Downloading pro 8. Can I install on 2 machines?

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

paulcopeland

Downloading pro 8. Can I install on 2 machines?

Post by paulcopeland »

Hello.

I have just purchased ASP 8.

Could some kind soul please tell me if I can install the software on two machines, if I only use the program on one machine at a time?

Thank you for your help.

Paul.

Ps. I tried to create a support ticket with Smith Micro, but for some unknown reason could not complete the ticket, and that is why I am asking my question here.
Get my free piano sheet music here http://www.scoreexchange.com/profiles/pianoedition
neeters_guy

Post by neeters_guy »

You should be able to. AS doesn't require internet connection to authorize software.

(Note: You do need internet access for the new content library function, which I usually turn off. Under Edit-> Preferences, check Use old library.)
Lost Marble
Site Admin

Post by Lost Marble »

neeters_guy wrote:(Note: You do need internet access for the new content library function, which I usually turn off. Under Edit-> Preferences, check Use old library.)
That's not quite true. There are some features in the content library that let you browse content that's for sale on Content Paradise - that requires an internet connection. If you're just browsing content installed on your local drive, no internet connection is required.
paulcopeland

Post by paulcopeland »

Thank you neeters_guy and lost marble.

Hmm, I still don't exactly know what to do.

I have purchased the program and installed it on one computer, but I have not authorized it, which means that it is running in demo mode and will not save any movies, avi's etc.

So, I hope someone here can let me know if I can install on two computers.

Seeya,

Paul.
Get my free piano sheet music here http://www.scoreexchange.com/profiles/pianoedition
benecosse

Post by benecosse »

I have successfully installed ASpro8 on a laptop and a desktop machine both with internet access so yes, it's ok.
paulcopeland

Post by paulcopeland »

Hi benecosse.

Many thanks for your quick reply.

I will give it a go.

Paul.
benecosse wrote:I have successfully installed ASpro8 on a laptop and a desktop machine both with internet access so yes, it's ok.
Belgarath

Post by Belgarath »

Well, just because you *can* do it doesn't mean the EULA actually allows you to. (I *can* tell my auto insurance that I'm the only driver for my car so that I'd getting a lower price, and then let a teenager drive it instead, but that doesn't mean I should).

You should contact Smith Micro directly. Who better to answer a question about the program's EULA than the company that made that software and EULA?
aleXean

Post by aleXean »

What if I buy the digital upgrade on my desktop? Can I put it on my laptop? The only physical copy of AS that I have is Pro 6.
Belgarath

Post by Belgarath »

aleXean, I'd recommend contacting Smith Micro directly for EULA questions like this. http://support.smithmicro.com
digitalartguru

Post by digitalartguru »

Belgarath wrote:Well, just because you *can* do it doesn't mean the EULA actually allows you to. (I *can* tell my auto insurance that I'm the only driver for my car so that I'd getting a lower price, and then let a teenager drive it instead, but that doesn't mean I should).

You should contact Smith Micro directly. Who better to answer a question about the program's EULA than the company that made that software and EULA?
This is true. Contact SM to be safe.
Tori

Post by Tori »

Yup - you can! Laptop and desktop or work and home are perfectly acceptable installs, as long as you aren't using them both at the same time.