Technotise - Serbian Feature Film made with AS

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

JaMike

Post by JaMike »

shufle wrote:These are the awards :
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid= ... =1&theater
Thanks for that.

You'd think Smith Micro would do a better job of pushing this news...
shufle

Post by shufle »

AmigaMan wrote:I showed support by buying the BluRay from Germany as it stated it had English subtitles...it doesn't! :( It was still great to see and I've earned my right to download it I guess :D
Can you give the site where you bought it ? Something is very wrong with that distribution you are the second person who had that problem !! :evil:
shufle

Post by shufle »

kellz5460 wrote:This- really is good

It reminds me of the first Time I saw Ghost in the Shell or Baton

It's on the same level

BTW another good animation movie is Baton

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=keV6gQfEWqk

Does anybody know of any other things like this animated with AS or in part using AS?
Idea for the esthetic of the movie was that we combine Japanese style with classic Dinsney style..

Thanks for the compliments :)
AmigaMan

Post by AmigaMan »

Hi Shufle,

I bought it from Amazon in Germany. I may have seen the description on another German site stating it had English subtitles and ordered from Amazon.de obviously assuming it'd be the same? Either that or Amazon have changed the description as I don't think it mentions English subtitles now.
Is there a version with English track or subtitles?
chucky

Post by chucky »

DOBRO! :shock:
GCharb

Post by GCharb »

I got the English subtitles here, so yes they are available!
Barry Baker

Post by Barry Baker »

shufle wrote:... And after all, the movie itself as a project was very pioneer...for Serbia that's was our first animated movie (if we don't count Yugoslavia period)...
But you MUST count the Yugoslavia period. The animation produced at that time was world class. When I was a student, we eagerly watched as much Yugoslavian animation as we could find. The Zagreb festival alternated with Annecy at that time too. I never made it over, but I wish I had.
Maestral

Post by Maestral »

^ Usually, when remarks like "if we don`t count Yugoslavia period" comes from people from former Yugoslavia it is not denial of that time but more likely determination of period after 90`s toward present time.

As much as I know, Technotise was indeed pioneering project - both technically and esthetically for that time being.
Barry Baker

Post by Barry Baker »

Well, I watched the film last night, and enjoyed it a lot. I love the design, concept and the script. It's a difficult style of animation to bring off convincingly, as the characters are so naturalistic, and the scenes vary a lot in their degree of success, but it says a lot for the film that even when faces went a bit skew it didn't get in the way of the narrative. It certainly builds well, and kept me completely hooked till the end.
hothead

Post by hothead »

can someone make a english subtitle for this video please pretty please
GCharb

Post by GCharb »

There is one already!
hothead

Post by hothead »

give me the link please. I am glad that no one here will delete my post. i am a spammer :twisted: what the f--- lol.... link
GCharb

Post by GCharb »

The one on YouTube has subtitles in many languages, including English!
hothead

Post by hothead »

ok thanks
JoelMayer

Post by JoelMayer »

Whoops, i should check with this site more often, but i was busy launching an animation Studio with my father. Potential Anime Studio Project is ahead ;)

OT - shufle- I would be interested, if in hindsight you think AS has really shortened the production time as a more traditional workflow with lets say Toon Boom Software and classical animation. After all, it takes Disney about the same amount of time to chew out one of their features as it took you to complete Technotise. Or was that more because of budgetary reasons?

I like the movie very much by the way and kudos to your work :)