Help Shape the Future of Anime Studio

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

synthsin75

Re: Help Shape the Future of Anime Studio

Post by synthsin75 »

dkwroot wrote:Here is an image with the stroke ONLY on the inside.

ALSO, if they could make those inside corners sharp, that would be fantastic.
You can get a similar effect by using the halo fill effect with 0 blur radius instead of a stroke. The inside corners still aren't perfect, but they are even sharper.
dkwroot

Post by dkwroot »

synthsin75 wrote: You can get a similar effect by using the halo fill effect with 0 blur radius instead of a stroke. The inside corners still aren't perfect, but they are even sharper.
The problem with that method is that when you make sharp angles, the stroke is blurry at the cusp of the bend (I can provide screen shots if you don't believe me). Not only this, but you can't hide the stroke line at specific points or use variable amounts of stroke width along the path.

What's I tend to do is create a shape and then duplicate it. I then remove the stroke from the duplicate shape and use it as a mask for the primary shape. Using this method I can create some width variation within the shape interior and hide the stroke where needed. The main issue with this is that I have to copy movements from the main shape to the mask every time I make adjustments. Also, using a lot of masks can be a pain when it comes to render time.

It would be much easier if we could just tell the stroke to only render one of its sides.
dkwroot

Post by dkwroot »

Here is another idea that really needs to be implemented. HeyVern created a script called "Image Layer Sequencer" which replaces the need for a switch layer by having an image layer load up images in a folder as the image is needed. This drastically improves performance as Anime Studio doesn't have to keep all of the image layers in memory, but instead just loads them when they're relevant (Brilliant IDEA!).

VERN'S SCRIPT: http://www.hubumedia.com/anime-studio-s ... yer-script

Anyway, I believe a fantastic update would incorporate Verns idea into a new kind of switch layer. It would be even more fantastic if this new switch layer could be controlled with Smartbones since that would make it possible to build extremely complex rigs that would also be very efficient in regard to performance. At the moment, I'm trying to find a way to control Vern's loading script with a bone, which would be AWESOME.
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

I've already developed something like that, but I haven't released it yet. I think I gave the script too much functionality for your average user to cope with. When I find the time, I'll see if I can either simplify its use or do a comprehensive tutorial so I can release it.
dkwroot

Post by dkwroot »

synthsin75 wrote:I've already developed something like that, but I haven't released it yet. I think I gave the script too much functionality for your average user to cope with. When I find the time, I'll see if I can either simplify its use or do a comprehensive tutorial so I can release it.
Please do! I absolutely love this feature and it's made working with lots of animated props a breeze. This absolutely needs to be a standard feature.
gdewizard

Post by gdewizard »

what you need more than anything is a better support system. It used to be good but has gone downhill to nothing. My anime 10 library doesn't work and I can not even get in to the support section to ask them. I had the same problem when I tried to buy my 10 upgrade and was blocked out for 4 days so I did not receive my copy of magna studio ex. Customers NEED to be able to get feedback when we have a problem with your software.
dkwroot

Post by dkwroot »

There has been some discussion in the past about Anime Studio someday having particle hair and physics and it got me thinking about what that kind of system might look like. So, I used a 3d program called Blender to create a quick hair simulation for a 2d character and these are my first results.

I'm going to refine this more and maybe do self collision for the particles, but just as a baseline it looks a lot better than I thought it would. If Anime Studio were to add this feature, I think it'd be awesome since they could restrict the hair motions to just the X,Y axis which would avoid the weirdness that comes from using 3d.
dkwroot

Post by dkwroot »

An interactive console would be great for scripting as it would allow us to probe the api and interact with its elements in real time. Also, if they expanded scripting so that it supported more common languages like Python, more people would probably code for it.
lichtsammler

Post by lichtsammler »

Hi to all!
Spontaneous wish as I read this topic:
I wish, the zoom-function could be better. If I want to zoom into the timeline, I want to keep the actual play marker in the center. Premiere Pro has it done good: press the alt-key and scroll by the mousewheel in or out to the actual play-position. Should be easy to implement.
And maybe for the future - and not so easy:
thinking about a interface to animate humanoid characters by using kind of motion capture hardware like microsofts kinect.
greetings
mark
Droxon

Post by Droxon »

I wish we can get a feature to mirror smart bones.(points)

For example being able to mirror a head turn to the opposite side, instead of re-doing it again.
nabil

Post by nabil »

1-I think the "Grid" feature is important because it will give us the capability to move the layers/shapes in a more detailed or spefic places, like in Game maker ,
2- improve the rigging as much as you can to and please try to make it easier for body turn and head turn as well and if you may add something wich can correct the smart bones ,.
3- Give us more exporting codecs , like flv etc... and/or try to reduce the file size after Exporting without reducing quality ! :D
4-add a glow , glitter and brightness effects . :P
that's all so far !
thank you smith micro , you are the best !
KuzKuz

Post by KuzKuz »

1. Animation layers like in Autodesk Maya.
2. Shapes combine, subtract and intersect operations.
3. Additional vector layer type with bezier.
4. Animatable Hide Edge Channel.
Droxon

Post by Droxon »

An option to get 3D handles to work better in 3D space just like in after effects.
Lights would also be a great feature.
Jeremedia

Post by Jeremedia »

The option to save editor colors as a custom palette! And more timeline features ( x-sheet )!
EHEBrandon

Post by EHEBrandon »

dkwroot wrote:There has been some discussion in the past about Anime Studio someday having particle hair and physics and it got me thinking about what that kind of system might look like. So, I used a 3d program called Blender to create a quick hair simulation for a 2d character and these are my first results.

I'm going to refine this more and maybe do self collision for the particles, but just as a baseline it looks a lot better than I thought it would. If Anime Studio were to add this feature, I think it'd be awesome since they could restrict the hair motions to just the X,Y axis which would avoid the weirdness that comes from using 3d.
I would really like to see this feature be implanted in Anime Studio Pro 10.5 or 11 latest.... It would be so awesome! :D