Move points on selected layers script?

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

GCharb

Move points on selected layers script?

Post by GCharb »

Hello all.

I was wondering if anyone knew of a script that allows to move all the points at the same time on all the selected layers for point animation?
Diana Kennedy

Post by Diana Kennedy »

You mean individually? Outside the fact you can move the shape as a whole when all points are selected?
That would be good, yes. And as I stated in another thread, it would be also a cool script such as to prevent all points getting selected when you miss a point and click on the shape-line
GCharb

Post by GCharb »

Hello Diana, and thanks for your reply!

What I meant is this.

Say I have a head made of several layers. I select all the layers of the head, activate the script, then all point get activated and then I can move all the points of all the layers at the same time with the magnet tool.

As for selecting all points, isn't the shape select option in the translate point tool just to prevent that?
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

I agree with this. It would be just awesome to edit several layer's points at the same time.
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel
Rudiger

Post by Rudiger »

Stop coming with such excellent ideas for scripts! I have to get some sleep at some point :cry: :lol:!
SvenFoster

Post by SvenFoster »

Guys some great scripts floating around from the members on the forum so kudos.

I cant help but thinking AS should support these things already.. but hey atleast they can be added right :D
--Sven
What *if* the Hokey cokey *is* what its all about?
GCharb

Post by GCharb »

Rudiger wrote:Stop coming with such excellent ideas for scripts! I have to get some sleep at some point :cry: :lol:!
Gilles gets his whip out of a box and gives Rudiger a maniacal look! :twisted:

Heheh, still, that would be very useful as a script. I really need to get into Lua!

Svenfoster, not everything is possible in scripting, but they opened the box a little more in v8, so maybe even more, and better scripts will see the light of day!
benecosse

Post by benecosse »

if this could be done with a script it would be so good.
Last edited by benecosse on Thu May 05, 2016 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GCharb

Post by GCharb »

benecosse wrote:
GCharb wrote: Say I have a head made of several layers. I select all the layers of the head, activate the script, then all point get activated and then I can move all the points of all the layers at the same time with the magnet tool.
Yes, if this could be done with a script it would be so good. I try to keep everything on the one layer to avoid having to click through multi layers but it has it's drawbacks when trying I to create complicated actions.
I'd definately use a script like this a lot!
So would I.

I'd like to keep everything on one layer, but then I would have to give up layer animation, one of ASP strong tool.

Having such a script at our disposal would mean a middle between the two techniques, which would be a tremendous asset.
digitalartguru

Post by digitalartguru »

I agree.
AmigaMan

Post by AmigaMan »

Me too :D That would be incredibly useful as you say.
madrobot

Post by madrobot »

SvenFoster wrote:Guys some great scripts floating around from the members on the forum so kudos.

I cant help but thinking AS should support these things already.. but hey atleast they can be added right :D
That's the interesting tradeoff with AS. Limitations in the app itself can be sometimes overcome by the ingenuity of the user community, due to the scripting access in the app - which as they say has apparently opened even more with the current release. Taking into account also the more proactive interaction with users on the part of SM staff recently, things are looking quite promising IMHO.

Adrian
SvenFoster

Post by SvenFoster »

definately @madrobot I'm a seasoned programmer (read: old and tired...so very tired)
I would always release a software product with a plugin infrastructure and scripting interface for the very reasons you've stated... of course I'd also fix bugs ;)

I jest, not down on it, think AS is awesome and with the new vigour the dev team are taking its bound to get better.

.oO( I'm so.... resisting reading through some lua docs...)
--Sven
What *if* the Hokey cokey *is* what its all about?