Anime Studio 8 Already?

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

madriver

Post by madriver »

Danimal wrote:
NEW! Character Wizard automates the creation of fully rigged characters complete with walk cycles, expressions and more
This is what interests me. The thought of being able to quickly create rigged characters of my own design (as other copy implies) may take away some of the tedium and actually get me animating more. This sounds like it could be a pretty good upgrade.
Completely agree. It seems like AS does just enough to keep serious animators coming back. This feature alone could be worth the upgrade.
Danimal

Post by Danimal »

madriver wrote:NEW! Easily change the overall design and render styles of your animations.

Anyone have any idea what this might look like?
Currently there's a feature where you can make an image layer look "cartoony," I'm guessing that's something similar. Like a different kind of render mode to make things look "sketchy" or "water colory" or something along those lines. It's just a guess though.
~Danimal
heiseman

Post by heiseman »

I hope we get proper editable velocity curves this time round. The current easing in/out model is horrible.
chucky

Post by chucky »

I had some horrible render problems with 7 but I'm pretty sure the patch fixed 'most' of those issues.
Mike Clifton had posted on this forum yonks ago when I questioned if it is 64 bit compatible , before I went and spent on a new system. He assured it was, the multicore does definitely render hugely faster and judging by the asset management improvements listed in the new features then the render crash (which was due to external files0 must have been fixed.
we shall have to wait and see.
vidi

Post by vidi »

now SMITH MICRO is soon releasing V8.0.
I'm so excited I can't wait to play with this :D
Fulkster

Post by Fulkster »

vidi wrote:
now SMITH MICRO is soon releasing V8.0.
I'm so excited I can't wait to play with this :D

:lol: ...well, is it "now", or "soon"??? :lol: (Are we within a week, or a month of this? Does anyone know?)
jonbo

Post by jonbo »

The site i found says june 14, but i don't know if its' accurate. i didn't mean to imply that AS8 is already out. all sarina's post said was that it is coming out soon and there would be more details coming.
benecosse

Post by benecosse »

+1
Last edited by benecosse on Thu May 05, 2016 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
benecosse

Post by benecosse »

The auto trace demo looks pretty impressive. Although I can't work out from these videos if character wizard can be used with your own characters?
benecosse

Post by benecosse »

I wonder what the icon in the layers tool bar is for? It looks like frames with an arrow?
jonbo

Post by jonbo »

I think that might be for the new patch layer feature. Just a guess.
benecosse

Post by benecosse »

yes probably
Last edited by benecosse on Thu May 05, 2016 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jonbo

Post by jonbo »

I agree on all points. But for a $99 upgrade, I'll most likely get it anyway and see what they can do :wink:
benecosse

Post by benecosse »

cool
Last edited by benecosse on Thu May 05, 2016 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mykylr

Post by mykylr »

Where did you see the upgrade price?

Cheers

Mike R