Anime Studio Pro 8 - Free upgrade if recent purchase?

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

digitalartguru

Anime Studio Pro 8 - Free upgrade if recent purchase?

Post by digitalartguru »

Hello folks,

For people that recently purchased an upgrade to Anime Studio Pro 7, what is the criteria to qualify for a free upgrade to version 8? Purchased within 1 month, 2 months, etc. ???

Thanks
Last edited by digitalartguru on Sun Jun 19, 2011 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

I read in facebook anime studio's page that if you bought version 7 after May 8th you can get a free upgrade.
Anyway, please confirm this information yourself with Smith Micro.
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel
digitalartguru

Post by digitalartguru »

selgin wrote:I read in facebook anime studio's page that if you bought version 7 after May 8th you can get a free upgrade.
Anyway, please confirm this information yourself with Smith Micro.
Thanks for the post. I will look into it.

Cheers!
Fulkster

Post by Fulkster »

I just posted the question on the FB site about a purchase in April (before May 8 ),. and:
There is no additional discount depending on purchase date or version. If you purchased after May 8th, you qualify for a free upgrade, otherwise on June 8th, anyone with a previous serial number will qualify for the same upgrade pricing. ($99 for Pro for 5 days only, or $129.99 after.)
...if anyone who upgraded before May might want to take advantage of the 5-day only sale. (Better than sticking a pencil in your eye! :wink: )
pihms

Post by pihms »

I was still in the 30 day money back guarantee. I returned My 7 today with a few days to spare. I also had problems with it crashing at times when I opened the library. Hopefully 8 has that fixed.
digitalartguru

Post by digitalartguru »

Fulkster wrote:I just posted the question on the FB site about a purchase in April (before May 8 ),. and:
There is no additional discount depending on purchase date or version. If you purchased after May 8th, you qualify for a free upgrade, otherwise on June 8th, anyone with a previous serial number will qualify for the same upgrade pricing. ($99 for Pro for 5 days only, or $129.99 after.)
...if anyone who upgraded before May might want to take advantage of the 5-day only sale. (Better than sticking a pencil in your eye! :wink: )
Nice post! Thanks for the heads up!
aleXean

Post by aleXean »

99$ 5 days? Agh 129! I really want it though...sigh...I thought upgrades would be a little less...still gonna try and get it though!
mykylr

Post by mykylr »

I find the upgrade costs seem to show they think they cannot get many new users so have to grab as much cash as possible from current users.

It is the only application I know I will be spending 50% or more of the original cost to upgrade. I own photoshop and modo and all sorts of other applications and the most they have ever charged me for an upgrade is probably around a third of the full cost.

Who knows why they charge so much. What I do know is 8 pro seems like a no brainer but for a difference of $29 during this '5 day special' I will wait till I really need it. :)

If it was $59 or even $69 for these 5 days then went up to $99 or the silly $129 after that for upgrading, I would have jumped on board straight away and not waited till I either need it or just plain want it.

Cheers

Mike R
digitalartguru

Post by digitalartguru »

mykylr wrote:I find the upgrade costs seem to show they think they cannot get many new users so have to grab as much cash as possible from current users.

It is the only application I know I will be spending 50% or more of the original cost to upgrade. I own photoshop and modo and all sorts of other applications and the most they have ever charged me for an upgrade is probably around a third of the full cost.

Who knows why they charge so much. What I do know is 8 pro seems like a no brainer but for a difference of $29 during this '5 day special' I will wait till I really need it. :)

If it was $59 or even $69 for these 5 days then went up to $99 or the silly $129 after that for upgrading, I would have jumped on board straight away and not waited till I either need it or just plain want it.

Cheers

Mike R
I do agree with this. The upgrade price ( even at $99 ) is very high. I will also wait for now. If it was $59 or $69, I would upgrade with no hesitation. I would recommend this app to new users. Its nice software!
kashan

Post by kashan »

Its really good software but price is high and unpredictable....
GCharb

Post by GCharb »

Price is high?

Toonboom studio is 329$ regular price while AS Debut is 49$

Toonboom Animate is 700$ regular price while AS Pro is 199$

You get plenty for your buck in my opinion!
sbtamu

Post by sbtamu »

SM is having a 5 day sale for upgrades. $99 for AS8 pro.

http://my.smithmicro.com/email_web/anim ... rade-sale/
Sorry for bad animation

http://www.youtube.com/user/sbtamu
2ner

Post by 2ner »

Thanks for the tip sbtamu, but I'm still waiting for a much lower price.