1280x720 output

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

lemmy

1280x720 output

Post by lemmy »

I've just started some work using V8 Debut after using older versions some years ago. Not too much seems to have changed and I'm looking forward to finding the improvements.

One problem though, and I seem to have fallen at the first hurdle here, is that I want to output my cartoons in the now standard 1280x720 px. AS seems to keep jumping back to 788 whenever I try to set 1280 in properties.

I'm obviously missing something as I used to output to 1280 with previous versuons of Anime Studio - I have stuff on Youtube to prove it!

Can anyone help?
lemmy

See The Surrey Stick Figure Theatre Of Death
http://www.youtube.com/spogley
benecosse

Post by benecosse »

Perhaps the 'constrain aspect ratio' ' is checked. I'm not sure as I use AS8pro...maybe debut has a screen size limit now?
lemmy

Post by lemmy »

Thanks for the reply. No, constrain aspect ratio is not ticked.

I'm a bit surprised because the 16/9 ratio is pretty much a TV standard these days (in Europe, at least) and I cannot find any reference to such a restriction anywhere.

I am pretty sure that such a crippling restriction would have to be documented since for me it would mean that I had wasted my money and I'm sure it would apply to others too.
lemmy

benecosse

Post by benecosse »

in AS8Pro you set it to CUSTOM then change the pixel dimensions.
Is there a custom field? Can you iNput 1024 x 576 (16:9)?
Last edited by benecosse on Thu May 05, 2016 4:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

I vaguely remember there was a change in standard formats recently, from 720 to something like 788. Maybe AS just included the "new standard" silently.
GCharb

Post by GCharb »

I am afraid this is one of Debut 8 limitations as it does not allow to render at 1280 X 720.
lemmy

Post by lemmy »

GCharb wrote:I am afraid this is one of Debut 8 limitations as it does not allow to render at 1280 X 720.
Thanks for that information.

I'm pretty unhappy about that situation because it makes Debut effectively crippleware for many people.

I read through all the documentation I could find and never found that limitation anywhere. As suggested I'll get in touch with the company but it does seem a pretty tacky thing to have done. Just modern business method, I guess.

Thanks for the replies.
lemmy

slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

Here http://anime.smithmicro.com/animestudio8/#Features it says that you can "edit dimensions" even in Debut, but "Maximum export size (pixels) is 788 x 768". I'm afraid this doesn't count as "hidden information".

Don't you know any other AS Pro user in your area? Maybe you could just visit him/her with a portable drive and render your files there?
n.hurst

Post by n.hurst »

In an earlier Debut version, you could work around this limitation by using an existing 1280x720 project as your starting point or default file. Basically Debut prevents you from specifying larger sizes in the project settings, but it would respect any existing project dimensions, and export at those bigger sizes. Don't know if this still works in v8, or if it's been... fixed.
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

Aha! Maybe you test this with this file: http://www.slowtiger.de/examples/empty_HD.zip which contains both HD sizes at 25 fps, made in AS 5.6.
JimmyBobJangles

Re: 1280x720 output

Post by JimmyBobJangles »

slowtiger- thank you so much! I'm using Debut 9, I don't know if this worked for folks on 8, but I was having the same problems with changing my aspect ratio and the two files you put-up were the perfect fix.

Thanks again- that was terribly decent of you!
muddcliff

Post by muddcliff »

Works on 8, well the 720 one does have not tried 1080.
This is great for users who bougt the wacom tablet like myself with the included ASD and Manga Studio.
honestly to cripple ASD to a low resolution is disapointing at least 720p should be minimum.
heck even minimal $ unlock for higher res wold be worth it for ASD users.
would love to know if these files work on ASD 11
thanks for the upload.
Lebostein

Post by Lebostein »

Open the .anime file with a text editor (notepad for example), change the output resolution by hand (look for "dimensions" in one of the first lines I think) and save the file. So you can export any animation resolution/ratio with the Debut version. I am not sure, but with older Debut versions this hint works....