I made it my animation is picked up.

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

toxicink

I made it my animation is picked up.

Post by toxicink »

I found this great animation website were thay actually make you your animation bible and they actually pitch your animation to the top networks I should now cose I am a member and they already made me my animation bible, there also pitching it to the top networks,

Animation Taxi is into all that NATPE and KIDSCREEN and BAMF conventions things that cost to much money for the rest of us, but those are the places to meet the right people and to pitch ideas to the top net works.
it finaly happen to me
there named Animation Taxi check them out.

http://www.animationtaxi.com/ad.htm
Last edited by toxicink on Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

Well ... congratulations? I'll hold back until you get the first payment from this.

Just to get things into perspective: I've got an offer to extend a contract about a 2 min film of mine, they (that company, not CN) will have world wide online and TV distribution rights for another 5 years. And they're offering 50.- €. One-time.
SvenFoster

Post by SvenFoster »

Sorry slowtiger, I'm based in the UK and I'm struggling with your method of writing currency.. is that 50 Euros/ 500 / 5000/ 50000? apologies for my ignorance.
no matter what It seems they have your work for 5 years..hmmm cost of doing business i guess(you dont strike me as the type that would be sold short)
slowtiger wrote:Well ... congratulations? I'll hold back until you get the first payment from this.

Just to get things into perspective: I've got an offer to extend a contract about a 2 min film of mine, they (that company, not CN) will have world wide online and TV distribution rights for another 5 years. And they're offering 50.- €. One-time.
--Sven
What *if* the Hokey cokey *is* what its all about?
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

It's just 50 Euros. I must say that I'm a tad bit pissed about that.

Of course a real TV station pays more. How much? - depends.

A commissioned film for a german TV station can earn as much as 3000 - 4000 € per minute.

But a film they just buy the broadcasting licence may get about 100 - 500 € per minute.

Online stations pay even less. Be very careful not to sell out, especially don't sell "Exclusive" rights if you plan to distribute your work elsewhere as well yourself.
SvenFoster

Post by SvenFoster »

slowtiger wrote:It's just 50 Euros. I must say that I'm a tad bit pissed about that.

Of course a real TV station pays more. How much? - depends.

A commissioned film for a german TV station can earn as much as 3000 - 4000 € per minute.

But a film they just buy the broadcasting licence may get about 100 - 500 € per minute.

Online stations pay even less. Be very careful not to sell out, especially don't sell "Exclusive" rights if you plan to distribute your work elsewhere as well yourself.

keeping this for reference... although I think the award for "understatement of the week" has to go to the line...
slowtiger wrote:It's just 50 Euros. I must say that I'm a tad bit pissed about that.
If you are doing something for the love or the journey then I guess 50 euro may be just fine.. if its your profession and living I can see how that may not meet your expectations ;)
--Sven
AmigaMan

Post by AmigaMan »

Toxicink I congratulate you if you really have got a deal with Cartoon Network Uk as I love to hear an animation success story. Please let us know how you go on.

The AnimationTaxi site I'm not so sure about. I hope I'm wrong but it just doesn't ring true to me. For something so important the site is amateurish with poor spelling and grammar. If they have a "team of professionals' then how come the animation on the site is so bad. Lazy too as atleast one of the character's appears to be a stock Anime Studio character that comes supplied with the software? I dunno, it just doesn't look right to me. Why aren't those behind the site proud to name themselves if they are so successful in the business?

It just seems very odd. Is it just me? :D
SvenFoster

Post by SvenFoster »

AmigaMan wrote:It just seems very odd. Is it just me? :D
erhmm nope :roll:

a number of things don't add up ...site quality, quality of animations, number of members.. an admin that has been a member for only a month..

but I will take people at their word. So congratulations.

EDIT: Dale, meant to say thought your pdf on character creation and blog post on "camera move" were great.. PS: I had an Amiga 1200 and decided to learn to program on it.. 3d spinning cube lol..
--Sven
JaMike

Post by JaMike »

Toxicink = Abner Cologne

Abner Colon has been pushing the Animationtaxi site all over LinkedIn, replying to EVERY discussion, no matter how irrelevant, pushing this site.

The Administrator of the Animationtaxi website forum is called Toxicink.

Do I need to do more investigating? Or is the answer clear enough?
SvenFoster

Post by SvenFoster »

JaMike wrote:Do I need to do more investigating? Or is the answer clear enough?
LOL I think we pretty much established that a while ago but I guess the subtlety may have been missed by others reading...

I think Mr Colon needs to polish his site a bit if trolling on linkedin didnt get any takers.
--Sven
JaMike

Post by JaMike »

SvenFoster wrote:I think Mr Colon needs to polish his site a bit if trolling on linkedin didnt get any takers.
You mean, his site needs cleansing... :D
SvenFoster

Post by SvenFoster »

JaMike wrote:
SvenFoster wrote:I think Mr Colon needs to polish his site a bit if trolling on linkedin didnt get any takers.
You mean, his site needs cleansing... :D
Doh!!! how did I miss that lol
--Sven
AmigaMan

Post by AmigaMan »

JaMike I'm impressed with your detailed investigation :D
I didn't look that closely as it immediately rang alarm bells for me. I get quite angry when I think of people paying hard earned money to sites like this.

SvenFoster thanks for the comments about the .pdf etc. The Amiga btw is still my favourite machine. I never got to program on it. I'm in awe of programers and people on this forum that create scripts for AS. I haven't got a clue...well, I have slightly after reading GCharb's tutorial on Scripting but I will still stick to animation I think

:D
JaMike

Post by JaMike »

AmigaMan wrote:JaMike I'm impressed with your detailed investigation :D
LOL! Google is my friend! Plus it's a pretty distinctive name.

BTW, I couldn't resist... The CEO of Animationtaxi is Abner Rosk, who also is involved with Golden Dawn Multimedia, which is also the company of... yes, you guessed it, Abner Colon. Both Abners are based in Tampa. It's a popular name down there, I guess.
JaMike

Post by JaMike »

GCharb

Post by GCharb »

AmigaMan wrote:well, I have slightly after reading GCharb's tutorial on Scripting but I will still stick to animation I think

:D
Only slightly, damn, will have to redo that tutorial then! :o