Do you use a graphics/drawing tablet?

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Do you use a graphics/drawing tablet with Anime Studio?

Yes
72%
No
28%

Total votes: 47
Fahim

Do you use a graphics/drawing tablet?

Post by Fahim »

Just conducting a quick poll, so how many of you use a graphics/drawing tablet when using Anime Studio?
Last edited by Fahim on Fri Jul 15, 2011 4:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
funksmaname

Post by funksmaname »

Greetings Fahim.
I own one, but I rarely use it with AS - i'm more of a point pusher, and bone controls are more accurate with a mouse. The drawing tools aren't good enough to warrant using most of the time - they are a bit erratic as well as riddled with points - its easier to construct with the mouse imho.

p.s. i put 'yes' because the question was about ownership, not use with AS - there's a conflict in your poll and your initial post :) Thought you might be guaging stylus use for development direction ;)
Fahim

Post by Fahim »

Hi Funksmaname,

Yes, I am guaging to see what our fellow Anime Studio users end up saying about their interactivity with a tablet on Anime Studio. By the way, thanks for pointing out the conflict, I think it should be clearer now.

Regards,
funksmaname

Post by funksmaname »

i should probably change my entry to 'no' then :)
although i might sometimes, just coz i get 'clicky finger' fatigue, i don't generally as a rule.
AmigaMan

Post by AmigaMan »

I use a drawing tablet for all applications, I rarely use a mouse. I hardly ever use the freehand tool in AS though due to, as Funksmaname said, ending up with too many points.
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

I use my tablet most of the time in AS, not only for drawing. That's why I prefer a fast interface with easy-to-click items: it's just too cumbersome to have to grab for the mouse each time.
hayasidist

Post by hayasidist »

I use the tablet for trace / draw / fine control, and mouse for "coarse" actions (e.g. draw an arbitrary square) and menu access.
benecosse

Post by benecosse »

I only use a tablet and pen
Last edited by benecosse on Thu May 05, 2016 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
madrobot

Post by madrobot »

Tablet. I used to draft things point to point tracing ref images but it took ages. Then I started drawing on a seperate wacom graphics tablet, an external device plugged in via usb (no screen, just a plastic slab). Now I do it on a Fujitsu Lifebook tablet screen. It's so much quicker.
SvenFoster

Post by SvenFoster »

despite previously using a tablet for everything else I use a mouse for ASP. Mainly because I've just got a new 27" iMac and I'm struggling with the sensitivity of it.. I've found that even my sketching in other apps is really suffering.

I know that I can change the settings to map to a section of the screen etc but Its just not right.. Might need to use the pen only with my macbook pro. and its tiny screen.
--Sven
What *if* the Hokey cokey *is* what its all about?
ponysmasher

Post by ponysmasher »

I voted yes but I probably use the mouse more. On my tablet PC it feels easier to use the pen, on my main workstation I have a wacom tablet but mostly use the mouse.
If AS had better drawing tools I'd probably always use the tablet but right now it feels like I'm doing typical mouse activites with a pen instead of using it the way it's intended, for drawing.
Manu

Post by Manu »

Yup, tablet's the way to go.

I still struggle with switching onion skins on and off. Often ASP will register two fast consecutive clicks. I think there should be a 0.1 second delay before the onion skin bar becomes responsive again.
GCharb

Post by GCharb »

I have no mouse installed, only tablet, but sometimes it is hard to select certain tools.
jonbo

Post by jonbo »

Most times I use the mouse, but I use the tablet for free-hand work. Like the others have said, some tasks are more difficult with the tablet.
Diana Kennedy

Post by Diana Kennedy »

I use the tablet on pretty much every task at my computer. Forgotten how to handle a mouse.