Character Animation Video Tutorial Series

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Would you be interested to pay 29.95 USD for a full set of video tutorials on character animation in Anime Studio?

Poll ended at Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:02 pm

Yes
57%
No
21%
Maybe
21%

Total votes: 28
InfoCentral

Post by InfoCentral »

GCharb wrote:It will be during the month of October, no definitive date yet.
Now that you have gotten a little deeper into the project, are we realistically looking at a Christmas release date?
madriver

Post by madriver »

InfoCentral wrote:
Now that you have gotten a little deeper into the project, are we realistically looking at a Christmas release date?
That's a good question...is there a new release date yet since october is just about over?

Would it be possible to simply release the tuts in stages as you complete them instead of trying to quickly finish and release it all at once?
GCharb

Post by GCharb »

madriver wrote:
InfoCentral wrote:
That's a good question...is there a new release date yet since october is just about over?

Would it be possible to simply release the tuts in stages as you complete them instead of trying to quickly finish and release it all at once?
I thought of that since it got tons bigger with all the new sections that will be included in the set.

I will put a lock on the features by Friday and will decide what to do with the release date.

Last thing I want to do is rush it and not deliver the best of quality but I cannot ask those who pre-order the set to wait another month or more before they get some learning material.

So the question is this, would the peoples who pre-order the set be willing to get the set in increments so that quality is optimal but still get learning material in a decent time frame?

Also, rest assured that I am working hard on these, actually put aside everything else till the holidays to work on this and some more free tutorials I was planning to do before I started to work on the set.
madriver

Post by madriver »

I'm sure you're working hard on these and it's appreciated.

Personally, I'd rather get it in parts. It will take time to digest, study and practice the tuts anyway, so receiving it in stages sounds like a good idea to me.
InfoCentral

Post by InfoCentral »

Don't forget you have to factor in Christmas shopping, tree decorating, the lights around the house, etc. All coming up faster than you think!

Dang, next week is Halloween already...I guess I'd better go get some candy.
wizaerd

Post by wizaerd »

GCharb wrote:
madriver wrote:
InfoCentral wrote: Now that you have gotten a little deeper into the project, are we realistically looking at a Christmas release date?

I thought of that since it got tons bigger with all the new sections that will be included in the set.

I will put a lock on the features by Friday and will decide what to do with the release date.

Last thing I want to do is rush it and not deliver the best of quality but I cannot ask those who pre-order the set to wait another month or more before they get some learning material.

So the question is this, would the peoples who pre-order the set be willing to get the set in increments so that quality is optimal but still get learning material in a decent time frame?

Also, rest assured that I am working hard on these, actually put aside everything else till the holidays to work on this and some more free tutorials I was planning to do before I started to work on the set.
I pre-ordered a short while ago, and while I'm anxious to start with it, I personally would rather receive it all in one package, and not via episodic releases...
InfoCentral

Post by InfoCentral »

I tend to agree with having it in one lump sum.
jonbo

Post by jonbo »

I think I'd prefer to have the entire set at one time, it might drive me nuts waiting for the next installment. :)
SvenFoster

Post by SvenFoster »

I'm not fussed either way, one lump or not.

To be honest I primarily bought it as a show of support for gilles active participation in the forums and his contributions in general. That and given the preorder price it was a no brainer for what's sure to be great content and he will bearly cover the cost of coffee consumed making them.

Of course I'm sure I'll find it useful when it comes.

There are several other people I'd consider paying but I ain't telling ;)
--Sven
What *if* the Hokey cokey *is* what its all about?
3deeguy

Post by 3deeguy »

GCharb, you have an eye for subtle detail. With 'Sally' the hip movement adds femininity. I think that little touch is sometimes overlooked. I remember one of your other characters whose finger moved as she lifted a platter. It is the kind of appealing detail you don't 'see' right away. I'm a GCharb fan.
Cheers, Larry
GCharb

Post by GCharb »

LOL, that is very generous of You! :)

Every chapters on animation has a detail part to it, as details makes the animation, at least to me, that's what makes it apart from the so so animation.
InfoCentral

Post by InfoCentral »

3deeguy wrote:I'm a GCharb fan.
Dang Gilles, you have your first groupie.
GCharb

Post by GCharb »

InfoCentral wrote:
3deeguy wrote:I'm a GCharb fan.
Dang Gilles, you have your first groupie.
Darn, I feel like a rock star! :)
GCharb

Post by GCharb »

Hello again.

Just a few words to let those interested know that I am still working on the video set and that things are coming along nicely.

I started to add freebie videos on my store page, to let peoples know the kind of quality they can expect from the videos.

I will add a few more during next week.
GCharb

Post by GCharb »

Just a quickie to tell all of those who do not follow my blog that I am done with building the videos of my set for the exception of the final scene.

I will start working on the storyboard in the morning, which I should include in the set.

I also uploaded several freebies to my store page, to give an idea of what to expect.

Again, I want to thank all of those who pre-ordered the set, very much appreciated.

Here is a clip of the walk cycle I will be showing in the set.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFQ4Sor2FhU