Help Shape the Future of Anime Studio

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Undiscovered

Re: Help Shape the Future of Anime Studio

Post by Undiscovered »

Great suggestions posted in this Thread! :D
I really Enjoy working in Anime Studio Pro, but have a few suggestions for Anime Studio pro 10. (Hopefully these suggestions are not too late to suggest.)

I am a music producer/ engineer/ music editor turned beginner Animator.
I thought maybe by suggesting some audio-like work flows it would benefit the animation process.

The way I produce a song is linear. I like to see it as a whole story from beginning to end in one project file. I heard about Adobe Flash “scenes” and that would help me piece each scene/ different Camera angle of each scene all in one project.
This can help us animate a whole cartoon in one project that can switch scenes, so I can animate a whole music video with the tone and rhythm I want. (Instead of doing separate files for each scene and then find out they don’t groove together when edited together in final cut pro.)

Also since I am making mostly music video animations and the animation needs to be in time with the music can we get a
tempo BPM Music Tempo graph to help to get animations in time with the beat of the song instead of only frames.

Also I see that some effects are only revealed fully in preview/rendered mode. I understand this was implemented to save CPU. But on a fast computer is it possible to always be looking at a rendered file when editing the animation with all effects.

I am also interested in developing apps for the iPhone/ iPad, and would love to use my animations I make in Anime Studio pro and use them in an App. Can Anime studio pro 10 help bridge a gap to make our animations transfer to other iPhone app builder programs. How cool would it be to take your pre built characters and place them in a 2d side scroller video game with ease. My apologies if this technology already exists. I would be interested in knowing more about this.

These are just a few of the new features I would like to see implemented in Anime Studio Pro 10 or in New Scripts.
I appreciate your software, Thank you for your time. :D
chucky

Post by chucky »

Hey Undiscovered , I think you will find there are plenty of ways to sync your piece , Import your wav and match to the audio there's visual feedback of the waveform and audio.
Also there are scripts that can wiggle to the audio that are useful. Many animators including myself have successfully made music clips. You should still rely on an editing app to take care of the 'editing' maybe some research might be needed to get your work flow sorted.
jessica951

Post by jessica951 »

I noticed that for complex characters (characters that have a lot of layers, actions, etc) AS slows down quite significantly. Even after I turn off auto-save. It would be nice if it was faster.
Lukas

Post by Lukas »

jessica951 wrote:I noticed that for complex characters (characters that have a lot of layers, actions, etc) AS slows down quite significantly. Even after I turn off auto-save. It would be nice if it was faster.
This is gonna be fixed before v10, don't worry :)
Droxon

Post by Droxon »

I wish we can get REAL motion blur :|
Droxon

Post by Droxon »

One thing Anime Studio really needs is good drawing tools... I mean just think about it, why Flash & Toon Boom are more popular?

Well thats because you can draw pretty well on it. You can have the best animation tools ever but you still need good content to animate, also frame by frame is huge! and of course you also need good drawing tools for that as well.

And lets be honest, drawing in anime studio is not the best experience, I can draw pretty well on paper but when I'm drawing in anime studio(w/tablet) is like a kid is drawing something. You get a lot of points and weird deformations.

If you guys focus more on this kind of things, you'll get more professionals and better content will be created with anime studio and maybe someday you'll be the number #1 2D animation software.

I really love your software but is still too far from being perfect.
You already have Manga Studio maybe you can mix them together or just add some
drawing features to anime studio.

And always remember that professionals are the ones driving the maket, not hobbyists.

I'm really looking forward to the next realease I really wish Anime Studio keeps growing and getting stronger.
wizaerd

Post by wizaerd »

Regarding the drawing tools, I wish it'd work more like standard vector illustration applications. With Bezier curves, with handles that can be controlled individually to control the curve as well as more standard filling options. The need to "create a shape" should just go away. Also, while ASP 9 can handle multiple audio files, I wish they were not directly linked with a switch layer to allow for multiple segments of lipsynching and audio files for dialogs.
aleXean

Post by aleXean »

The drawing tools in ASP are an acquired taste I agree however, I think they need to add more not get rid of or tweak any. Adding more painterly quality such as Flash vectors could be nice, but ASP tools aren't all that bad just forces you to be more creative!
Joofville

Post by Joofville »

I've mentioned this before, but since the tweening tools in AS are so good if a FBF layer option could be added I'd need no other software at all.

This is how I'd like my perfect Anime Studio software to be. Incorporated along with decent drawing / paint tools with line smoothing etc.

The FBF layer! Each cell represents a new drawing which you can extend over how many frame you want.

:D
aleXean

Post by aleXean »

The Frame By Frame Layer would be an awesome addition, and I still stand by if Anime Studio had more drawing tools in addition to what they already have, more painterly like tools - it will replace Flash entirely.
shift

Post by shift »

Can you add a check box that will turn on and off labels for bones in the edit screen, so I can identify a bones function easily?
LostAndFound

Post by LostAndFound »

It would be great to be able to export bones and shapes information, like position and rotation, in XML format. The idea is to use the XML file in a game engine to animate characters or objects.

Edit: This is an example: http://esotericsoftware.com/
LostAndFound//
RichardU

Post by RichardU »

1 Give smart bones the ability to control layers within sub bone layers.
2 Rework the Styles interface.
3 Rework the actions interface.
4 Give us the ability to save and load key files for bone animation, layer animation, camera animation etc. (See Mike Kelley scripts for examples.)

Thanks,
gregino

Post by gregino »

Here is a video of a very old version of 3ds max, it's interesting because the control of the curvature work a little bit like ASP (without handles), but there are very nice additional features, please look around 5.10 :
https://vimeo.com/9652184#
Droxon

Post by Droxon »

A great addition will be that smart bones can work switch layers & change the layer order :)