Wanna a make a production team?

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

kellz5460

Wanna a make a production team?

Post by kellz5460 »

I'm putting this out there because I'm starting to get serious about wanting to animate crap

I'm not the best animator out there but I think I can get there- I have tons of free time since I only work a part time job and I want to see if anybody wants to form a production team or studio with.

Basically a collaboration but a longer term basis where we'd actually be a team looking to make high quality animations

I'm gonna come right out and say it- I'm an seinen anime style fan- I like the style period. (ghost in the shell, paranoia agent, Lupin 3, Afro Samurai type stuff) I HATE shounen anime though as the story work and even some art leave much to be desired.

However I'm not gonna restrict myself to that as I also like the american stretch and squish Ren and stimpy/looney toons style as long theres complementary content that uses the style effectively. Same with seinen anime

I'm kinda mixed on cut out animation- Mostly I don't care for it at all except when it's used in certain cases It can look good.

I'm looking for someone with loads of free time looking to go to the next lvl of their hobby or craft. Even if you can only just draw and maybe you're not an animator. A background artist or character sketcher would be awesome.

I wanna do something epic - and I think it would be great to share ideas

I know some ppl here are new and looking to do the same and maybe they don't feel they're up to snuff but I can gladly help out by spreading the bit of stuff I know (which ain't much)
OMG make it stop!
uddhava

Re: Wanna a make a production team?

Post by uddhava »

kellz5460 wrote:I'm putting this out there because I'm starting to get serious about wanting to animate crap....
Stop motion? Use gloves. :wink:

udd
kellz5460

Post by kellz5460 »

:lol:
OMG make it stop!
Datpiff90

Post by Datpiff90 »

I have lots free time...I'm pretty new with anime studio and an ok animator...

Teams are alot better than solo...

Hit me up..exchange ideas
Rhoel

Re: Wanna a make a production team?

Post by Rhoel »

kellz5460 wrote:I wanna do something epic.
Try sailing around the world, alone, in a boat smaller than 3.6m (11 ft 10in) long. This world record was set by Serge Testa in 1987 and the record has remained unbroken for 24 years.
Serge Testa
[wikipedia]

For epic animation, it would be better to develop a 30 second pilot, a trailer for something epic. That way you have a realistic chance of getting it finished. It will also help develop the capabilities of the team. Ifthe trailer works, you have a showreel to take to the money guys to fund the 3-4 years of hard labour.

Usual pre-production.

1: Concept or synopsis.
2: Script
3: Conceptual drawings and character design.
4: Storyboard.

Got all that, then you can start production and voice recording.

You could of course do both; sail around the world and have the peace and solitude needed to think up the finer points of the epic.

Rhoel

NB: In 2009, there was a serious attempt to break this record by running a race called Around in Ten, that is, to circumnavigate the world in 10 foot boats. No-one made it to the starting line but several boats were built, one a serious contender. In the past, one 10' boat has crossed the Atlantic and another the Pacific.
dueyftw

Post by dueyftw »

In my younger days I thought about swimming the Alanitc in a wet suit with a boat following me. Newfoundland to Greenland to Iceland to the UK. Then I realized that I was suicidal.

Dale
Rhoel

Post by Rhoel »

I might have to split this thread and continue in the Miscellaneous Chit-Chat but there is s very good reason why I know about Serge's record... I used to live on this 25' (27' LOA) boat for a few years

Image.

I remember reading about his voyage and a comment made by Lyn and Larry Pardey "Go small, go now". I realized then I had too much wasted space on the 25 - I thought 17' would be ideal. I seem to remember having 3" of snow on the deck that morning reading about Serge and the idea of sailing out to someplace warm was appealing.

When the AiT race was announced, I looked seriously at how it might be done: building a boat which can survive is not the issue: The problem is the passenger and the food/water they need. The passenger can be strapped in and a helmet donned. But the food and water for 60 days at sea ... where do you put it.

Recently, I went back to the project to look at it again - there have been advances in technology which might make it feasible. So now its literally back to the drawing board to look at all the storage space. ASP has its role too - I built a crash-test dummy, and use it to check if everything in the cabin is reachable - the bone rig is ideal for this.

Personally, the 17' is a better circumnavigation micro-cruiser but that sub-11' record is still nagging away in the back of my tiny little brain - it is possible.

I need to get out more.

Rhoel.
kellz5460

Post by kellz5460 »

I was considering getting in a big wooden bucket and setting sail

OMG make it stop!
SvenFoster

Post by SvenFoster »

lol nice boat(s)

kellz, I was hoping to read this thread and see loads and loads of promises of collaboration for you but its looking a bit thin. I wouldn't take it personally but I'd suspect the thought of having someone rely on you is probably a bit daunting.

I am so unbelievably stowed off with work and home at the moment I just cant see me getting anytime to do anything useful else I would have threw my hat in(assuming that you would attempt to catch it and not duck) and learn something.

I hope you get an K-team together and get a chance to flex your ani-muscles...lurking..if my circumstances change anytime soon I'll pipe-up
--Sven
What *if* the Hokey cokey *is* what its all about?
cucumihai

Post by cucumihai »

I'm not a good animator, if i can call my self an animator but i am good at drawing cartoon style backgrounds and i also don't have much free time but if you want a guy just for the backgrounds, i'm in.
I can send you or post here some of my work if you want. :)
SvenFoster

Post by SvenFoster »

cucumihai wrote:I'm not a good animator, if i can call my self an animator but i am good at drawing cartoon style backgrounds and i also don't have much free time but if you want a guy just for the backgrounds, i'm in.
I can send you or post here some of my work if you want. :)
I'm so coool.. all the girls want me lol.
--Sven
What *if* the Hokey cokey *is* what its all about?
x-vishon

Post by x-vishon »

I'd be interested I'm good in Photoshop I am not a bad at animation but not great at background art or realistic drawings', I can animate them if I have a good character model. But I know alot about music composition which I consider very important in animation as well as voiceing characters. I record for bands and the such quite regularly. If you would like to chat you can reach me on Skype my contact details are on my we page http://www.qpmonline.com
Joelsquare

Post by Joelsquare »

Hey, I'm a composer and sound designer by trade, and I've got the amenities and skills that accompany - nice mics, proper iso-booth, etc.

-Joel
Matsuemon

Post by Matsuemon »

Hey Kellz,
What kind of project(s) did you have in mind? I've often thought of trying to hook up with some fellow animators/artists on this site or others, to try and get something going. It's so much for just one person to do.