Help Shape the Future of Anime Studio

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Pierre Gombaud

Re: Help Shape the Future of Anime Studio

Post by Pierre Gombaud »

I noticed we can now import image sequence, which is good. But we can't use video tracker on it, which is less good.
Could it be possible to add video tracker on image sequence? Moho deals well with it than with video (except .mov with PNG or JPG, but...) ?
onurdemirsoy

Post by onurdemirsoy »

1- I would like to buy and use a controller with Moho like stop motion software Dragonframe. http://www.dragonframe.com/store/Dragon ... oller.html
Sometimes my keyboard isn't enough. I guess they used a standart numpad for this feature.

2- I wish Moho will be compatible with 3DConnection Space Navigator. They have an api for this. It already supports lots of softwares.
http://www.3dconnexion.eu/products/spac ... gator.html
This is really a very useful device for 3D designers but we can use it for 2D animation too.

3- Last thing I would like to see in the next update is bezier handles with exact angles. I mean for example in Photoshop if you press Shift while working with bezier handles it snaps to exact angles like 0, 45, 90 etc. Working without this feature is a little bit difficult for me.

Guys you always do a great job. Thank you so much.
chucky

Post by chucky »

onurdemirsoy wrote:1- I would like to buy and use a controller with Moho like stop motion software Dragonframe. http://www.dragonframe.com/store/Dragon ... oller.html
Sometimes my keyboard isn't enough. I guess they used a standart numpad for this feature.

2- I wish Moho will be compatible with 3DConnection Space Navigator. They have an api for this. It already supports lots of softwares.
http://www.3dconnexion.eu/products/spac ... gator.html
This is really a very useful device for 3D designers but we can use it for 2D animation too.

3- Last thing I would like to see in the next update is bezier handles with exact angles. I mean for example in Photoshop if you press Shift while working with bezier handles it snaps to exact angles like 0, 45, 90 etc. Working without this feature is a little bit difficult for me.

Guys you always do a great job. Thank you so much.
I keep posting about this, just use a mobile phone or tablet.
You don't need dragonframe, your phone will do it fine and is completely customisable to any software you like.
In this example I'm using toonboom storyboard but I use it equally for Moho and Clip paint.
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=29006&p=164046&hili ... nd#p164046
There are solutions for mac and iphonepad have airkeyboard so you probably already own the hardware. I think dirtyhand is about 5 bux
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

That is an interesting idea. I've been using touch based convertible and tablet computers for several years, and I did look into add-on hardware controllers before. I generally wound up using software though. Not sure how helpful any of the below info is but here's my experience...

Nowadays I use a Cintiq Companion 2 tablet computer, which has these black bars of app-specific buttons (software) you can call up on-screen, and I use these to access controls that I can't easily access without a keyboard (you can have up to 8 commands on a bar). It's all software of course but I imagine there are general OS versions of this out there. The only downside might be that several bars can start to clutter the screen. (I usually have one 'general purpose' bar and one app-specific bar on-screen.)

On my old tm2, I used to use a gesture program called Gmote, which worked great for navigating graphics programs. For example, I would draw a right or left arrow onscreen to un-do and re-do, do an up-stroke to zoom out, or down-stroke to zoom-in. You could create different sets for each app, which was useful because, for example, not all apps use the same keystrokes for un-do and re-do. unfortunately broke when programs started going to x64. When I got the Companion, I switched to one called Stroke's Plus but I don't really use that right now.

At one time I did buy a hardware controller from a friend that had dozens of programmable buttons on it. It looked pretty cool but it was really too bulky to take around with me everywhere. I think that's why my friend sold it.

In the case of the Companion 2 (and any other Wacom Cintiq based tablet,) they do sell a programmable keypad that extends the Express Keys on the bezel. I thought about getting one but then remembered my experience with the above device.

One really neat variation of the external controller idea is using the iPad as a controller for a desktop or laptop computer. Corel has one for Painter called Cinco. What was neat about Cinco is that it used the palm of your hand as the controller. I used it for a little while but then I decided I wanted my desk space back. It's still a pretty neat idea though and I've seen variations of it for simulating different game controllers, number pads, etc., to control programs on a desktop, laptop, or tablet computer.

