Poll: More 3D in Moho?

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Should Moho have more 3D capabilities? If so, comment on what you feel is needed so we can compile it into a list for the feature request forum. Then LM can review it easier.

Yes.
44%
No.
40%
Maybe.
16%

Total votes: 45
Nichod

Poll: More 3D in Moho?

Post by Nichod »

Thought I'd start a poll to see really who does want more 3D capabilities. My personal vote is No.

Brian
Sometimes in order to accomplish something you need to not sleep.
Rai López

Post by Rai López »

I think that a long discuss Z Bone Rotation as option in bone layers would bring us facilities and a world of posibilities for who want use it, and no bother who not, many times that function is necessary and, I personally wish for working in 2D animations... Well, the situation is that here some people heard: 3D ...and automatically :shock: SHOCK :shock:, well if LM or somebody has other ideas to do ur work more easily and quicky and with the posibility of do all that things that now are SO difficult but it'd be SO easy and simple with 3D bones they can put that ideas here because I'm very interested in heard it (I'm serious), I thought in 3D bones because seems to me the one, logical and practical way to win that liberty that I want in my 2D animations, but if somebody has others, thit is the moment... CIAO!
Last edited by Rai López on Sun Jun 26, 2005 12:07 am, edited 2 times in total.
Regul8R

Post by Regul8R »

Honestly...No.

Moho is good enough right now, maybe some small tweaking needed.

If you want to create 3d, why not use a dedicated program (3ds max) and import into moho. I've failed to understand peoples needs to have everything in moho. the more features that get added make it less 'moho'.

just my opinion

jay b
Blessings for you, but none for me....
Rai López

Post by Rai López »

Well, again, not my case, I want NOT to do 3D, but need "3D features" (nothing new in Moho, after all) like Z bone rotation for advanced and ilimitated 2D animation, 2D forms can be bender and rotate, and can do that in Moho would open a whole new world of possiblities (I think) ...CIAO!
Last edited by Rai López on Fri Jun 24, 2005 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
F.M.

Post by F.M. »

z bones+the ability to import 3D objects in more formats should be enough for me.
"and then Man created god!"
Banterfield

Post by Banterfield »

I'd like to see some official templates (or a script) to help with creating head rotations. This has been accomplished by using layers floating on the z axis so, in that regard, yes to 3d.

I don't know if doing a switch within a switch is possible, but having a character setup to simulate rotation using switches would be a good alternative to true 3d, so no, in that case.

So I said, maybe, which really means I want tools to make more effective traditional cell animation style character rotations, 3d or not.
Dave
nobudget

Post by nobudget »

As stated before it depends how you define 3D. If it means imitating 3D software with shaders and mesh object manipulation the answer is "no", if you also include the z-bones issue the answer is a definite "yes". So basically more z-axis features, not actual 3D features. The depth-of-field could be better, depth sorting could be improved, bone movement along the z-axis.

Reindert.
www.nobudgetvideo.com
Nichod

Post by Nichod »

Please guys. If you vote make a brief comment in relation to your vote. So we all know your reasons and what you specifically are defining as "3D" functonality in Moho. And lets not argue over the answers of others. If you'd like to talk about it post a new thread lets keep it clean :D
Sometimes in order to accomplish something you need to not sleep.
Rai López

Post by Rai López »

...TOTALLY agree with nobudget! (only that).
cribble

Post by cribble »

No

I like MoHo for the fact its 2D, yet still you can place your 2D objects in a 3D environment. But the idea of importing 3D objects, placing them within the environment and animating them is a useless idea to me, as the 3D package i created the objects in could probably off this feature and make it easier to do (not saying i'm a 3D artist in anyway what so ever, hence not mentioning my "3D package" name).

I'm happy with the 3D features already present in MoHo and i don't think it needs to go any further.
--Scott
cribble.net
spasmodic_cheese

Post by spasmodic_cheese »

if i wanted 3d, i would get 3d from one of the many applications that fit the bill already.
jorgy

Post by jorgy »

nobudget wrote:So basically more z-axis features, not actual 3D features.
Bingo! Says it all for me right there.
SteveRyan

3D in Moho

Post by SteveRyan »

My vote of yes is to encourage LM to include features to more easily bring in 3D models and textures from other apps; 3DS Max in particular.

I like the idea of using 3D models in my animations. But I agree with the consensus that creating 3D models should be left to other apps.

I've just been frustrated with the many steps required to bring a model into Moho. I have yet to figure out how to bring a textured model in.
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

i'm agree with ramón lópez and nobudget. i think that would be very useful the 3d bones, moho would be better and would still being the same.
who don't want 3d bones, just don't use them.

(y esto no lo puedo decir en inglés, que no sé cómo hacerlo.
es probable que ramón lópez me lea y entienda: creo que sería bueno que los objetos tridimensionales importados pudieran quedar de un color plano y sólo con un borde por fuera -con ancho variable-. algunas animaciones se harían más fáciles)
kdiddy13

Post by kdiddy13 »

It sounds like it's all been said, but I like to type so I'll add my voice ;)

I'd like the z rotation tool on bones, and some support for exporting mutliplane stuff (z-buffer rendering, or rendering layers) so that I can do 3D compositing in After Effects (depth of field, fog, compositing, etc.)

As far as 3d models and animation? I don't really care, and would prefer more effort put into the drawing and rendering tools (why does Flash export keep so much more detail on fine lines?) If I want to do 3D, I'll use a 3D app.

My 2 cents...
________
Video review
Last edited by kdiddy13 on Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:12 am, edited 1 time in total.