Wants and Wishes for 5.5 or beyond...

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Rhoel

Post by Rhoel »

rylleman wrote:1. referenses or instances that can be shared between scenes.
IF this means the ability to save layers and groups, and bring them back into any other scene, I'm 100% behind you on this one.

I recently calculated that by not being able to reused library materials quickly and easily, we are wasting 40 hours of time per 4 min 30 episode. The time savings if we can import libraries are very subastantial: In the case of making a South Park type film, the ability to import a boned Cartman then animate him, would halve the budget.

The ohter advantage of stock is the end quality is both higher and more consistant.

Of the requests I have suggested (and ignoring the hours spend on calculations), my priority and importance orer would be:

[1] Having save/load group/layers from the Layers panel. This single correction will benefit the greatest number of users.
[2] Colour picker.
[3] Correct mask/ignore mask on layers.
[2] Correct fairings.

Rhoel

PS: It is a pity that phpBB does not support polls with multiple choice selection, that is. I'd like a,b,d,f and h. If it could, we could run a poll with all the changes listed and better gauge the true value of any change.

PPS:
I would also liek to see a HDTV subject heading - the more I play with this, the more problems I encounter - standards converting from 25fps to 30 ftp screws up the blink cycles -weird but I need to do more tests to find the best frame rate ...that one is a surprise and I'm disappointed as the 25fps looked really good.
myles

Post by myles »

Rhoel wrote:IF this means the ability to save layers and groups, and bring them back into any other scene, I'm 100% behind you on this one.

I recently calculated that by not being able to reused library materials quickly and easily, we are wasting 40 hours of time per 4 min 30 episode. The time savings if we can import libraries are very subastantial: In the case of making a South Park type film, the ability to import a boned Cartman then animate him, would halve the budget.
Rhoel, I'm confused - do you mind clarifying?
I suspect I've misunderstood something.

I thought you can do that now with importing top-level layers (and all their sub-layers, bone settings, etc), into new .moho files.

Sometimes you need to copy or move the character into a top-level layer, which is a minor awkwardness.

What you can't do, and the request for instances refers to, is make a change in the library/stock character and have that change backwards incorporated into existing .moho files that have already imported the character from the library in the past.

Is this what you were referring to?

Or is the "quickly and easily" part the important phrase?
Rhoel wrote:[1] Having save/load group/layers from the Layers panel. This single correction will benefit the greatest number of users.
The save layers/group is a good suggestion. It possibly saves a step in opening a new/existing library file and importing the desired layer.

Load is of course already there as import.

Regards, Myles.
"Quote me as saying I was mis-quoted."
-- Groucho Marx