Group Project.

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

x-vishon

Group Project.

Post by x-vishon »

Has anyone thought it would be cool to get a few people together and do a really cool cartoon. Something for fun where we can all work together to put our skills into one project. You know get everyone to write a script together. Then group figures out the style. Then Storyboard. And Voice acting. Im Pritty good with sound and music composition. then some one dose backgrounds and a few do Character models and what not. Im also good at animating rigs onec there together. at least somethings. :) Then take all the parts and Comp them together in aftereffects or whatever and make a cool cartoon. :)

Just a spur of the moment idea. Any one else interested?

Current Brain Storm: Style / Topic --- Will ad to this list as ideas come in then start a poll later.
  • Kids Cartoon
    Comedy
    Satire
    Musical
Last edited by x-vishon on Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
meltedtoons

Post by meltedtoons »

I'm pretty good with after effects... You can take a look at one of my work on YT if you're interested...
http://youtu.be/8WOsUTL-Xbs
jezjones29

Post by jezjones29 »

Sounds like a good idea.. even if everyone added a small part I'm sure it would help.
x-vishon

Post by x-vishon »

Exactly. Plus Im sure is could help AS to have a really good Show-reel Piece.
Only reason I have not done a full cartoon is it is suck a pain in the A$$ to go through all the steps my self and Im not really a background artist. Sound, Character Face Animation and most moments I have no problem with. I have a studio for voicing. Hear is a website for a young guy I recorded with a couple months back. http://www.cullenphillips.com There is a song on the home page. I recorded/mixed/mastered it but I also do other types of sound work. I know Photoshop Mostly inside and out except for a few new things in CS5.5 Im competent in after effects basics. I guess what we need to do is get some ideas flowing and figure out if we do it all threw the forum or some live chat client.
neeters_guy

Post by neeters_guy »

Sounds great. School's out and it's good opportunity to work on a project. Lwaxana started something similar last year. You might find this useful for background.

Character Animation Challenge/Collaboration

collaboration?

Lwaxana acted as the representative for the project. He furnished the rig, established the rules, and updated the thread. I received the anme files, rendered them out, composited the clips, and hosted the final on youtube. Everyone who wanted to play just downloaded the file and animated it, and sent me a pm.

Overall, I think it turned out well, mainly because it actually completed. Most (volunteer) team project just fizzle out. The key is to keep it simple, make the rules clear, and have one person as the organizer.

Anyway, it sounds like you may have something different in mind, but this reminded of Lwaxana's project. I'll be watching this. Good luck!

PS. This probably belongs in the Share Your Work or Contest subforums.
x-vishon

Post by x-vishon »

Ok, so then If were going to do this i have no problem organizing. First things first we need a idea for the type of cartoon Lets get a list together of Ideas and then Create a poll for which to go with. I mean is it going to be something funny, Serious, Educational... ect Then I say once we know the direction to go in we group write a rough Idea for a storyboard. that way we will know how many characters, How many backgrounds... ect. we then start on content creation and story board as well as Music and Voice acting. If someone has some good voice talent and a good mic to record on Ill clean the parts. Maybe even record some myself :) Then we animate as a group part by part. I say 30 minutes max unless we all want to go longer. So Every one sound off on a Topic or Idea for a setting or character or theme.

After we have a good few Ideas to work with I will edit in a poll on original Post so we can vote between them.
jezjones29

Post by jezjones29 »

OK, just to put something out there.. I would like to do something like this...

http://www.channel5.com/shows/the-adven ... y/episodes

..it looks like it could be made in AS

We could all make bits and then animate parts etc.

I think something for kids is easier than comedy, and they tend to do well on Youtube

What do you think?
x-vishon

Post by x-vishon »

Something for Kids. Ill ad that to the poll when it goes up. Never would of though of that.
x-vishon

Post by x-vishon »

No one has any suggestions for topics? really?
x-vishon

Post by x-vishon »

I still really want to start a group project. I was thinking what if group animated a Broadway musical. A comedy though like "book of Mormon" or "avenue Q" or Spamalot Somthing like that. That way script and recording is done we just start on storyboard and character development. Then Focus on Characters "Acting." Simple backgrounds that look like a stage with backdrops on it. Could make backgrounds Much easier and maybe a cooler stylized look.
aleXean

Post by aleXean »

I'd like to get involved, sounds like fun!
sbtamu

Post by sbtamu »

It sounds like a good idea but 30 minutes is way to long IMO. Maybe keep it under 2 minutes for the 1st go around.

My strong points are voices and editing sound and videos. I'm weak in animating and artistic attributes
Sorry for bad animation

http://www.youtube.com/user/sbtamu
aleXean

Post by aleXean »

My strong points are creating character rigs and drawing characters. My animating skills are improving but I am still learning.