Help Shape the Future of Anime Studio

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

dkwroot

Re: Help Shape the Future of Anime Studio

Post by dkwroot »

Another Idea:

-- Scatter Brushes should have a 'base angle' setting which would allow the user to essentially rotate the brush to whatever angle they want and then have angle jitter work from there. For example, the user could make an arrow that is pointing UP and makes it a scatter brush. When they reference this brush, they might want the brushes to point at a 45 degree angle. The current system would make the user either go through every arrow and rotate them individually or they would have to make a new duplicate brush that's angled to what they want which is wasteful.

-- This next idea would benefit most from instancing. Make it so that line brushes can be vectors. Also, give the line brush menu a base angle option just like above so that the user can set the angle that the line will jitter around.

-- Particle Loops. Some of us use Anime Studio for Video Game art and it'd be great if the particle system had a loop function where the animator assigns the length of the loop and then the program makes sure that the particles loop fluidly according to the frame length set.
biblesinger

Post by biblesinger »

More pre-built FX.

I think more pre-made fx would be so awesome, kinda like Toon Boom Studio and/or Animate 3 has.

Timothy
biblesinger

Post by biblesinger »

Also, enhancement of the freehand tool would be, i think, something most everyone would enjoy.
I've read where a lot of people have said they wished there was more along this line.
sin210

Post by sin210 »

Fix the content Library. Cannot DELETE some folders from the library and right now I cant even open the library without the whole program crashing. An ongoing problem.
dkwroot

Post by dkwroot »

It would be great if Anime Studio had an option to put everything in a true 3d environment (like Blender,Maya,Poser). The way camera movement and 3d positioning works in Anime Studio is un-natural and weird. It would be so much better if we could move around the stage in 3d space like the programs mentioned. While they're at it, it would be awesome if we could import UV MAPS with our OBJ files.
wizaerd

Post by wizaerd »

Better options, and better looking character elements in the Character Wizard.
biblesinger

Post by biblesinger »

dkwroot had SUCH an awesome idea!!!! Many others as well. While you're at it, add better integration with Motion Artist and vice-versa. Thanks..
dkwroot

Post by dkwroot »

Here is another idea, when we're placing bones it's important that we know where we're putting them in relation to where the points in our vectors are. There needs to be an option that will either allow us see our vector points when we're placing bones down in the bone layer OR there needs to be an option that will allow us to ADD BONES to our parent bone layer while having a child vector layer selected. This way we can see the vector points that we'll be manipulating when putting down our bones, which would help a lot.
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

dkwroot wrote:Here is another idea, when we're placing bones it's important that we know where we're putting them in relation to where the points in our vectors are. There needs to be an option that will either allow us see our vector points when we're placing bones down in the bone layer OR there needs to be an option that will allow us to ADD BONES to our parent bone layer while having a child vector layer selected. This way we can see the vector points that we'll be manipulating when putting down our bones, which would help a lot.
Go to your vector layer, click on the little triangle on the right of the name and check "paths". Now you can see the vectors while adding bones.
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel
dkwroot

Post by dkwroot »

selgin wrote:
dkwroot wrote:Here is another idea, when we're placing bones it's important that we know where we're putting them in relation to where the points in our vectors are. There needs to be an option that will either allow us see our vector points when we're placing bones down in the bone layer OR there needs to be an option that will allow us to ADD BONES to our parent bone layer while having a child vector layer selected. This way we can see the vector points that we'll be manipulating when putting down our bones, which would help a lot.
Go to your vector layer, click on the little triangle on the right of the name and check "paths". Now you can see the vectors while adding bones.
Who is awesome? YOU'RE AWESOME! THANK YOU!
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

dkwroot wrote:Who is awesome? YOU'RE AWESOME! THANK YOU!
hehe, you are welcome :)
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel
Danimal

Post by Danimal »

selgin wrote:hehe, you are welcome :)
No, no, really you ARE. This is something I've long wished for as well and there it is. THANK YOU!
~Danimal
madriver

Post by madriver »

Don't know if these have been mentioned but:

1. Integration with After Effects to include file format and cameras possibly (?)

2. Mouse mocap: move the mouse and the animation records to the timeline as you do. Could be useful for tracking video faster and more efficiently. Tracking points is almost there but can be tedious setting each tracking point manually, not to mention lots of tweaking usually.
chucky

Post by chucky »

There are scripts for all of these madriver, have a look around , I can't tell you exactly where to find them, just do a quick search
madriver

Post by madriver »

Cool! Thanks chucky.