Character Animation Video Tutorial Series

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Would you be interested to pay 29.95 USD for a full set of video tutorials on character animation in Anime Studio?

Poll ended at Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:02 pm

Yes
57%
No
21%
Maybe
21%

Total votes: 28
InfoCentral

Post by InfoCentral »

Need to re-read the posts about LowResTV and trying to get a refund from PayPal. I tried to get a refund once from PayPal and they flat out said sorry its outside the 60 day limit please don't contact us.

NOTE: Just got a receipt from PayPay for a purchase of some ToonBoom tutorials. And this is what they now say...
You have 45 days from the date of the transaction to open a dispute in the Resolution Center.
MEETUP.COM - start or join a group
InfoCentral

Post by InfoCentral »

Well, I just pre-ordered a ToonBoom tutorial on the making of a commercial. Of course I had to use PayPal once again and was shocked that they apparently changed their refund time frame once again. Every time it seems they have shortened it. Now its down to a mere 10 days!
RIGHT TO REFUND
You, the customer, are entitled to a refund of the money to be transmitted as a result of this agreement if PayPal does not forward the money received from you within 10 days of the date of its receipt, or does not give instructions committing an equivalent amount of money to the person designated by you within 10 days of the date of the receipt of the funds from you unless otherwise instructed by you.

If your instructions as to when the money shall be forwarded or transmitted are not complied with, and the money has not yet been forwarded or transmitted, you have a right to a refund of your money.
ruscular3d

Post by ruscular3d »

I have known him from the forum for over 10 years, this does not sound like him.
flexdouglas

Disappointed

Post by flexdouglas »

I promised my daughter something special for her birthday this year but now she gets nothing as usual. I guess I'll just go kill myself with these sticks she sharpened for me.
JaMike

Re: Disappointed

Post by JaMike »

flexdouglas wrote:I promised my daughter something special for her birthday this year but now she gets nothing as usual. I guess I'll just go kill myself with these sticks she sharpened for me.
I think that might be the best first post EVAR. :)

And if it's a spammer, I'm going to buy their UGG boots in appreciation.
InfoCentral

Re: Disappointed

Post by InfoCentral »

flexdouglas wrote:I guess I'll just go kill myself with these sticks she sharpened for me.
Yeah, such drama. Perhaps he will post it on YouTube. If you want drama, this is drama!
F.M.

Post by F.M. »

A member of the other forum reported that he found out, that Gilles suffered a major stroke a couple of months ago, and that he is recovering.

I hope he makes a full recovery!
"and then Man created god!"
JaMike

Post by JaMike »

Get well soon, Gilles, if you're reading this.
hnguyen

Post by hnguyen »

Best wishes - Get well soon
InfoCentral

Post by InfoCentral »

Wishing you the best in your recovery. I lost my mother a few years ago to a series of strokes.
flexdouglas

Re: Character Animation Video Tutorial Series

Post by flexdouglas »

That's a relief.
Ronbo

Post by Ronbo »

Does anyone have more recent news about Gilles? His presence on this forum is missed . . . he was always very generous in sharing his expertise and helping people resolve their issues. I admit that I was really looking forward to his tutorial series, but I was so sorry to hear about his stroke and just wish there was some way that we could let him know that we wish him a speedy recovery.
ruscular3d

Post by ruscular3d »

Ronbo wrote:Does anyone have more recent news about Gilles? His presence on this forum is missed . . . he was always very generous in sharing his expertise and helping people resolve their issues. I admit that I was really looking forward to his tutorial series, but I was so sorry to hear about his stroke and just wish there was some way that we could let him know that we wish him a speedy recovery.
I am wondering how he is doing!
I am reminded often about Frank Franzetta career when he suffer multiple stroke and he switch from his right hand to his left hand to paint. Anything is possible!

I been around many forum such as this and surprisingly this avenue of business sitting at a chair for long hours animating on the computer and the number of people suffering from a stroke or blood clot in the legs. This is a concern that I have thought about and why its important to move around and keep active. One time the forum had a take a picture of your work station thread and more than half of them had a soda pop and junk food on the desk. Then I went to the Computer convention in San Diego and saw the number of huge belly in the middle of most of us animator attending the convention. It's one thing to see others you don't know and think that if they don't take better care of their health that this would not be good. But when you know someone you really care about and build a camaraderie of years of exchanging ideas and brainstorming over problems. It hit you a little harder in the noggin and heart. I hope he can come back, because I know this was his heart and passion. For the rest of you, I hope that you have consider having a healthy lifestyle plan to compliment hours of sitting, even while making animation your passion. I hope I don't sound preachy, and I realize that everyone has a right to live how they want to, but I don't think anyone plans to have a stroke. And dang it! Gilles is a great contributor and a friend. I don't want to lose any more of you! This is a great caring loving forum!
F.M.

Post by F.M. »

I know that a long time, and well respected member of the Animation Master forum passed away a few months ago. He suffered a heart attack.

I have made it a priority to take some time to go out for a daily walk, and try to minimize the intake of junk food.
"and then Man created god!"
ruscular3d

Post by ruscular3d »

I was teaching Tai Chi today, and a student told me about a computer program that will schedule an stretch and exercise break. I pass the info in the "other software" thread.