Help Shape the Future of Anime Studio

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

drumlug13

Post by drumlug13 »

It would be awesome if we could Manipulate Bones while working in the Bone Constraints menu.

The trial & error, change this or that setting, close the window, move the bone, not quite the movement you want, rinse, repeat thing is a work flow killer.
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

drumlug13 wrote:It would be awesome if we could Manipulate Bones while working in the Bone Constraints menu.
Select the dynamic bones you want to modify, hit play and now open the bone constraints popup. Drag with right click to right or left to modify the values on each parameter. You'll see the changes in real time.
You can do the same with particles.

PD: Oh, it's better to have unchecked "allow frame skipping" on animation menu, that way dynamic bones will work exactly like in the final render.
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel
Diana Kennedy

Post by Diana Kennedy »

neeters_guy wrote: He made a mod of the translate points tools which disables this behavior (I believe fazek's tool does the same thing). Here's the thread: Modding the translate tool

The script is in that thread, but you'll need to know how to install a tool script (how to do this is described variously here and at animators forum).
I will gladly check out this thread, thank you very much for sharing. I never installed a script before. But if it does what I hope for, It will be worth learning and trying.
Diana Kennedy

Post by Diana Kennedy »

And in regard of this thread' topic, I'd like to quote the author of that other thread, where he says:
Since you can always select all the points in a shape by clicking ON the shape, it never made any sense to me it wouldn't select/move the point you were nearest even if you weren't all that near
This is exactly my point. It makes no sense, it slows down your drawing workflow, nothing else. You can select all the points by simply clicking ON the shape if you need that. So I still hope very much that an upcoming version of ASP will offer the possibility to disable this nasty automatism.
drumlug13

Post by drumlug13 »

That is awesome Selgin ! That is going to save tons of time.

Is there a way to work with Angle Constraints without constantly opening and closing the pop up menu? I guess what I'm really asking for is access to the Bone Constraints pop up while using the Manipulate Bones tool. (not just the Select Bone tool)
velu

Post by velu »

selgin wrote: Ability to edit several selected layers at the same time
It would be awesome that, if you select two or more layers, you be able to see the points of both layers and their keyframes in the timeline.
If you select two different layers, for example, vector and bone, you would see all the keyframes for bones and all the keyframes for vectors.
This would eliminate all the blindness we have when working with many layers and edit animations with several layers won't be a nightmare anymore.
I love Moho
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

drumlug13 wrote:That is awesome Selgin ! That is going to save tons of time.
Is there a way to work with Angle Constraints without constantly opening and closing the pop up menu? I guess what I'm really asking for is access to the Bone Constraints pop up while using the Manipulate Bones tool. (not just the Select Bone tool)
You are welcome. Angle constraints works in real time too, just like dynamic bones. I just tested it.
For manipulates bones tool, I never have need that, but I suppose it shouldn't be hard for a scripter to add the pop up to any bone tool. I'm just guessing, however.
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel
drumlug13

Post by drumlug13 »

selgin wrote: ... I suppose it shouldn't be hard for a scripter to add the pop up to any bone tool. I'm just guessing, however.
Ramon threw together a script for the tool. I love it. It's in this thread.

viewtopic.php?p=122523#122523
drumlug13

Post by drumlug13 »

selgin wrote: Select the dynamic bones you want to modify, hit play and now open the bone constraints popup. Drag with right click to right or left to modify the values on each parameter. You'll see the changes in real time.
You can do the same with particles.

PD: Oh, it's better to have unchecked "allow frame skipping" on animation menu, that way dynamic bones will work exactly like in the final render.
(for the newer users like me that may be used to making particle settings changes via the Layers Menu tabs)...

To view the changes to particles in real time, you have to make your changes in the "Particle Options" pop up menu in the top left tool bar. Changes will not be seen "live" if you are making changes in the "Layer Settings"/"Particle Settings" tabs.
patricia3d

Post by patricia3d »

Just goto this link
You may get some idea to integrate bullet physics into ASP
http://code.google.com/p/bullet/source/ ... emake4.lua
shoepie

Post by shoepie »

Just working on my first ASP7 project in two years and I had forgot how annoying the drawing tools are! :evil:

I would like to disable the ability to select all points of a shape by clicking on a line. I HARDLY EVER want to do this, but if I miss a point by a millimetre everything gets selected and I end up accidentally moving the whole shape!! Grrr

I have to work with one hand hovering over the Ctrl-Z.

Also, when I have black outlines on a shape I can't actually see the points. Which causes more incidents of the previous situation. And more swearing at the monitor from me!

Fix those two things and I'll upgrade! :)

Bah.... back to 'work'.
ShoePie.co.uk - My animations.
videodv

Re: Help Shape the Future of Anime Studio

Post by videodv »

A 3D vector Layer
Asterix

Post by Asterix »

When select a shape with translate, make it so you can change style. (without having to press the Select shape tool). Faster workflow and more intuitive.

Hotkey pour sharp corner toggle (add points tool)

More shortcut like
Hotkey to add voctor layer

Option to force to name the layers you create (V8 it work thanks)
To be able to bring a shape to another layer quickly.
Last edited by Asterix on Sat Jun 30, 2012 1:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
ASP 7.1
Asterix

Post by Asterix »

When you create a shape it goes on a new vector layer automatically. That would save alot of time.

On Illustrator import, it should import on different layer each shape, just like the photoshop feature.

Adjustment handle on drawing, just like in CorelDraw, Illustrator, all other vector softwares.
ASP 7.1
jezjones29

Post by jezjones29 »

I had this posted in another thread but just wanted to add my voice here :D

1. Exposed Handles
2. Perspective tool - useful when creating backgrounds etc.
3. Guide Lines - which can be turned on and off and moved with ease
4. Rulers
5. Text Layer - text placed on this layer can be re-edited quickly, the insert text box that AS8 has now would be part of the Layer settings, so fonts can be changed quickly from a tab and all the fonts in that layer would be updated.

6. Another feature that would be good would be the ability to align layers, objects or even points.

I would also like to see some improvements made to the styles.
7. I think we should be able to share styles between projects - i.e styles could be stored in a shared library. So that my skin,hair etc style can be the same in all projects
8. There should be a way to create a style for just line widths as a style - not effecting line colour.
9. The drop down menu for saved styles doesn't work with big projects, there is no order and becomes difficult if there are lots of styles.
10. 3D objects should have styles too
11. We should be able to add more than just 2 effects and 2 styles to each object.

Other things I would like to see:
12. It looks like MotionArtist will be able to output to HTML5 so it would be good if Anime Studio could too.
13. Rotoscoping and stop motion abilities
14. Better motion blur
15. Ability to save work space layouts, panels + cameras - I like to have a top down, side and front view, but setting this up each time is a real pain.
16. Ability to set light source in 3D scenes
17. Ability to clone objects - so that If I create one cloud and clone it, then make a change to one of the clouds, then all other clouds will be updated too.
18. Absolute locked bone - so that a locked bone can't move (I know there is a script for this)
19. Better drawing tools - like those in Flash