Help Shape the Future of Anime Studio

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Greenlaw

Re: Help Shape the Future of Anime Studio

Post by Greenlaw »

I actually have something like that on my iPad. But yes, I think a frame calculator window could be handy in Moho. It's been a while since I've needed a frame calculator but the need does come up from time to time. Good suggestion.

In the meantime, there's this:

Online Frame Calculator
WakkoCat

Post by WakkoCat »

In Moho both the points and the handles are the same color which made it a bit hard to tell which is point and which is handles. I had often made a selection thinking it was a point, only to realize it was actually handles. I don't know if anyone has already mentioned it, but have they ever suggested that the points and the handles have different colors, like this?

Just thought it might make it easier to select points. Thanks!
hayasidist

Post by hayasidist »

onurdemirsoy wrote: Why we dont have a fps calculator in Moho? Everytime I have to use calculator while convert frame to second or second to frame.
did you know that in preferences there's "use SMPTE timecode"?

that gives the timeline in frames and in seconds and the data fields show time as hh:min:sec:frame
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

I was thinking about why I don't use a frame calculator as much as I used to.

In the early stages of production, I typically set my video editor to display whole frames in the timecode. So, for example, when I click on a scene in my animatic, Vegas timeline info immediately reports the length of that scene is in frames, and then I'll adjust my scene in Moho (or whichever animation program I'm using) to match that duration--no conversion needed. Also, I like to add a frame counter to every scene in the editor so I get a frame accurate display even when in SMPTE mode. (This can also be useful when I import the footage to Moho for reference, and I need to match frames and timing to other programs, like AE for example.)

Once I have all the frame info for every scene (usually logged into a shot list in a spreadsheet like OpenOffice.org or GoogleDocs,) I'll switch back to SMPTE in the video editor, usually in the final stages or when displaying actual time becomes more important.

A frame calculator is still useful for me when I need to address major changes in the edit but this generally happens more when I'm working on other people's productions. When I'm working on one of my own projects, I pretty much stick to my animatic timings.
eric1223

Post by eric1223 »

An enhancement of the "Relative Keyframeing" on the timeline.

As far as I can tell, it only affects point transformation, scale layer, translate layer, and rotate layer channels. It works really well for what it does work for, but I would like every channel for this when a ton of things need to be edited later.

for example facial expressions. I've set up a character and their lip sync is complete, and I'd like to add some facial expressions (like smile talking certain times) mid conversations. Again, transform points works well, but I would like other channels, especially the curvature, to work as well.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Yes, you're right. I wanted to use Relative to move the paths for some bones last week but found I couldn't do that. It should work with anything you can keyframe to move around on screen.
Jenk

Post by Jenk »

I would like to see ability to save selection sets of bones, to be able to hide and show just bones in these sets .
Thank you
Pierre Gombaud

Post by Pierre Gombaud »

Jenk wrote:I would like to see ability to save selection sets of bones, to be able to hide and show just bones in these sets .
Thank you
Good idea, plus I would like to get something similar for the points.
For instance in a shape with many points, be able to "group" set of points,
so it easier to grab them again without having to select all of them one by one.
Forget about it, it already exists. My bad!

Also, I really would love to get the same tools for the bones than the Layer tools.
For instance, the scale/rotate. Here is a mock-up image to explain what I mean:

Last edited by Pierre Gombaud on Sat Nov 05, 2016 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hayasidist

Post by hayasidist »

XZS wrote:Good idea, plus I would like to get something similar for the points. For instance in a shape with many points, be able to "group" set of points, so it easier to grab them again without having to select all of them one by one.
you've already got this: select point tool / create group
Pierre Gombaud

Post by Pierre Gombaud »

hayasidist wrote:select point tool / create group
Woot! I didn't know, but that's exactly what I needed. Thanks Hayasidist!
Darn, if only I knew it before... Much pain might have been avoided. :)
Pierre Gombaud

Post by Pierre Gombaud »

Ok, what could really be nice in my opinion is to get the blending mode for shadows too.
This will help a lot to get more realistic shadows.

For instance, something like this:
jezjones29

Post by jezjones29 »

My wishlist is looking like this:
  • Order coloured bones in the timeline
  • Ability to make tabs floatable so we can see multiple windows at a time
  • Select inverse for keyframes
  • Chroma key support
  • Texture effect angle
  • 3D sound positions
  • Better align tools
  • Lock layers
  • Vector objects showing in shapes menu
  • Improved note layer
  • Perspective tool
  • Guide lines
  • Rulers
  • Ability to set light source in 3D scenes
More info here: http://animestudiotutor.com/updates_wanted
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

jezjones29 wrote:My wishlist is looking like this:
  • Texture effect angle
  • 3D sound positions
  • Lock layers
We already have these. Fill textures have effect handles, unless you're talking about tilt or something instead of rotation. Audio layers have spatial positioning. And I've written a script to expose the lock layer functionality that is not available to the UI: viewtopic.php?p=167236#p167236
jezjones29

Post by jezjones29 »

synthsin75 wrote:We already have these. Fill textures have effect handles, unless you're talking about tilt or something instead of rotation. Audio layers have spatial positioning. And I've written a script to expose the lock layer functionality that is not available to the UI: viewtopic.php?p=167236#p167236
The effect handles are ok, but I often need more precision especially when aligning a large fill. An added numeric input/radial dial would be handy.

The spatial positioning only does left and right mix - the Z axis has no effect. I know you can control the volume, but it would be good if this was tied in. For example, if I moved the audio back into the scene, then the audio would automatically become quieter.

Your script is excellent - thanks for sharing. This is what I had in mind.. to make it quick and easy:
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

jezjones29 wrote:Your script is excellent - thanks for sharing. This is what I had in mind.. to make it quick and easy:
If you make the script a button on the toolbar, you can assign a hotkey.