Character Animation Video Tutorial Series

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Would you be interested to pay 29.95 USD for a full set of video tutorials on character animation in Anime Studio?

Poll ended at Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:02 pm

Yes
57%
No
21%
Maybe
21%

Total votes: 28
InfoCentral

Post by InfoCentral »

Only 1 more day til Christmas...
Last edited by InfoCentral on Sat Dec 24, 2011 8:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
InfoCentral

Post by InfoCentral »

InfoCentral wrote:
GCharb wrote:It will be during the month of October, no definitive date yet.
Now that you have gotten a little deeper into the project, are we realistically looking at a Christmas release date?
I guess we need a new projected holiday release date. Hummmm, are we now looking closer to Valentines Day?
madriver

Post by madriver »

Dude. Seriously. Just post what you have. You said october and it's now January, or else post it in chapters. AS 9 will be out before you finish this. 8)
uddhava

Post by uddhava »

Really looking forward to your video tutorials GCharb!
wizaerd

Post by wizaerd »

madriver wrote:Dude. Seriously. Just post what you have. You said october and it's now January, or else post it in chapters. AS 9 will be out before you finish this. 8)
No, take your time and do it right. I personally do not want a chapter by chapter release, I'd much rather have a complete, quality product which I'm sure will be the eventual result.
F.M.

Post by F.M. »

I hope he is doing alright, he hasn't posted for a couple of weeks now.
"and then Man created god!"
InfoCentral

Post by InfoCentral »

Maybe he decided it wasn't going to be released until Summer 2012 so there was no sense doing weekly/regular updates on its progress towards completion. :shock:
AmigaMan

Post by AmigaMan »

I'm sure he's working hard on the tutorials and just wants be certain the next time he posts he can say the set is finished and ready for sending out :D
Apple'E'ed2

Character animation Video tutorials

Post by Apple'E'ed2 »

Absolutely Interested~ I,ve had debut6,7,& 8 for 2 years now~ and been frightened away by my ignorance every time Iv'e opened either of then up.
I HAVE ONE VERY IMPORTANT QUESTION FIRST THOUGH !

1st~ is it possible to import my own video sequences > to then work over.
2nd~is there some video or somewhere I can look at what that entails.

3rd~ if yes ~ then how log before I can get to what you are offering.

Needless to say~ Iv'e still not used either version as yet BUT~ would really REALLY~ like to do so.
REGARDS LLOYD
Dust

Post by Dust »

Yes Amiga Man, I agree. I was getting worried a bit as well wether or not he was allright since he posted basically every day before, but I am sure in the end we will all be happy with the final product.
Dust

Post by Dust »

Hi Apple e/d
It took me some time as well to get started, but in the end all it comes down to is just getting to do it. I must say, it caused me some sweat and deep frustration at times, but somehow, step by step the program became much clearer. There is simply no substitute for taking the cow by the horns and go to work. You learn, you fail, you research and suddenly you realise you are getting to know the program. The problem with a lot of us, certainly with me in the beginning, is that you buy a fancy piece of software and you think you can magically produce a full HD cartoon but since that is not possible you get intimidated. The longer I try and test and also follow some of the many tutorials, the more I begin to see that this program truly is very powerful and there is much more to it than you would first think. It just takes time, falling and getting up again, but the end is sure worth it.
Apple'E'ed2

Character Animation Video Tutorial Series

Post by Apple'E'ed2 »

Hi Dust { Strange name that~ reminds me of death }
Anyway~ thanks for the encouragement , It was not so much that the app is so difficult {which it is } BUT~ that I would rather not embroil myself in something that will ~in the end~ not allow me to create in and on environments created by myself { basically~ backgrounds,mid-grounds and foreground -(videos & images) made on my apple computer-,those other than what AS allow you to do, in other words }.
I was under the impression when I purchased my first version debut 6~ that that was possible, and as a result but it aside until I could make those environments { which i can now do~ although all elements I produce are in the png format } and I want to be able to import them and arrange them [compose in other words,] with AS characters walking, talking etc, in and around the imported images.
Oh~ as for failing~done a lot of that learning about how to 1st use my mac and second how to make both images and backgrounds.
Maybe to much to ask~ BUT~as said I think debut 6 did suggest it as possible.
madriver

Post by madriver »

wizaerd wrote:
madriver wrote:Dude. Seriously. Just post what you have. You said october and it's now January, or else post it in chapters. AS 9 will be out before you finish this. 8)
No, take your time and do it right. I personally do not want a chapter by chapter release, I'd much rather have a complete, quality product which I'm sure will be the eventual result.
Nice idea but you don't speak for me and I'm a paying customer as well.
SvenFoster

Post by SvenFoster »

goodness me... lot of tension on the forum about this.

Unless I'm mistaken the price everyone paid was 'pre-order'. 30 bucks or so and if he sells 30 that will be close to 1K. Based on the amount of effort he will have to put in to generate them 1K isn't close to paying for that time(if your a freelancer)

Simple way to fix it...
GC if you are listening, release some awesome tutorials when ready and triple the price.
That way if people want it they have to pay, those that pre-ordered will benefit for their upfront payment and patience.

of course, a little feedback to progress may or may not appease the villagers.

Me? I dont care to be honest, I said at the time I'll buy it to show some support for your forum efforts based on reputation... so I did. A reputation everyone seems to have forgotten about.

happy newyear all
--Sven
What *if* the Hokey cokey *is* what its all about?
Apple'E'ed2

What *if* the Hokey cokey *is* what its all about?

Post by Apple'E'ed2 »

?????????

???????????????????? :( ??????????????
Last edited by Apple'E'ed2 on Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.