Character Animation Video Tutorial Series

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Would you be interested to pay 29.95 USD for a full set of video tutorials on character animation in Anime Studio?

Poll ended at Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:02 pm

Yes
57%
No
21%
Maybe
21%

Total votes: 28
Apple'E'ed2

Post by Apple'E'ed2 »

InfoCentral wrote:I'm not worried. There is this Law of Nature:

"You reap what you sow."
:twisted: That's the *sort* of idea I *sort-of had*.

ONLY >>>> DON"T GET OUT >>> AND >>> DO IT> " do it here" ....sat down >too. :twisted:
InfoCentral

Post by InfoCentral »

OTOH, it could just be that he is very close to release so he doesn't want to take anymore pre-orders and is redoing the store? Although I must admit I was a little concerned when he started dropping out of sight.
MEETUP.COM - start or join a group
jonbo

Post by jonbo »

I tried to give the man the benefit of the doubt, but I think those of us who pre-ordered are just S.O.L. I find it very disrespectful not to give us an explanation or at least an apology.
JaMike

Post by JaMike »

jonbo wrote:I tried to give the man the benefit of the doubt, but I think those of us who pre-ordered are just S.O.L. I find it very disrespectful not to give us an explanation or at least an apology.
Did you pay by credit card? If you didn't receive the goods, you can do a chargeback.

But to be fair, it's clear Gilles HAS done a lot of work on it so far, so I don't think it's an intentional fraud. Maybe he has some personal issues. I can think of plenty of things that could happen that would make me ignore a few people on the internet that I owe a couple of hundred dollars to.

I think you should continue to give him the benefit of the doubt, it's not worth the stress to think otherwise.
jonbo

Post by jonbo »

Oh I can think of reasons too, but an update now and then would've let us know what's going on. He hasn't posted any on this forum in a long while and its been a month since he's posted on his blog about it. His last post made it like he was nearly finished and then nothing. I'm not stressed about the money, I would just like a status report. And before he removed the store page, he had 64 pre-orders at $20 USD a shot that's $1280 USD, thats a little more than " a few people on the internet and a couple of hundred bucks". While I agree that this wasn't a deliberate fraud, his reputation is taking a big slam for the way he's handled it.
InfoCentral

Post by InfoCentral »

Posted around Jan 10th of this year:
Again, I am sorry for not showing up here lately, but this is hard work, and I apologize for the tardiness of things, but I can assure all of those who put their trust in me, that they will not be disappointed!

Again, many thanks for your patience!

Gilles
Dust

Post by Dust »

Well I am certainly hoping for a good outcome. My communication with Gilles has usually been very good and pleasant, so I agree with JaMike that there is probably more going. Nevertheless, I understand you Jonbo. I have been actually waiting and really looking forward to this set so I am tempted to get a little disappointed.
As the good book says: "Hope deferreth maketh the heart sick" and it all looks not too great.
InfoCentral

Post by InfoCentral »

Well at least he took down the store so he isn't taking any more peoples money. If anyone is interested I can look into a lawyer for a class action suit. I would need several people who are in the US to file with the Federal District Attorney Generals office. Since its international scam it becomes a federal crime.
sbtamu

Post by sbtamu »

InfoCentral wrote:Well at least he took down the store so he isn't taking any more peoples money. If anyone is interested I can look into a lawyer for a class action suit. I would need several people who are in the US to file with the Federal District Attorney Generals office. Since its international scam it becomes a federal crime.
Come on now, This is no federal anything.
Sorry for bad animation

http://www.youtube.com/user/sbtamu
InfoCentral

Post by InfoCentral »

Anytime you cross state lines it becomes a Federal case. In this case by accepted both download as well as shipped versions. It becomes a Federal mail fraud case.
sbtamu

Post by sbtamu »

InfoCentral wrote:Anytime you cross state lines it becomes a Federal case. In this case he accepted both download as well as shipped versions. This becomes a Federal mail fraud case.
There is a difference from fraud to just out right got over come. Gharb did not set out to scam anyone, if anything he just got swamped with having to redo everything because of something I noticed. This does not even come near the definition of fraud, it is more like a cook at a fast food joint that just cant keep up.
Sorry for bad animation

http://www.youtube.com/user/sbtamu
InfoCentral

Post by InfoCentral »

The fact that he has disappeared with no warning from this forum.
The last stated release date come and gone.
The store abruptly shut down with no reason given.
Communication cut, I have sent him emails that go unanswered.

BTW, I didn't say he has committed fraud. I said if he plans on taking our money and not delivering then that would constitute fraud.
Last edited by InfoCentral on Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
InfoCentral

Post by InfoCentral »

sbtamu wrote:There is a difference from fraud to just out right got over come.
Tell me, how do you tell the difference between someone who just "got over come" and someone who cut and ran?
RichardU

Post by RichardU »

I don't know GCharb. But like many people he seemed helpful on the forum, posted some tutorials, and had an idea for a business. Was it all a grand scheme to get my money and yours? Doesn't seem like it to me.

Any number of things could have happened. Maybe he had a death in the family. Maybe he was injured. Or maybe he's still working on the tutorial and has cut himself off from any distractions. I don't think he is on the beach in Rio on our dime.

Unless some new information comes our way, I estimate this to be an unintentional breach. Chalk it up to experience and move on.
Dust

Post by Dust »

Well, well...It seems the silence from Gcharb remains.
It is funny as he seemed/seems like such a decent person, but I must confess I am starting to really wonder about his course. Even if it is like the fastfoodkitchen gone haywire, at least it would be more then decent for the director of the fastfoodstore to at least hang up a sign so the customers know what's going on. It is not so much the loss of finances. I even gave him a special donation to encourage him after he had so much trouble with having to redo all the artwork. It is a massive undertaking and I truly did appreciate his efforts. But not hearing anything, nothing at all, makes me feel sort of betrayed, and yes I agree with some folks here that it should not be a big thing, a new learning experience and so forth. Still the fact remains that at best this seems like a very strange and lousy business deal and that most people who have put their trust in Gilles activities should at least have the respect of a word or two from the master himself. As far as I am concerned, this may be the last thing I will say about this and I will go on to greener pastures with my anime studio work.