Finally, the Space Navigator. I have one on my desk that I occasionally use for 3D sculpting. Its neat to be able to 'roll' an object while painting or sculpting its surface but I haven't found it especially useful elsewhere yet. In other 3D programs, I still find a mouse to be more controllable, so mostly, it's been an expensive paper weight on my desk.

I guess I haven't really tried it with 2D animation and editing programs though and I should probably give it another chance. Just curious but how would you see it being used for Moho?
chucky

Post by chucky »

I don't mind the onscreen buttons with wacom, but it takes up screen estate and aren't that customisable in appearance.
Once you start adding more than twelve functions then the system becomes too cluttered.
. Also those out there who don't use pens will be missing out.
All those controllers which are hardware based (IMO) seem to me to be self defeating when the buttons do not identify themselves and the user has to remember what they do even when they may be different in several different programs ( some which you might take breaks between using).

I think wacom made a big mistake with the controller for the hd 27, why not be a screen rather than limited buttons with no identifiable functions?
LCD screen are so cheap , mechanical buttons seem really archic.
I prefer the screen of the android as I can see what the button does by the label and or icon and even colour that I can chose and have complete control over.
Also your phone stays charges as it runs off usb ( wacoms have a plug in just the right spot :)
onurdemirsoy

Post by onurdemirsoy »

Once they shared a beta driver for Space Navigator, it let us to program all gestures to work with any program. I am always a big fan of Avid hardwares but I use Moho and Adobe productions for my work. None of them let me use extra hardwares. I have a Cintiq 27QHD and they gave me this guy:

I dont know why but I never use it. My previous tablet was Cintiq 12wx. Yes it has a smaller screen but it was better for this job.
That's why I always dream to use extra hardware for my animations. It would be so nice to navigate on timeline with a rotating button.

Well using a mobile app also is a good idea. Is there anyone have a plan to develop an android and ios app for Moho?
Greenlaw wrote:That is an interesting idea. I've been using touch based convertible and tablet computers for several years, and I did look into add-on hardware controllers before. I generally wound up using software though. Not sure how helpful any of the below info is but here's my experience...

Nowadays I use a Cintiq Companion 2 tablet computer, which has these black bars of app-specific buttons (software) you can call up on-screen, and I use these to access controls that I can't easily access without a keyboard (you can have up to 8 commands on a bar). It's all software of course but I imagine there are general OS versions of this out there. The only downside might be that several bars can start to clutter the screen. (I usually have one 'general purpose' bar and one app-specific bar on-screen.)

On my old tm2, I used to use a gesture program called Gmote, which worked great for navigating graphics programs. For example, I would draw a right or left arrow onscreen to un-do and re-do, do an up-stroke to zoom out, or down-stroke to zoom-in. You could create different sets for each app, which was useful because, for example, not all apps use the same keystrokes for un-do and re-do. unfortunately broke when programs started going to x64. When I got the Companion, I switched to one called Stroke's Plus but I don't really use that right now.

At one time I did buy a hardware controller from a friend that had dozens of programmable buttons on it. It looked pretty cool but it was really too bulky to take around with me everywhere. I think that's why my friend sold it.

In the case of the Companion 2 (and any other Wacom Cintiq based tablet,) they do sell a programmable keypad that extends the Express Keys on the bezel. I thought about getting one but then remembered my experience with the above device.

One really neat variation of the external controller idea is using the iPad as a controller for a desktop or laptop computer. Corel has one for Painter called Cinco. What was neat about Cinco is that it used the palm of your hand as the controller. I used it for a little while but then I decided I wanted my desk space back. It's still a pretty neat idea though and I've seen variations of it for simulating different game controllers, number pads, etc., to control programs on a desktop, laptop, or tablet computer.

Finally, the Space Navigator. I have one on my desk that I occasionally use for 3D sculpting. Its neat to be able to 'roll' an object while painting or sculpting its surface but I haven't found it especially useful elsewhere yet. In other 3D programs, I still find a mouse to be more controllable, so mostly, it's been an expensive paper weight on my desk.

