Wacom Inkling

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

SvenFoster

Post by SvenFoster »

Gilles how old are you 80? 120? ;)

hayasidist, I still find it incredible that ASP doesn't support SVG... ridiculous...to be honest its up there as a reason for me to dig into lua and ASPs internals...
... then again not sure I have the will to learn another language...once upon a time I would have spent 2weeks turning it inside out. now would probably take me a week ;) but the flesh is tired...so very tired
--Sven
What *if* the Hokey cokey *is* what its all about?
ponysmasher

Post by ponysmasher »

Well, I just pre-ordered one. I usually wait for at least some reviews but Wacom makes some really solid stuff and since they're a EU country I don't have to pay VAT which makes the price even better.

Not going to use it with AS though. I wish AS would support the kind of vectors that illustrator uses in addition to the ones it has.
GCharb

Post by GCharb »

SvenFoster wrote:Gilles how old are you 80? 120? ;)
ROFL, no, but sometimes it feels like it! :)

47 here, but I really had a B&W video camera with RGB filters on my Amiga, and it made the best images scan back then, at a decent resolution too and I really used transparent cells on top of my monitor to trace, as there was no other way in the 80s to get images into a computer.
Genete

Post by Genete »

What about the eraser? How does it handle when you want to erase something (which is really usual in a normal artist)?
-G
SvenFoster

Post by SvenFoster »

Gillies you weren't supposed to answer but since you did I'm obliged to say I've just enjoyed my 38 b'day.

Genete, I'm guessing since you can't see what it being erased you have several options.
- use the timeline and remove those strokes on import.
- create a new layer each time you feel you want to save a d merge on import
- erhmm use a new piece of paper and trace it into a new sketch ;)

I draw with a pen most of the time and have to say my drawing improved when I decided each stroke had better count.

Good point tho. I bet if it takes off synfig will support it even if asp doest ;)
--Sven
Genete

Post by Genete »

- use the timeline and remove those strokes on import.
What? it has a timeline??? :shock:
Impressive!

[offtopic mode]
I bet if it takes off synfig will support it even if asp doest :wink
Ha ha, Synfig has basic built in SVG import but we are now working on a Inkscape pluging for Synfig format export. It is working very well and looks the final solution for SVG importing.
[/offtopic mode]
-G
SvenFoster

Post by SvenFoster »

Yep the import tool has high speed play back and you can drag arrows to a start and end segment and move to a layer... Pretty sweet.
If it has the ability to reduce points etc it would be killer but I guess there are plenty of svg tools to do that.

Offtopic...
Yep inkscape is nice for drawing and the plugin architecture sounds like a winner for synfig.
Offtopic
--Sven
oferhod

Post by oferhod »

I want one so bad!!
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

OK, I'll keep a list now, of those who are willing to pay 200$ for this mostly useless gadget right now, and I will pull out that list again when people complain about the price for the next AS upgrade ... *fg*
madrobot

Post by madrobot »

slowtiger you sour old stick in the mud, I have missed you buddy
SvenFoster

Post by SvenFoster »

slowtiger wrote:OK, I'll keep a list now, of those who are willing to pay 200$ for this mostly useless gadget right now, and I will pull out that list again when people complain about the price for the next AS upgrade ... *fg*
Lol slowtiger I'm only now beginning to undertake your style and not mistake it for grump anymore. Put me on the list of useless gadget owners and people who moan at the next upgrade

I suspect this gadget will do what it's designed for (even if it is novelty) and isn't just a repackaged version of something else that still has the same issues.
If v8 brought something that was an improvement I'd buy it. As it is is just v7 with makeup on and a dodgy nose job.
--Sven
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

This tool/toy is mentioned everywhere now, I've posted a comment in the article on http://www.cartoonbrew.com for those interested.
hayasidist

Post by hayasidist »

Hi Slowtiger..

so I folllowed that link to cartoonbrew and didn't recognise you in the postings, so I looked you up here and followed your link to one line graphic and nearly fell over laughing when I read your "Evaluation and consultation" first question .. do you really need this? :lol:

the answer is "no" - I don't really need this. Can put me on the other list please - not buying it and will complain about the AS upgrade price! :wink:
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

Nice to see the joke isn't lost to non-german speakers ...
hayasidist

Post by hayasidist »

und warum denkst du, dass ich kann kein Deutsch sprechen? vielleicht bin ich der einzige Engländer, der mehr als eine Sprache sprechen kann? :wink: and anyway that page spits a 404 when I try for the english version!