
--Sven
What *if* the Hokey cokey *is* what its all about?
GCharb

Post by GCharb »

No Softimage on the Mac, so for me its a no brainer, but macs are okay! ;)
jjwinks

Post by jjwinks »

So, I was able to reopen my downloads on the smith micro site and download the mac installation for $9. I feel like that was fair enough.

:)