(Request) How to make a full 5-10min anime studio movie!

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

otswe

(Request) How to make a full 5-10min anime studio movie!

Post by otswe »

Hello,

I wonder if it some tutorials (FREE) show me how to make animation films like johnny test, ed edd eddy or others movies! I will be very thank's full!
I use anime studio pro 8!

If their are no movies please answer this question :/

1. Audio when characters are talking what program should i use and should i use character wizard mouth set a,u etc.. or draw 3-5mouth set by my self? (Which program should i use to record audio)

2. I heard that anime studio havent a scence planning that i can create many scence i want so i can do a character zoom in and other scence a character zoom out how should i do that? if i have to many frames the program crash or something.

3. I hope their are a full movie tutorial how to make a 5-10min animation movie with anime studio for free!
GCharb

Post by GCharb »

I know of books that teaches the process, but not video tutorials.

http://www.amazon.com/Animation-Writing ... 123&sr=8-1

http://www.amazon.com/How-Make-Animated ... 255&sr=1-1

And few others.

For tv series phonemes are good and fast, so yes, AS lip-syncing tools are good enough.

Always build one scene at a time.

I dunno why peoples seem to always want to build AS files with several scenes in them when it makes much more sense to build one at a time, render, then bring in a video montage tool.

This gives much more flexibility and there are decent free video montage tool from what I heard!
otswe

Post by otswe »

Thanks GCharb,

You are good in animation, could you please make tutorials how to make animation movies :)
cucumihai

Post by cucumihai »

I think you're searching for something that doesn't exists and even if someone makes a tutorial on how to animate a 5 min. cartoon, that will only be his style and approach to the program and the animation workflow.
There is no right method to do an animation, there are simply methods.

The best thing is to learn your program because if you know what you can do then you can develop a style and an workflow that fits the best to you.
otswe

Post by otswe »

What do i need to make a 5min cartoon show!

I got anime studio pro 8, i got the characters and the stuff.

I dont know what should i use to record sound audia or papgayo.

And what tutorials do i need look at befor i make the movies
cucumihai

Post by cucumihai »

You can use Audacity (free) for recording sound, it can do the job very easy.
For background music and sund effects you can browse the web for royalty-free music or compose it yourself in programs like FL Studio.
Besides the characters, you'll also need some backgrounds.
Everything depends on your script and what you have in mind for this 5 min. cartoon.
Maestral

Post by Maestral »

Any kind of visual art is quite close to storytelling.
Could you explain to us why are you so fixed with 5-10min? Could it be longer or shorter?
shannock

Post by shannock »

A guy called Fiziwig did a series about making a short film. It's quite an old series (1998) but still relevant. Try http://fiziwig.com/anim/
Rhoel

Post by Rhoel »

One observation which is easy to miss in planning. Pay careful attention to your backgrounds/design. Well-made backgrounds can add huge impact to your project.

Great animation - simple background = average to less good looking movie.
simple animation + great background = above average to great looking movie.

Put Disney 2's slick animation on a vector background and it looks cheap. Put a vectored character onto a rastered/digitally painted background and the effect is usually wow!.

Go back and analysis Japanese movies and guess which combination you will find.

Technotise is a very good example of this background rule too.

If you want to impress, then consider your background style.

Rhoel
otswe

Post by otswe »

I understand that people use video editing software to put all the files togheter, but i wonder do you put the sound, effects etc in anime studio or do you put them in the video editing software?
GCharb

Post by GCharb »

otswe wrote:I understand that people use video editing software to put all the files togheter, but i wonder do you put the sound, effects etc in anime studio or do you put them in the video editing software?
I would definitely do these in an external application.

The reason is that, if you render these in AS then they become part of the rendered images.

If you do those in an external application, you can tweak those till you drop, giving much more flexibility as you can change anything during the process.
SvenFoster

Post by SvenFoster »

otswe wrote:I understand that people use video editing software to put all the files togheter, but i wonder do you put the sound, effects etc in anime studio or do you put them in the video editing software?
EDIT: removed story
Last edited by SvenFoster on Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
--Sven
What *if* the Hokey cokey *is* what its all about?
otswe

Post by otswe »

I got little confusied, do you guys use a other software to put the sounds or you guys use anime studio?

Answer please yes we use anime studio or yes we use a other software

please dont write a story about it.
jonbo

Post by jonbo »

Yes, we use another software for audio. Simple enough? :)
otswe

Post by otswe »

Yes, but how do you even let character talks then?