Shapes disappear when I try to resize them ???

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

drekka

Shapes disappear when I try to resize them ???

Post by drekka »

HI all, I'm trying to resize a shape on a vector layer to enlarge it. But something weird is happening:

1. I select all the points in the shape.
2. I select the Scale Points tool and a red box with resize handles is drawn around my shape.
3. I click and hold a resize handle to resize the shape and WTF - the shape disappears. Apparently deleted from the layer.

I've tried several other tools and restarting AS, but I get the same result every time - the moment I try to change the shape, it's removed from the layer.

I don't know what I've done to trigger this, but it's been driving me crazy for an hour now. It's totally brought me to a halt.

What's going on??????

Still cannot figure this out, tried everything I can find. Appears that the whole layer is some how locked. I cannot move, add, rescale or do anything. Yet all the tools are active and I can select the shape.
Last edited by drekka on Mon Nov 21, 2011 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Genete

Post by Genete »

Probably you're trying to scale vertically a zero height shape (replace vertically with horizontally and heigth with wide). The program produces an infinite value, and so the shape vanishes.
-G
drekka

Post by drekka »

It appears I can scale by specifying the values in the tools options. But if I try and use the drag handles the shape disappears. Same with rotation. And I cannot add new shapes. This is bizarre.

Thanks G, that sounds like a BUG. But doesn't explain why all the tools are not working. Even after a program restart.
GCharb

Post by GCharb »

Perhaps, if You could post the file We could help You further as We could see first hand what the problem is.
Rhoel

Post by Rhoel »

Also, what OS and version are you using?
dueyftw

Post by dueyftw »

Do you have another input device along with your mouse? Tablets can sometimes cause strange behavior in the program. If so, disconnect and try AS without it.

Dale
drekka

Post by drekka »

Thanks guys,

Where do I post a file?

Machine: Macbook Pro, Core i7, 16G RAM.
Software: Mac OS X 10.7.2, Anime Studio Debut 8.0.1
No tablets or any other hardware attached.

I've since cut and pasted the shape to another new document (Luckily I only had two layers so this didn't take too long - Hey developers, what about supporting multiple open documents????)

Creating a new document has fixed the issue. I still do not know what caused it in the first place.

The anime is composed of two layers. A bones layer and a vector layer.
GCharb

Post by GCharb »

http://www.mediafire.com is pretty good and free!