Help Shape the Future of Anime Studio

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

cameraboy

Re: Help Shape the Future of Anime Studio

Post by cameraboy »

Better performance with Movie/Video layers would be great. I have Anime Studio Pro 11 and it struggles with imported video.

Does Moho 12 handle imported video better ?
KuzKuz

Post by KuzKuz »

In this simple case, all ASP/ Moho versions, can't create fill. Moho can't fill detailed hand painted pictures.
Paint bucket give terrible results.
Maybe need rebuild fill core if you increased price and compare Moho FBF vs ToonBoom?
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

You just need to add one point on the outside edge of the small part. Or you can fill the whole thing and overlap the small part.
KuzKuz

Post by KuzKuz »

synthsin75 wrote:You just need to add one point on the outside edge of the small part.
I know, but if i draw 100 frames, and want to fill it. I must find all this points in all frames to fill my animations! How much time i must spend for this?
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

KuzKuz wrote:
synthsin75 wrote:You just need to add one point on the outside edge of the small part.
I know, but if i draw 100 frames, and want to fill it. I must find all this points in all frames to fill my animations! How much time i must spend for this?
If you're doing a second pass for fills, it really doesn't add much time. Why not color the frames with the blob brush?
KuzKuz

Post by KuzKuz »

synthsin75 wrote:
KuzKuz wrote:
If you're doing a second pass for fills, it really doesn't add much time. Why not color the frames with the blob brush?
I draw frame by frame animations with characters with shadows. I need clear lines and fills. I want draw in Moho, but i can't. I simply can't fill my frames with quality what i need. I must use Adobe Animate in this case and hold Moho to another, bone based, projects. Moho FBF, at this moment, can't be compared vs ToonBoom or Animate .

chucky

Post by chucky »

Yes KuzKuz, there could be some improvement in that area of bucket and unfillable shapes.
Little things like this do take up time and are just not optimum so you are right.
( there is a report for both and I would imagine they could high up on the fix list) :D
I do think that the freehand and FBF are improving very rapidly though , soon KuzKuz ... soon :D
RussSilva

Post by RussSilva »

Nice info to know about thumbs up. Yes It would be very nice to have an option to auto save files in 5, 10, 15 or 30 mins. It would be helpful if an electric failure happens.
I use portable generator to cope with power failure problem...
onurdemirsoy

Post by onurdemirsoy »

It would be great to have a note layer which let us add paragraph textes. One row of text isn't enough for me. Everytime I have to create several note layers.

Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

I agree. Sometimes I wish to attach special rig or animation notes to the workspace but the current Note layer isn't especially useful for this. A 'post-it' style note layer than can be collapsed by clicking on the title bar could be very helpful.
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

onurdemirsoy wrote:It would be great to have a note layer which let us add paragraph textes. One row of text isn't enough for me. Everytime I have to create several note layers.
I agree too.
-RR-

Post by -RR- »

Maybe it was mentioned, maybe not, but these for a future release:

- Turning Noisy Outline/Frame-by-Frame Randomness on and off by Keyframe
...or better yet, automatically turning the noise/randomness off when there is a held pose.

- Keyframes that start, stop and/or restart a video clip or image sequence
Psmith

Post by Psmith »

Does this annoy anyone else? When zooming with the scroll wheel, the view does not remain centered on the cursor location. So, instead of one Mouse operation to zoom into a specific area of the View - two are now required.

One to generally zoom the View (scroll wheel) - and a second operation (Right Mouse Drag) to focus the View.

Better watch your step, also, when Zooming. That Zoom responsiveness is quite dramatic - you may Zoom so far out or so far in that you know not where you are.

Would it be possible to give us all the Zooming capabilities found in OpenToonz or Blender?

Please?

Greg Smith
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Yes, on focus, I reported that a few months ago. I think they're working on it.

I'm not sure I've had an issue with responsiveness.

If you do get lost somehow, press Home.
Gnaws

Post by Gnaws »

Would be great to have native JSON export like Spine. :idea: