General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

kellz5460

QUMA- motion capture device!

Post by kellz5460 »

I came across this on youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PwsTo4LQ ... ture=feedf

first of all- it's insanely amazing technology

2nd of all...I guess everybody will be an animator in the future- I mean REALLY?!?!??!?!?!

Just imagine the potential power of this thing

I mean- there will always be a place for animation- especially for some things- but with this, pose to pose animation is pretty much done so simply it's crazy

It's just amazing where innovation and ideas are taking us
OMG make it stop!
vidi

Post by vidi »

Beautiful ! it is good for posing, but I think kinect technology is great for that, too
SvenFoster

Post by SvenFoster »

woaaahhh!!!!

of course I'd rather it was the other way.. animate it and the robot does the dance :D
--Sven
What *if* the Hokey cokey *is* what its all about?
InfoCentral

Post by InfoCentral »

It looks nice but I don't know how much time it will really save in posing. It would be fun to play around with if it didn't cost too much.
wizaerd

Post by wizaerd »

The next version of iClone (version 5, due in Septemeber) will feature using a Kinect for motion capture...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCsCBZCFwJ0
InfoCentral

Post by InfoCentral »

I already have ipiSoft.
dueyftw

Post by dueyftw »

I already have ipiSoft.
Me too

Dale
julian82

Post by julian82 »

I'd be really interested to see these motion tracking capabilities implemented into AS.... If AS is going to continue to be expanded, surely that's bound to happen one day!
InfoCentral

Post by InfoCentral »

Seems the earthquake and nuclear power plant disasters have all but stopped this products development.
GCharb

Post by GCharb »

Nifty, digital stop-motion!

You think this is dead?
InfoCentral

Post by InfoCentral »

Yep, its a University project and by the time they get their situation worked out the students on this project will have moved on to other things. Like real jobs demanding their attention.
AmigaMan

Post by AmigaMan »

I looked at this when it was first posted. The technology is impressive but I don't understand the advantages? Some animators are better at posing than others. If they can't pose the model in the software they are using, be it 2D or 3D, I doubt handing them a physical model to pose would improve the situation. Surely this just adds another, more complex and probably expensive, element into the process? I have to summise that if people are going to start posing physical puppets to achieve animation then they can already do that and produce beautiful stop-motion films :D
Maestral

Post by Maestral »

Maybe this one is stopped, but something similar would arise sooner or later. It is almost impossible to avoid technological involvement in animation, 2D or 3D.

Some of you might know that dr. Ed Catmull began with Pixar and 3D since he thought (at that time) that it is impossible to move linear/vector drawing and make that movement reversible (properly), so he added 3rd dimension and solved equation. For 2D it was still mathematical problem and seamed to be unsolvable, but ever since I saw Anime Studio and it`s abilities I fell in love with this software. Apparently dr.Ed was wrong, but while being wrong he contributed to a lot of tech improvements which are implemented in now a days programs. Probably some of it is now part of AS.

One is for sure, so many gadgets, toys or as they are called tech. improvements are made to help in 2D animation, but none of those would make animation on it`s own ,)

When AI would be able to make the hole thing on its own, that will be scary.
InfoCentral

Post by InfoCentral »

I just saw this video on motion tracking and was floored. I didn't even know this software had that feature included in it. Its well worth the cost of the software just for that feature alone! There are programs that cost thousands of dollars that only do motion tracking and here it is included as just another feature. Amazing...
GCharb

Post by GCharb »

My webcam comes with facial recognition motion capture, will try to save an animation from it and show it here when I have time, it is surprisingly good!