The Principles of Animation, Anime Studio Curriculum Guide

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

AnimeStudioRocks

The Principles of Animation, Anime Studio Curriculum Guide

Post by AnimeStudioRocks »

Hi,
Does anyone here have the "The Principles of Animation, Anime Studio Curriculum Guide"?
This one:
http://contentparadise.com/productDetails.aspx?id=13926

Is it any good?
:?:
AmigaMan

Post by AmigaMan »

I got it a while ago but it was on sale for about $20 I'm sure.
For a beginner it would be good as it covers the principles of animation (obviously) and sets you exercises to do in AS. I don't think it's worth $69 though. You'd be much better off just buying Richard Williams 'Animator's Survival Kit' or one of Brian Lemay's excellent books. 'Character Animation and Lip Sync' being particularly good.
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

AmigaMan wrote:For a beginner it would be good as it covers the principles of animation (obviously) and sets you exercises to do in AS. I don't think it's worth $69 though.
That price is because it includes Anime Studio Debut 6. Maybe they sell it alone, but I don't know really.
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel
barryem

Post by barryem »

If you get it without Debut it's $49. You have to give them a serial number to get it. I'm considering it.

Barry
AnimeStudioRocks

Post by AnimeStudioRocks »

selgin wrote:
AmigaMan wrote:For a beginner it would be good as it covers the principles of animation (obviously) and sets you exercises to do in AS. I don't think it's worth $69 though.
That price is because it includes Anime Studio Debut 6. Maybe they sell it alone, but I don't know really.
They do sell it alone for $49.99, but without the disk. The price still seems too high without the disk and software. Also, the disk has exercise the files. It seems that you need to buy it with the disk if you want to follow along with the book and files.

It would be nice if they would offer the book with just the exercise files ( no software ) for a more reasonable price.
InfoCentral

Post by InfoCentral »

AnimeStudioRocks wrote:It would be nice if they would offer the book with just the exercise files ( no software ) for a more reasonable price.
Yeah, it would be quite useless without the exercise files. You would be a lot better off getting a book on animation from Amazon then.
jdabel

Post by jdabel »

AnimeStudioRocks wrote:
selgin wrote:
They do sell it alone for $49.99, but without the disk. The price still seems too high without the disk and software. Also, the disk has exercise the files. It seems that you need to buy it with the disk if you want to follow along with the book and files.

It would be nice if they would offer the book with just the exercise files ( no software ) for a more reasonable price.
If you buy only the digital book version The Files are ADDED !
InfoCentral

Post by InfoCentral »

jdabel wrote:If you buy only the digital book version The Files are ADDED !
Are the Video tutorials for each lesson added as well?
InfoCentral

Post by InfoCentral »

jdabel wrote:If you buy only the digital book version The Files are ADDED !
Are the Video tutorials for each lesson added as well?

In looking at the content it looks like the tutorial guide that Hash gives you for FREE when you purchase Animation Master. I think SM would be doing themselves a much better service if they released the digital book version for FREE to purchasers of their product.
versluis

Post by versluis »

I'm sure they are, the download is nearly 1GB and that can't all be the book with exercise files.

I'm tempted... but $20 would be more appropriate I think, as would be a link o the existence of this product on the AS product page.
InfoCentral

Post by InfoCentral »

Yeah, check out this and then check out the Animation Master manual complete with videos and you will see they are very similar except that Hash gives you them for FREE!
NeedyN00b

Post by NeedyN00b »

versluis wrote:I'm sure they are, the download is nearly 1GB and that can't all be the book with exercise files.

I'm tempted... but $20 would be more appropriate I think, as would be a link o the existence of this product on the AS product page.
With the Black Friday coupon below, you can temporarily get it for $20

http://store.smithmicro.com/ProductDeta ... ?pid=12952

60% OFF BLACK FRIDAY SALE
It's that time of year again and we're offering deep discounts—60% off most software in our online store*—from now until November 30th.
Use coupon code: BLACKFRIDAY2011