Anime Studio 8 Already?

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

benecosse

Post by benecosse »

All sounds interesting. Can't wait to see some demos
Last edited by benecosse on Thu May 05, 2016 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chucky

Post by chucky »

NO frame by frame support, has been a big topic, certainly I would like that too, point taken. :?
dueyftw

Post by dueyftw »

With each new release is more problems than solutions. I'm not going to spend any money until they 'Smith Micro' starts fixing bugs. This is their revenue stream, buy a product, add a few new features, resale upgrade for half the price of new, repeat every year. I'm getting tired of it.

Dale
Last edited by dueyftw on Fri May 27, 2011 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
benecosse

Post by benecosse »

Hopefully any bugs will have been sorted
Last edited by benecosse on Thu May 05, 2016 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Imago

Post by Imago »

Someone can guess the upgrade price from ASP 7.1?
If it's too high, this time I can't buy it...
Sorry for my bad english... Q_Q
neeters_guy

Post by neeters_guy »

Real Time Media Connection could be a game changer. This means raster-style fbf would be possible using AS in conjunction with Photoshop.

heyvern developed a script that did something similar: A single image layer to "play" an image sequence!
benecosse

Post by benecosse »

sounds really promising
Last edited by benecosse on Thu May 05, 2016 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
crsP

Post by crsP »

neeters_guy wrote:Real Time Media Connection could be a game changer. This means raster-style fbf would be possible using AS in conjunction with Photoshop.
That sentence doesn't make sense to me. If you are using an external app to animate in, and ASP is auto-updating the images as you go, then you are animating in that external app and not ASP. There seems more downsides to this approach than advantages. I.e. whilst doing frame by frame in this other app, you have ASP in the background, taking up memory and cpu cycles, just to replicate what you are doing in the animation app. Waiting to crash and bring both apps down with it. If you're on Windows. heh

Sounds like Version Cue from Adobe, but for ASP.

Okay, so here is an example of FBF use. You have a rigged cut-out style character, and you want to animate a FBF sequence of a tear drop rolling down the cheek. I doubt that this realtime update goes both ways [oo-er], and sends that rigged character to the other app to be used as a reference for the teardrop's travels. On the other hand, if better FBF tools were in ASP, then you would be able to just advance frames and draw what you want.

I hope the 'Character Wizard' is like guides which are user-definable and points can snap to it. So you can design you character in a sort of model sheet layout. And not a library of different heads, hands, mouth etc. that look like clipart from Word.
eago

Post by eago »

I hope " Modified interface options enhance " includes being able to edit multiple layers in the timeline.
ponysmasher

Post by ponysmasher »

eago wrote:I hope " Modified interface options enhance " includes being able to edit multiple layers in the timeline.
I hope it means being able to keep the blend morph window open.
benecosse

Post by benecosse »

and maybe masks and actions gets a makeover too?
Last edited by benecosse on Thu May 05, 2016 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
crsP

Post by crsP »

benecosse wrote: ..and maybe masks and actions gets a makeover too?
I would imagine, if they were, it would be advertised in the features. Don't know if it is direct copy from Smith Micro, but there is repetition of 'New' features on the lists.
benecosse

Post by benecosse »

exciting :)
Last edited by benecosse on Thu May 05, 2016 5:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
jonbo

Post by jonbo »

Just for kicks, I googled Anime Studio Debut 8 features and found this at the same place. Note there are a couple of features listed for debut but not in pro (the poor copy of the pro release on this site might be to blame) I can't see them leaving them out of the pro version. There is a vector shape selector listed as NEW , and an ability to apply cut-out style to any character or object also listed as new. check it out

http://www.navarre.com/nds/catalog/item ... 84245.aspx
crsP

Post by crsP »

So maybe the repeated new features were supposed to be those on the debut site?

"NEW! Create complex shapes and sketch in any style with enhanced drawing tools."

Is it wishful thinking to believe this is referring to something like Artrage\Painter in AS? If it is, maybe frame by frame was actually attended to.

I'd be interested to check out the demo, to test out if they have fixed the notorious bugs. Even so, what disappointment that only one bug was fixed in version 7 cycle. Doesn't bring any confidence that bugs will be fixed in version 8 if found.