I guess I haven't really tried it with 2D animation and editing programs though and I should probably give it another chance. Just curious but how would you see it being used for Moho?
chucky

Post by chucky »

I have a Cintiq 27QHD and they gave me this guy:

I dont know why but I never use it. My previous tablet was Cintiq 12wx. Yes it has a smaller screen but it was better for this job.
That's why I always dream to use extra hardware for my animations. It would be so nice to navigate on timeline with a rotating button.

Well using a mobile app also is a good idea. Is there anyone have a plan to develop an android and ios app for Moho?
Yep that little remote is exactly what I'm talking about, what good are those anonymous grey buttons?

As for the app here are the links
Editable Keyboard- Dirty Hand
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... able&hl=en

You have to install on your android and the server on your PC
http://www.dirtyhand.me/pc-connection.html

Here is the Moho Layout I made
https://1drv.ms/u/s!An9E1CVuSl-zga1f7SxBNDkBmePpLg
Which you put here C:\ProgramData\Kyberback\DHK\Layout

OH I should explain I put a wafer thin magnet on the back of the phone ( like they sell at petrol stations)

Air Keyboard (I can't tell you if this is actually a 'thing' but there it is)
https://itunes.apple.com/au/app/air-key ... 73446?mt=8
onurdemirsoy

Post by onurdemirsoy »

I have an iPad and iPhone and will look to find similar software. I ll let you know if I will find a good one.
chucky wrote:
I have a Cintiq 27QHD and they gave me this guy:

Yep that little remote is exactly what I'm talking about, what good are those anonymous grey buttons?

As for the app here are the links
Editable Keyboard- Dirty Hand
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... able&hl=en

You have to install on your android and the server on your PC
http://www.dirtyhand.me/pc-connection.html

Here is the Moho Layout I made
https://1drv.ms/u/s!An9E1CVuSl-zga1f7SxBNDkBmePpLg
Which you put here C:\ProgramData\Kyberback\DHK\Layout

OH I should explain I put a wafer thin magnet on the back of the phone ( like they sell at petrol stations)

Air Keyboard (I can't tell you if this is actually a 'thing' but there it is)
https://itunes.apple.com/au/app/air-key ... 73446?mt=8
onurdemirsoy

Post by onurdemirsoy »

1- Control+A (Cmd+A) to Select Texts

I mostly use this shortcut on other softwares to select all text and I think it will be useful for Moho too. Why it isnt working while changing text layer, note layer or the name of any layer?

2- Real Time Font Changes

Is it possible to control if any new fonts installed to system while the software is working? It is a pain to restart the software everytime I install a new font.
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

onurdemirsoy wrote:2- Real Time Font Changes

Is it possible to control if any new fonts installed to system while the software is working? It is a pain to restart the software everytime I install a new font.
Not sure about new fonts, but ctrl/cmd+shift+alt+L reloads all scripts and brushes. Might do fonts too.
eric1223

Post by eric1223 »

A blend layer method that blends colors like on a color wheel.

Red + yellow= orange. Something like that.
Fordispreme

Post by Fordispreme »

eric1223 wrote:A blend layer method that blends colors like on a color wheel.

Red + yellow= orange. Something like that.
That it is!
eric1223

Post by eric1223 »

With the new multi timeline feature, It would be good to have "Select all keys at this frame" (vertically select all) and "Select all keys to the left". If it would be too much trouble to make it a right click option, It could go in the "Animation" Menu. Hmm in fact, I kinda think all of the selection of keyframe feature should be in both the menu and right click.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Yes, I made that request just a few weeks ago. In ASP 11, you can simply click below the last key in the row and it selects all the keys above. IMO, it would be more useful to be able to do this from the top as well as bottom but it doesn't work in Moho 12 anyway.

For now, you can right-click to consolidate the timeline and then you only need to move one key to move them all. Once you're done, you can split them apart again. Alternatively, you can use the marquee of course but that gets tricky when there are a lot of layers and keyframes to work around.
onurdemirsoy

Post by onurdemirsoy »

I just found this idea. Why we dont have a fps calculator in Moho? Everytime I have to use calculator while convert frame to second or second to frame.

I designed something like this. Not sure if it is useful or not for everyone but it is just an idea.