I made it my animation is picked up.

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

GCharb

Post by GCharb »

Jamike, I am french, started to learn English in my late 20's and I am pretty sure I spell better then he does, and I do not usually make fun of peoples.

But the fact that he so blatantly lies to us and his spelling is like asking to be put in a basket and having it thrown over a cliff.
dueyftw

Post by dueyftw »

And Dale, Animation Dump Truck is just Fail ... it's far too slick ... where's the many typos and bad grammar? Or the steam-age web style and tacky tiled backgrounds? And good God man, the forum actually works!
Hey pick the most obnoxious web template, change a few words and settings and you can compete with me.

toxicink; if you think that I'm are picking on you, well I is. There is a huge wall put up by lawyers who tell the companies that you listed not to take any pitches from the outside with out releases sign and notarize from hell and back. Other wise other lieyers are going to sue them. 99% of the time they will not deal with anyone they do not know.

And in the rare case that a major outlet like say, Sesame Street holds a contest for new original ideas for programming you get industry animators and studios bent out of shape.
http://www.cartoonbrew.com/ideas-commen ... treet.html

Dale
JaMike

Post by JaMike »

GCharb wrote:Jamike, I am french, started to learn English in my late 20's and I am pretty sure I spell better then he does, and I do not usually make fun of peoples.
I was only half-serious. I suddenly thought that this guy might actually have a medical problem, and felt guilty. But if he has, it's the same medical problem most spammers have, so I stopped feeling guilty about 5 seconds later.

And even though I would love to make fun of you, Gilles, you're so talented and helpful, I just wouldn't enjoy myself. :wink:
GCharb

Post by GCharb »

Nah, you can make fun of me, I love a good laugh anytime.

Thing is, a spammer is a spammer, and even though not illegal, it should be, so I have no sentiment for that type of peoples, they are just wasting our time!
SvenFoster

Post by SvenFoster »

I think its a fine line between providing a paid service and spamming.

In the case of THE site pushed they are attempting to deceive and take peoples money who dont know any better... true many legitimate companies employ similar tactics but the line is drawn..

1) dont make claims that are not true
2) dont target people that are desperate
3) dont give false hope.

*if* THE SITE had a verifiable track record or ran by someone well known and the stuff on their was of a commercial quality...
..add to that a sense of "conscience" that would set minimum standards for entry and set realistic expectations then *maybe* they offer a service worth having.

Its not.
Its the oldest story ever.. tell people what they want to hear and charge them for it.
--Sven
What *if* the Hokey cokey *is* what its all about?
toxicink

Post by toxicink »

pitching for dummy.

Animation Taxi gose to all of those convention like NATPE and KIDSCREEN and BAMF places that you poor Brits euros cant go to cos it cost to much money for you and the rest of us, but not for them because they live in the USA.

don't you know that you can go to NATPE and KIDSCREEN and meet the same people that Animattion Taxi met? they must have a Brite version of KIDSCREEN and NATPE there i imagin.
Those are the places to meet the right people and to pitch ideas to the top net works.
so don't knock any one who has the money and can go to those places to network. ( there like $500 a day for a 3 day convention) you do the math

from what I see ita all hear say by JaMike, SvenFoster and yes Rhoel open up a can of worms that dose not deserve it.

have any one of you heard of defamation of character?

I wonder, if Animation Taxi is such a bad idae, why are so many of you trying to copy Animation Taxi? realy ? dump truck? helo kitty template?
I mean Really? like you have that money to advertise?
good luck

and animation taxi uses animae pro soft ware to boot! you should be thanks them for trying to show the world anime pro software.
smith micrco should know how you treat one of its customers.

you got to admite
Animation Taxi the name is quit cachie
they own it not you, and by the way's of it , it looks like thay have the cash to advertise in the big animation forums, just wait, you will see, and theres nothing any of you can do about it.

grow up people, i am ashamed of this forum all my post fell upon deaf ears and now when I have good news you all act like children and mess it up for me making me feel like crap.

and please dont do any defamation of my character on m part in this forum i may have a law suit here.

because I know a poor mr colon that dose.

you all got rild-up by one member JaMike for shame.

moderator please kick me out please I have never felt like welcomed or like family here any way.

last post from Toxicink but wont be the lat time you heard of Toxicink (an other chachie name)
DK

Post by DK »

toxicink can you post some sample material from your project? Sketches, concept art, animatics anything other than just words would be nice.

D.K
Rhoel

Post by Rhoel »

I think DK highlights the problem ... some here have worked with CN and will be more than delighted if you have succeeded is selling a series to them - its not easy.

Unfortunately there is a credibility gap between what is posted here and on Animation Taxi and what CN normally accept. For a start, the Heather video is 4:3 and CN dropped support for that over a decade ago. The soundtrack sounds like it was recoded with tin can and wet string. It is quite simply unbroadcastable and it's hard to see how CN would base a commission based solely on this.

As said, we will be delighted to hear of your success but currently it sounds more fiction than fact. A little more detail, a contract number perhaps, would help quell the mischief makers like myself who delight in finding humour in anything .. find the humour in anything is an industry strength - with the number of failed submissions over the years, one has to be able to laugh.

Don't make it your last post ... despite the ribbing, your posts have, for whatever reason, been very entertaining.

Rhoel

Q: $500 a day for a 3 day convention ... you do the math.
A: 6,112,500 KHR?
Genete

Post by Genete »

Please lock the thread. It is pretty lame that it still floating on the forum.
-G