next scene!

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

tony2sugars

next scene!

Post by tony2sugars »

Hi all. new to this forum but sure you can help with a probably stupid question. I'm very new to animation and anime studio 7 debut. o.k here's my question... i've done my first layer.- a talking star (goodness know how i got that far :o . Anyway, i have the star introducing the next scene, of which i need to start from new, a blank canvas where the story starts from.
How do i get a new scene or page, if you get my drift?!

With kind thanx in anticipated reply!

Tony2sugars
Danimal

Post by Danimal »

Everything's all done in one scene in Anime Studio, so you have two choices:

1 - make a whole new document for each scene and edit them together with a video editor

2 - Put all your elements for each scene inside a bone layer (Group layer would be my choice, but I don't think they have them in the Debut version). Then double click each bone layer containing your different scene elements and turn on and off Visibility with the check box as you want each scene to show or hide as the case may be. So for instance, at the end of the Talking Star scene you'd turn its Visibility off and then turn on the Visibility of the next scene.
~Danimal
tony2sugars

Post by tony2sugars »

Thanx for your reply... number 1 answer dont understand sorry.
so looks like i will have to try number 2 answer allbeit difficult for a layman like me.
Regards anyway
Danimal

Post by Danimal »

The first choice would require the use of an outside piece of software designed to edit movies such as Sony Vegas or Adobe Premiere.

The second sounds a little confusing, but it's a pretty simple thing to do once you get the hang of it. It's actually kind of a nice way to work because then you can have everything all in one file and turn on and off the different scenes as you need to.

Best of luck! :)
~Danimal
tony2sugars

Post by tony2sugars »

Hi again...would like to try the 2nd way, could you explain it more simply for me please.
Thanx for your help, really appreciate it.

Tony2sugars
NeedyN00b

Post by NeedyN00b »

Danimal wrote:The first choice would require the use of an outside piece of software designed to edit movies such as Sony Vegas or Adobe Premiere.

The second sounds a little confusing, but it's a pretty simple thing to do once you get the hang of it. It's actually kind of a nice way to work because then you can have everything all in one file and turn on and off the different scenes as you need to.

Best of luck! :)
I believe you could also use Windows Movie Maker or Apple iMovie for this basic patching together of scenes (free with your operating system!).
winknotes

Re: next scene!

Post by winknotes »

tony2sugars wrote:Hi all. new to this forum but sure you can help with a probably stupid question. I'm very new to animation and anime studio 7 debut. o.k here's my question... i've done my first layer.- a talking star (goodness know how i got that far :o . Anyway, i have the star introducing the next scene, of which i need to start from new, a blank canvas where the story starts from.
How do i get a new scene or page, if you get my drift?!

With kind thanx in anticipated reply!

Tony2sugars
You don't need to completely draw all of your scenes from scratch. You can draw a background and save it to your library for future use by importing it into a new file. Same goes with characters and all the hard work you put into mouth shapes and the like.

I'm new to animation myself and have yet to complete an animation, but according to what I've read and thinking through what makes most sense (to me anyway) I think you'd want to make each scene a separate anime file. As stated previously on the thread, you'd export each scene (anime file) and assemble them in Windows Movie Maker or Apple iMovie if you're using a Mac.

I just watched a video blog post talking about transitioning scenes and that it's a good idea to animate about 15-20 frames at the beginning and end of the scene to use as a "handle" for putting your scenes together. This keeps the action flowing a little better from scene to scene.

Anyway as I said I'm a rank beginner and I hope the more experienced users will continue to chime in.
Steve Winkler

Anime Studio Pro 6.2
Windows 7 64-bit
Rudiger

Post by Rudiger »

I was going to say use Actions, but then I remembered that they are probably not in the Debut version.

I would create each scene in a separate anme file too, which is Danimal's option 1.

If you really wanted to, you could always import them into a single anme file later on, but you're probably better off using an external video editor to cut them together like everybody's being saying.
jonbo

Post by jonbo »

I think it should also be noted that Debut is limited to 3000 frames. At 24 fps that means 2min. 5 sec. of animation, so multiple scenes in one file might come up to this limit and make you use an external video editor anyway.
Danimal

Post by Danimal »

I hadn't thought of the frame limit. And to be honest, I'm not even sure if Debut allows for animated layer visibility. An external editor may end up being required. Let me know if you still want to know the basics of the method I was describing, thanks!
~Danimal
sbtamu

Post by sbtamu »

jonbo wrote:I think it should also be noted that Debut is limited to 3000 frames. At 24 fps that means 2min. 5 sec. of animation, so multiple scenes in one file might come up to this limit and make you use an external video editor anyway.
True.

I used debut for a year before I bought Pro and never once was the 3000 frames an issue. I would have my character say their lines then cut and render it. The next scene would be a different camera angle and they would talk again. rinse and repeat. And I used WMM to put it all together.

Now, A few years later, I use AS Pro and Sony Vegas but, you can still put a nice story together with Debut and WMM.
Sorry for bad animation

http://www.youtube.com/user/sbtamu